Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:09:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] Print
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 12745 times)
Spamage
spamage
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »
Ignore

My hands are clean, except for the greyscale all over them Wink

Good game all!
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 01, 2014, 05:02:26 pm »
Ignore

I had a part in Tywin's death.  It's not certain whether my plot or another succeeded (or unwittingly aided each other)...but my plot was a last ditch attempt to prevent Tywin--I preferred keeping tywin, robb/starks alive...only wanted to defeat/kill the magic users as Varys--from taking Daenys out (my intel had Tywin moving against Daenys).  Sadly, there was nothing I could do for her at that point.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Spamage
spamage
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 01, 2014, 05:08:21 pm »
Ignore

My initial plans were to set up Steffon in the Stormlands and name his a Tyrell, give Garlan the Westerlands, and see Loras given the Riverlands. I was getting close too, especially in the Westerlands, with my raids on Lannisport. The Tyrells would've then been the best House in the game Tongue
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 01, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
Ignore

I really wanted Littlefinger dead (that's more based on my view of the relationship between the two characters on tv and in the books)...I also wanted the Red Priestess to be kaput...magic and all.  My only other real attempt as varys was to kill renly and blame it on Stannis to sow discontent in the Stag ranks but that didn't work at all.  When everyone went after Euron (which was extremely predictable), I had my birdies steal the horn.  Which ended up in Daemon's hands.  A tad too late for the prospect of having all three dragons

As varys I believed that the Starks had to be brought into the fold for any pro-dragon resolution...personally I'm sympathetic to their cause (who couldn't be).  Tywin/X was the most crafty player...manipulated me once (a good lesson)...I was hoping some global resolution with Danys, Dorne, Stark, and the Lions could be worked out, but when everyone basically decided she was the biggest threat, there was no hope.

In my view I was a pretty straight shooter the whole game.  Certainly as much as one could be and keep one's head. 

As both characters I wanted to restore order and try to get most things to status quo ante, save change in realm rulers.  True status quo ante was impossible by the time Daemon rolled around.  So a new order was necessary.  I would have liked slightly more power in King's Landing, but I didn't have many cards.  Still not a bad result from a "bastard"-line.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Speaker Dereich
Dereich
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 01, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »
Ignore

I was excited to start as Lysa Arryn; the Vale was right next to the action, known for its high quality soldiers and completely free to choose whichever alliance it wants. Very early on I made a deal with Stannis to marry Shireen and Robert and to make Lysa Lady Paramount of the Riverlands, which would work if the other two candidates, Edmure and Catelyn were rebels. He was planning to murder Renly at the first possible opportunity, so it all looked like it would work out great. After that I waited around, building my strength and pretended I was open to an alliance with Robb or Tywin. After Daenarys landed and Oakvale starting becoming inactive I started trying to make deals with any party I could think of in his name to try to keep the cause alive. It was right about then when I'd started my march south that Stannis died and I realized I had no backup plan.

The Lannisters were down to half an army and X!Tywin was less trustworthy than book!Littlefinger, so I couldn't side with them, the Starks had nothing to offer except a (politically worthless) marriage to Sansa and Renly never communicated with me whatsoever.
So at that point I joined up with Daenarys and was minutes from sending in an order to crush Tywin when Robb sent me a secret plan to sneak attack the Daenarys-affiliated Tyrells. It was waaay too good to pass up what looked like an easy betrayal that would end the war in one battle, so I doomed myself by attacking the Starks. Until that moment I intended to completely ignore them the whole game through and let some other army of whoever I was working with deal with them if I couldn't reconcile both sides; if I had resisted that one temptation I think I might have made it through the game keeping one of the craziest people in Westeros in power.

Mance was very unsatisfying. Once I chose him and looked at my options it basically came down to a) face the united armies of Westeros and be slaughtered or b) make peace with Robb and keep it. I kept the peace, but other than a little bit of drama with Bolton there was never much to do.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:13:33 pm by Speaker Dereich »Logged
SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 01, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »
Ignore

My initial plans were to set up Steffon in the Stormlands and name his a Tyrell, give Garlan the Westerlands, and see Loras given the Riverlands. I was getting close too, especially in the Westerlands, with my raids on Lannisport. The Tyrells would've then been the best House in the game Tongue

Oh yeah, I should probably come clean about that. Besides sacking Highgarden in my first incarnation, Baelish may have had a hand in convincing Baelor Hightower to rise up and overthrow the Tyrells. Sorry Spamage Tongue

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: Today at 04:35:19 am »
Ignore

The Lannisters were down to half an army and X!Tywin was less trustworthy than book!Littlefinger, so I couldn't side with them, the Starks had nothing to offer except a (politically worthless) marriage to Sansa and Renly never communicated with me whatsoever.

I could have offered you the Vale's independence - as I eventually did after Royce too over. In fact, I was planning to tell you about that possibility right after we crushed the Tyrells. I really thought we had too many interests in common to fight each other, but meh, I guess you taught me a good lesson. Wink

Also, my favorite moment in the entire game was getting my revenge against you. I was genuinely ecstatic when I read the POV with LF sending you fly. Cheesy

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout