President Forever results thread...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 130
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 877147 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2575 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »

That's a pretty masturbatory result... for you Tongue 

Wink

DC was a shame though.

In all honestly, I've gotten kind of tired of President Forever. The new version is way too complex and the old version is way too easy (unless you're playing as someone like Michele Bachmann). I think I need some better scenarios.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2576 on: June 10, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »

I like Hagrid's formatting, I think I'll utilize here!

1980 scenario which I edited slightly (added Biden as a character).

1980 (Nagas's Edit)

Former President Gerald Ford (R-MI)
159 Electoral Votes
46.5% (37,841,948)

Senator Joe Biden (D-DE)
379 Electoral Votes
48.9% (39,822,969,)
Representative John Anderson (R-IL)
0 Electoral Votes
4.6% (3,753,002)

Turned Kennedy/Carter off in the primaries and turned Carey, Proxmire, and Brown on. Biden led most of the time after victory in Iowa and New Hampshire, but Proxmire's endorsement of Carey in May made things dicey. Ford upset Reagan at the end of the primaries by winning California and attaining a bare majority. Ford led for most of the race, but Biden slowly closed the gap. On election night, many key battleground states (Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania) leaned toward Ford, with Pennsylvania being called for Ford early in the night. However, the margins reversed and I ended up carrying every battleground state and then some (South Carolina, Texas).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2577 on: June 20, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)-410 EV, 53.8% of the popular vote.
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)/Governor Mark Sanford (R-SC)-128 EV, 41.8% of the popular vote.
Mr. Chuck Baldwin (C-FL)/Mr. Darrell Castle (C-TE)-3.6% of the popular vote.
Mrs. Mary Ruwart (L-TX)/Mr. Wayne Root (L-NV)-0.8% of the popular vote.

Played Hilldawg through the primaries, crushed everyone by April. The results are pretty strange, seeing as the polls were tight until the last few weeks.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2578 on: June 22, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)-410 EV, 53.8% of the popular vote.
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)/Governor Mark Sanford (R-SC)-128 EV, 41.8% of the popular vote.

Played Hilldawg through the primaries, crushed everyone by April. The results are pretty strange, seeing as the polls were tight until the last few weeks.

How do you win Utah and Wyoming and loose Colorado by a strong margin?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2579 on: June 23, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

How do you win Utah and Wyoming and loose Colorado by a strong margin?
Your guess is as good as mine Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2580 on: June 24, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »

Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Governor Susana Martinez (R-NM)-292 EV, 47.7% of the popular vote.
President Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Secretary of State Joe Biden (D-DE)-246 EV, 50.6% of the popular vote.
Mr. Chuck Baldwin (C-MT)/Mr. Darrell Castle (C-TE)-1.2% of the popular vote.
Mr. Wayne Root (L-NV)/Mr. Lance Brown (L-CA)-0.6% of the popular vote.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2581 on: June 30, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »

1972, I'm Wallace. Ran in the primaries and carried Iowa and New Hampshire somehow. It was a 3 way fight between myself, McGovern, and Muskie from that point on. Eventually I got McGovern to withdraw and offered Muskie my Vice Presidential slot, heading into the GE I was only ahead in the South.

Following several large scandals against Nixon, which I had researched in the Summer, I slowly climbed in the polls before releasing a large ad campaign which boosted by momentum and destroyed Nixon's.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2582 on: July 07, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »

Senator John McCain (R-AZ)/ Professor Condoleezza Rice (R-AL)-425 EV, 53.6% of the popular vote.
Vice President Al Gore (D-TE)/Governor Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH)-113 EV, 40.0% of the popular vote.
Mr. Ralph Nader (G-CT)/Mrs. Winona LaDuke (G-MN)-4.2% of the popular vote.
Mr. Pat Buchanan (RF-DC)/Congressman Virgil Goode (RF-VA)-2.3% of the popular vote.

And I thought I was lucky to have won Iowa over Bush at the start Tongue.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2583 on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »

President Ross Perot (F-TX)/Senator John McCain (R-AZ) - 36.6%, 335 EV's
Governor Pete Wilson (R-CA)/Congressman Jack Kemp (R-NY) - 37.4%, 200 EV's
Senator Paul Wellstone (D-MN)/Senator Daniel P. Monyihan (D-NY) - 26.0%, 3 EV's

I played as Pete Wilson, who after New Hampshire, cruised through the primaries. Through most of the election, Wilson seemed to cruise through the general, but Perot had a strong late showing, with Jerry Brown speaking in favor of him in the news and such, giving him the late boost that he needed. Wellstone's campaign completely fell off the radar after the first two weeks of the general election campaign. In retrospect, maybe I should've had a campaign alliance with the Wellstone campaign earlier, as to hold Perot back for those final couple of weeks.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2584 on: July 07, 2013, 10:40:56 PM »

What moron put John McCain as a possible running mate for Perot?  They have pretty much completely opposite ideologies and what's more hate each other (because of the Vietnam POW issue).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2585 on: July 07, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »

What moron put John McCain as a possible running mate for Perot?  They have pretty much completely opposite ideologies and what's more hate each other (because of the Vietnam POW issue).

The list for Perot running mates is pretty damn ridiculous, I agree, just decided McCain would be a fun one.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2586 on: July 10, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »

1976: The Year of Jerry Brown

Governor Jerry Brown (D-CA)/Senator Birch Bayh (D-IN) - 51.9%, 431 EV's
Former Governor Ronald Reagan (R-CA)/Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC) - 45.8%, 108 EV's
Former Senator Eugene McCarthy (I-MN)/Bunch of Other People (I-Oth) - 2.3%, 0 EV's

One of the funner and stranger maps I've seen. Reagan pulled a lot of generic Republican states for the time, but he also managed to pull some great states that Republicans don't usually win. I played as Jerry Brown, who started in a tie but led for most of the race, but with McCarthy siding with Reagan, there was a bunch of scandals toward the end and Reagan started to pull up in the numbers. I wanted to test to see how McCarthy dropping out and endorsing Reagan would look, and here's that map...

Governor Jerry Brown (D-CA)/Senator Birch Bayh (D-IN) - 51.9%, 310 EV's
Former Governor Ronald Reagan (R-CA)/Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC) - 48.1%, 228 EV's

It's clear that McCarthy, who attacked Brown way more than he attacked Reagan, was actually a harm to the Reagan campaign.
Cappuccino
Rookie

« Reply #2587 on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:21 PM »

2016: Clinton Landslide

Secretary Hilary Clinton (D-AR)
379 Electoral Votes
51.9% (67,122,901)

Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
159 Electoral Votes
46.3% (59,880,352)

I didn't play primaries for this one, and instead picked two of the most likely nominees for each party, those being Hillary Clinton (with Mark Warner as running mate) and Marco Rubio (with Kelly Ayotte). The race was extremely close for most of the campaign through September and October, with Rubio winning the first debate but Clinton taking the next two; Warner lost the VP Debate. However in the final two weeks of the campaign Clinton started surging off the back of her debate wins and a massive campaigning sweep across the nation's swing states concentrated across a few days. For those final weeks Clinton never had momentum lower than +5, and had days at a time where she was sitting on +9 momentum. I was a bit disappointed that my efforts in the South hadn't paid off (though winning Rubio's home state was nice)- trying to utilise the Clintons' widespread appeal I spent a lot of time trying to chip away at normally 'safe' Republican states like Georgia, Arkansas and Tennessee. In the end I came close to winning all of those states but they ended up falling for Rubio.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2588 on: July 12, 2013, 11:48:37 PM »

30% Green - Nader 0-10%
40% Green - Nader 10-20%
50% Green - Nader 20-30%
60% Green - Nader 30% ->

I played as Ralph Nader in 2000, and won 7.2% of the Popular vote and no electors. However, here are top 10 the best Nader States...

D.C. - 55% Gore, 32% Nader, 13% McCain
Utah - 48% McCain, 26% Nader, 20% Gore
Vermont - 44% Gore, 28% McCain, 26% Nader
Montana - 46% McCain, 29% Gore, 21% Nader
Colorado - 39% Gore, 39% McCain, 20% Nader
Alaska - 48% McCain, 24% Gore, 18% Nader, 10% Buchanan
Massachusetts - 49% Gore, 33% McCain, 17% Nader
Hawaii - 48% Gore, 32% McCain, 16% Nader
Maine - 47% Gore, 37% McCain, 15% Nader
Connecticut - 53% Gore, 32% McCain, 14% Nader

Overall...

Vice President Al Gore (D-TN)/Senator John Kerry (D-MA) - 49%, 388 EV's
Senator John McCain (R-AZ)/Businessman Steve Forbes (R-NJ) - 42%, 150 EV's
Activist Ralph Nader (G-CT)/Activist Winona LaDuke (G-CA) - 7%, 0 EV's
Columnist Pat Buchanan (R-VA)/Activist Ezolza Foster (R-CA) - 2%, 0 EV's
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2589 on: July 13, 2013, 01:00:26 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2013, 01:52:05 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Running mates were Jeb Bush (R) and Bob Graham (D). This was the 2004 President McCain scenario.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2590 on: July 17, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »

Governor William Weld (R-MA)/ Governor Carrol Campbell Jr. (R-SC) - 47.7%, 367 EV's
Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT)/Minority Leader Dick Gephardt (D-MO) - 47.1%, 171 EV's
Governor Dick Lamm (Ref-CO)/Congressman Ed Zschau (Ref-CA) - 4.3%, 0 EV's
Others - 1%, 0 EV's

Decided to play just the final round, and the whole game I trailed Chris Dodd, though the momentum was clearly on my side. I played heavy for swing states and my number of states grew. Strangely, my strongest state was California, where I had gained a lead in the last week of the campaign. Not sure how I lost Oklahoma, though. Most states were within a point or two, so things got really tricky with some of the calling.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2591 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:47 PM »

1984: The Rise of Ernest Hollings

Senator Ernest Hollings (D-SC)/Senator John Glenn (D-OH) - 46.4%, 290 EV's
President Ronald Reagan (R-CA)/Vice President George H.W. Bush (R-TX) - 48.5%, 248 EV's
Former Congressman John Anderson (I-IL)/Former Governor Pat Lucey (I-WI) - 5%, 0 EV's

Won every state in the toss-up and then some after a level 9 scandal hit Ronald Reagan in the last week.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2592 on: July 27, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2013, 10:55:44 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

Senator Bob Kerrey (D-NE)/Senator Al Gore (D-TE)-381 EV, 40.8% of the popular vote.
President George Bush (R-TX)/Fmr. Secretary of State Al Haig (R-PA)-140 EV, 34.5% of the popular vote.
Ross Perot (I-TX)/Admiral James Stockdale (I-IL)-17 EV, 24.8% of the popular vote.

I was surprised with my win in SC, and almost won Alabama as well.
Tayya
Sweden

« Reply #2593 on: July 28, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »

The list for Perot running mates is pretty damn ridiculous, I agree, just decided McCain would be a fun one.

I created the scenario, and the list is based off advice from the creator of the timeline it's based on, MaskedPickle on the Alternate History forums. The whole Freedom Party is not very realistic at all, but it's quite fun.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2594 on: July 28, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

I created the scenario, and the list is based off advice from the creator of the timeline it's based on, MaskedPickle on the Alternate History forums. The whole Freedom Party is not very realistic at all, but it's quite fun.
Yeah, I thought the Freedom Party was a hodgepodge of political outcasts. I can't see Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, and Tim Penny all in one party.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2595 on: July 28, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »

Governor William Weld (R-MA)/Senator John McCain (R-AZ)-332 EV, 48.8% of the popular vote.
President Bob Kerrey (D-NE)/Vice President Al Gore (D-TE)-206 EV, 41.4% of the popular vote.
Mr. Donald Trump (RF-NY)/Mr. Pat Choate (RF-DC)-6.1% of the popular vote.
Mrs. Diane Beall Templin (C-CA)/Mr. Howard Phillips (C-VA)-1.3% of the popular vote.
Mr. Ralph Nader (G-CT)/Mrs. Winona LaDuke (G-MN)-1.3% of the popular vote.
Mr. Harry Browne (L-TE)/Mrs. Jo Jorgensen (L-SC)-1.1% of the popular vote.

Yeah, I did not run a good campaign this time Tongue.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2596 on: July 28, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »

Are we talking about "The Giant Sucking Sound"?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2597 on: July 28, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »

1996: Senator Biden crushes President Perot, Governor Campbell

Senator Joe Biden (D-DE)/Governor Ann Richards (D-TX) - 47%, 527 EV's
President Ross Perot (F-TX)/Senator Arlen Spector (R-PA) -  31%, 11 EV's
Governor Carrol Campbell (R-SC)/Senator Kit Bond (R-MO) - 22%, 0 EV's

Winning the nomination was the hardest part. I didn't win any primaries til a double sweep of Michigan and Ohio. After that, I put all my resources into winning Pennsylvania, and from there I won every state after North Carolina. My momentum allowed delegates from Wellstone and Gore to shift to me over Richards. In good will (and cause I wanted to win Texas), I put Richards, the second runner-up, as VP. 'I was surprised my strategy worked. After that, Biden led most of the way, with Perot having varying levels of momentum. Ultimately, Perot's momentum was too little, too late, and Perot only held the last three of the swing states.

A Giant Sucking Sound might be the funnest simulation.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2598 on: August 08, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »

I suck at this game.  I mean, I really suck at this game.  I've gone through every strategy in the book and I always end up losing badly whether the momentum is on my side or not.  Even when I'm leading in the polls on the last day, I lose.  The last game I played, however, came extremely close, with Idaho (!!!) deciding the election, and I only got there by playing as Richardson in the primary and purposely losing to Hillary by pressing the spacebar until it was over (a strategy which sometimes gives me an advantage at the start of the general election for some reason).  That said, I'm kind of proud at how close I came, so I decided to post the map anyway.

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)/Vice President Dick Cheney (R-WY) - 270 EVs
Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) 268 EVs
(I forget what the popular vote was, but Rudy was leading me by about 5% or so.)

What really pisses me off is that Florida was consistently in my column until the last week, when it turned white.  I flooded it with footsoldiers and released all four of my ads up to the last day and still lost.  The fact that Giuliani found a level 6 scandal on me and I could only find two level 3 scandals on him is probably what did it.

This game hates me.

Also, whoever designed it clearly knows little about state trends.  How in the hell did I carry Arkansas and Arizona, but lose Pennsylvania and Oregon!?

Anyway, unless I come by a guide that can help me guarantee or almost guarantee a win for once, I probably won't come back to this game for a while.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2599 on: August 09, 2013, 09:16:30 PM »

General Wesley Clark of Illinois/Senator Bob Graham of Florida - 53.4%, 450 EV's
President George W. Bush of Texas/Vice President Dick Cheney of Wyoming - 44.6%, 88 EV's
Others - 2.1%, 0 EV's

Wesley Clark, after ending the primaries and tying Bush, surged throughout the campaign to the top of the polls. The last couple of weeks, Clark led Bush by 8 points, heading into toss-ups of Kenucky, South Dakota, South Carolina, Lousiana. Clark won all swing states, and came close to a couple of state that Clark trailed by 10 in the day before (Oklahoma, Montana, Kansas).

I have to say, this is one of the more logical maps I've seen in a while.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies