Franzl AG confirmation hearing (At Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:31:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Franzl AG confirmation hearing (At Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Franzl AG confirmation hearing (At Vote)  (Read 5623 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:26:24 PM »
« edited: December 29, 2008, 12:33:47 PM by das Blut auf deiner Wange »

called to order.

Please ask the nominee questions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »

I have a question:

Can we just skip to a vote? Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

No, please....ask your questions. I want everyone to vote for me with a good conscience.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »

Alright then, although I retract these questions if they somehow drag out the time:

How do you feel about dual account holding?
How do you feel about those who hack other's accounts?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »

Alright then, although I retract these questions if they somehow drag out the time:

How do you feel about dual account holding?

Well...purely legally speaking, I don't see anything against it....as long as they don't register to vote/actually vote with that account. In my own personal view, I strongly oppose the practice. Not only is it misleading....but it just shows a lack of character concerning the actual poster holding dual accounts. Anybody that needs double support for anything clearly isn't confident of his own abilities.

How do you feel about those who hack other's accounts?

I dislike them strongly. It's illegal, and I would prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. We should never tolerate hacking.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:46:51 PM »

of course.....voting with a second account constitutes voter fraud.....and should be prosecuted.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »

What is your opinion of the conduct of the previous Attorney General?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »

I'd ask the PPT and VP to use their powers under the OSPR to bypass the standard time period requirements to bring this to a vote as soon as possible.

I'm sure Senators can continue their questions as needs be during that time, but hopefully opening the vote early will increase the chances of getting the required votes in and also save us from too many more of these irrelevant RPP questions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 07:58:21 PM »

I'd ask the PPT and VP to use their powers under the OSPR to bypass the standard time period requirements to bring this to a vote as soon as possible.

I'm sure Senators can continue their questions as needs be during that time, but hopefully opening the vote early will increase the chances of getting the required votes in and also save us from too many more of these irrelevant RPP questions.
1.) They are far from irrelevant
2.) I said I will gladly waive any questions to get the nominee confirmed
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »

What is your opinion of the conduct of the previous Attorney General?

besides the fact that he allegedly committed a crime?

I think he was more focused on trying to torment Ben than actually look at the case objectively....which doesn't mean that he was wrong to attempt to prosecute...but I suspect he had various motives.

In my opinion....he should have let someone else take it to court....it's pretty obvious that there was a conflict of interest.

If he had been truly interested in a successful prosecution, then he should have been willing to make the whole process seem legitimate and fair to the general public....and that would have included letting an impartial prosecutor do the work.

Of course...this doesn't even mention the hypocrisy of Xahar's behavior...but as nothing in that case has been proven yet, I'd rather not comment directly.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »

They have all been irrelevant. How the AG 'feels' about dual account holding, hacking, or Xahar are all irrelevant to his competence and ability to carry out his duties as AG. They don't offer any insight to his legal knowledge or his capacity to run the pressing cases. It doesn't matter what he feels about these things, what matters is that he will try to the best of his abilities uphold the law and that he can do the job asked of him.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 08:29:11 PM »

They have all been irrelevant. How the AG 'feels' about dual account holding, hacking, or Xahar are all irrelevant to his competence and ability to carry out his duties as AG. They don't offer any insight to his legal knowledge or his capacity to run the pressing cases. It doesn't matter what he feels about these things, what matters is that he will try to the best of his abilities uphold the law and that he can do the job asked of him.
To equate to real world terms, is it irrelevant to ask an AG how they feel about waterboarding?  Cause that seemed to come off an awful lot last time.  Maybe they didn't cover that over there in Ireland or something?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »

To equate to real world terms, is it irrelevant to ask an AG how they feel about waterboarding?  Cause that seemed to come off an awful lot last time.  Maybe they didn't cover that over there in Ireland or something?

I don't really know anything of those hearings.

However, I would suggest that it's perfectly relevant to ask such a nominee of his opinions on the legality of waterboarding, whether or not given the existing legal structure he would prosecute instances of it, etc.
Asking about what he thinks of waterboarding generally, whether he thinks it should be legal, how he feels about those who commit the act, etc. is, IMHO, quite irrelevant.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »

Some questions for the nominee...

1. Do you have the time and interest to keep the wiki updated?

2. What do you regard the position of AG as? Law enforcement? Public prosecutor? Running and updating an archive? As that of the Administration's lawyer? Or some combination of those?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »

Do you plan to stay on as the attorney general until at least the end of the president's current term?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 03:15:11 AM »

Some questions for the nominee...

1. Do you have the time and interest to keep the wiki updated? Actually...unlike Xahar, I'm not too enthusiastic about this part of the job, but I'm willing to do it. It's not all that big...and it doesn't seem too hard to do. But yeah, my interest in being AG is much more due to the legal part than this.

2. What do you regard the position of AG as? Law enforcement? Public prosecutor? Running and updating an archive? As that of the Administration's lawyer? Or some combination of those?

It's a combination of the above mentioned aspects. The AG's primary concern, though, is protecting the public's interests by seeking to prosecute and punish those who commit crimes against the Atlasian public. Voter fraud....hacking....etc. are an attack against all Atlasians who believe in true equality. I see it as my job....in the name of the general public....to make sure that such acts result in appropriate consequences.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 03:16:37 AM »

Do you plan to stay on as the attorney general until at least the end of the president's current term?

It is my intention, yes.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »

I move for a vote, I am more than satisfied with the nominee's answers
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »

Sorry for not being around earlier, I had other obligations. I couldn't be happier that Franzl was picked, and I believe that he will make a fair, and honest Attorney General. I believe that every question I would have asked has already been done so.

I'd like to second my fellow Senator DWTL, and would like to move that this go to a vote.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »

Aye, lets get this voted on.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »

I'm happy to do the Article VII thing if Lewis wants to as well.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »

Seconded.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:24 AM »

I wouldn't mind getting the vote started either. Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »

My hands are tied until Lewis says something. The OSPR is rather clear, and I wouldn't want to try something rash lest I jeopardize the pending case.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 05:51:01 AM »

My hands are tied until Lewis says something. The OSPR is rather clear, and I wouldn't want to try something rash lest I jeopardize the pending case.

Your emergency dictatorial powers are unclear in this situation? Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies