Schwartzenegger vs. Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Schwartzenegger vs. Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who wins?
(D-IL) Pres. Barack Obama

(R-CA) Frm. Gov. Arnold Schwartzenegger

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Schwartzenegger vs. Obama  (Read 5430 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »

what the

Huh
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:20 AM »

Oh, just give him Minnesota while you're at it, Naso. After all, that's where Jingle All The Way was filmed!

I love how of all the possible Arnold films to name: TERMINATOR, RED HEAT, COMMANDO, ECT...he chooses the 1996 family friendly PG rated Christmas Film.

Phil, you're a disaster.

I used it as a lame excuse to give Arnold the state of Minnesota since you had it going for Obama.  Tongue
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »

Oh, just give him Minnesota while you're at it, Naso. After all, that's where Jingle All The Way was filmed!

I love how of all the possible Arnold films to name: TERMINATOR, RED HEAT, COMMANDO, ECT...he chooses the 1996 family friendly PG rated Christmas Film.

Phil, you're a disaster.

I used it as a lame excuse to give Arnold the state of Minnesota since you had it going for Obama.  Tongue

Phil....you're still a disaster.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »

Obama wins and I would also vote for Obama in this matchup.

But if Austria was a state of the US, I'd be not so sure. Arnold is rather popular here and there are more "ns out" graffitis than Black people in Vienna. Coupled with the recent rise of the Far-Right here and the general xenophobia of Austrians, Obama would have a tough time winning my country ...

I'd really like to see a poll of Obama vs. Schwarzenegger now ... Smiley

I was under the impression that Graz even re-named Schwarzenegger stadium after it turned out that he was for the death penalty.  Is he really that popular?  I'm just curious.

Yes, the City Greens submitted an application to rename the Stadium after Schwarzenegger executed Tookie Williams in 2005. The measure was backed by the City SPÖ and KPÖ. These 3 parties had a majority in the city council back in 2005. But then Schwarzenegger revoked the City of Graz the use of his name and the measure was never voted on. The ÖVP mayor, the FPÖ and BZÖ were against. The Stadium is now named "UPC-Arena".

In the last few years however, Austria made a hard turn to the Right, as evidenced in the Sept. 2008 Parliamentary Elections. The leftist actions of Greens, KPÖ and SPÖ in a City Council should not be associated with the mood of the regular Austrian population. Austrians are generally against the death penalty - yes - but even Obama supports it, even against child rapists. But Schwarzenegger is still popular with the overall population, mainly because of his success in the US and environmental policies. The last Austrian poll I saw had Schwarzenegger with a higher popularity than the Pope, and that means something in a country with 70% Catholics ... Wink

Take a look at this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62397.0

Arnold would be the only Republican though who could take on Obama here because Democrats are generally trusted more than Republicans ...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »

Obama wins and I would also vote for Obama in this matchup.

But if Austria was a state of the US, I'd be not so sure. Arnold is rather popular here and there are more "ns out" graffitis than Black people in Vienna. Coupled with the recent rise of the Far-Right here and the general xenophobia of Austrians, Obama would have a tough time winning my country ...

I'd really like to see a poll of Obama vs. Schwarzenegger now ... Smiley

I was under the impression that Graz even re-named Schwarzenegger stadium after it turned out that he was for the death penalty.  Is he really that popular?  I'm just curious.

Yes, the City Greens submitted an application to rename the Stadium after Schwarzenegger executed Tookie Williams in 2005. The measure was backed by the City SPÖ and KPÖ. These 3 parties had a majority in the city council back in 2005. But then Schwarzenegger revoked the City of Graz the use of his name and the measure was never voted on. The ÖVP mayor, the FPÖ and BZÖ were against. The Stadium is now named "UPC-Arena".

In the last few years however, Austria made a hard turn to the Right, as evidenced in the Sept. 2008 Parliamentary Elections. The leftist actions of Greens, KPÖ and SPÖ in a City Council should not be associated with the mood of the regular Austrian population. Austrians are generally against the death penalty - yes - but even Obama supports it, even against child rapists. But Schwarzenegger is still popular with the overall population, mainly because of his success in the US and environmental policies. The last Austrian poll I saw had Schwarzenegger with a higher popularity than the Pope, and that means something in a country with 70% Catholics ... Wink

Take a look at this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=62397.0

Arnold would be the only Republican though who could take on Obama here because Democrats are generally trusted more than Republicans ...

I still remember vividly almost four years ago, when my father walked in the room and said to me, "Arnold said 'bye-bye, Tookie!" My reply was that he "terminated" him Wink
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:10:19 AM »

Arnold Schwarzenneger 0 EV 20% Popular Vote
Jim DeMint 30 EV 20% Popular Vote
Barack Obama 508 EV 60% Popular Vote

Orange represents the Newly formed Conservative Party

yes, of course.

You are joking, right??
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 03:25:49 AM »

lol you use that map for everything.

ignorant.

What map is that?

And Obama, ftr.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »

It's not letting me create a map now.
Schwartzenegger would win. The map would like like the 2004 one, except Michigan, California, and Oregon would go Republican.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2009, 03:16:29 PM by pbrower2a »

A third-party candidate runs, picks up a big chunk of the South; splits the white vote in Mississippi, which ends up voting for Obama because of the large black minority. The Southern white population won't vote for anything "exotic".

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »

I can't think of a single state that I'm sure that Arnold wouldn't get his ass kicked in.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 02:39:11 PM »

It depends. Does Arnold successfully label Obama as a girly man?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 10:03:03 AM »

It depends. Does Arnold successfully label Obama as a girly man?

That backfires with women.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies