The College Bubble
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:48:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The College Bubble
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The College Bubble  (Read 1807 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 05:27:35 PM »

We can automate more or less everything these days. Why not simply just end work as we know it?

Because it would upset the hierarchy and the system of social control, donut.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2009, 05:33:52 PM by Torie »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ya, Germany wastes a ton of money allowing kids to keep baked for years on end in second rate institutions bearing the moniker "universities." No thanks, Opebo. Beyond that, perhaps one day you might prioritize how you plan to hand out all of this money some of which will be mine, assuming that the size of the money pot is not of unlimited size, i.e.  constrained by you guessed it - scarcity. Sometimes we are not only free to choose, but constrained to do so.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 05:35:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ya, Germany wastes a ton of money allowing kids to keep baked for years on end in second rate institutions bearing the moniker "universities." No thanks, Opebo. Beyond that, perhaps one day you might prioritize how you plan to hand out all of this money some of which will be mine, assuming that the size of the money pot is not of unlimited size, i.e.  constrained by you guessed it - scarcity. Sometimes we are not only free to choose, but constrained to do so.

The children of the owners keep baked for years, Torie.  It is up to you to enforce/sell politically the double standard.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 05:37:05 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2009, 05:39:38 PM by Torie »

lol Opebo. The trick I guess  is to manage to stay baked in the endless summer camp while honing the skills to prey on the poor as skillfully as one's parents did. It is always a pleasure chatting with you. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »

The idea that everyone can or should go to college is completely impracticable. There simply aren't enough jobs for everyone after they graduate that will compensate them enough that they can afford it. Before this discovered, trillions are going to be wasted by individuals and the government.

Totally agree.  That and not all jobs require a college degree (plumbing, electrician, etc...)

Why the devil should one's 'job' have anything to do with a college degree?  The degree should be for one's personal edification - better thinking ability, more intellectual wherewithall to enjoy life.  It is unconscionable that anyone should propose to deny a college education to someone just because he will be a plumber or an electrician.

I never said that future plumbers/electricians should be denied college.  I simply said that if somebody wants to go into plumbing and doesn't want to go to college, that they shouldn't be looked down on by society like they often are.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies