President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:30:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 887525 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: July 04, 2012, 08:55:26 PM »

I once won as Bachmann. That was a fun one... didn't shift on any issues, either. Three really tight primary wins in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina gave me very little boost, so I had to resort to odd states here and there. It was a five man race between Cain, Gingrich, Romney, Perry, and me until the non-Romneys dropped out. Except the support would always unanimously break for someone else. It was very fun.

The general was easy.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »

2016: President Romney

President Mitt Romney (R-MA)
535 Electoral Votes
64.5% (81,467,977)

Governor Martin O'Malley (D-MD)
3 Electoral Votes
35.5% (44,863,238)

This one wasn't too difficult, as the Democrats had a really contentious primary. The main contenders were Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Deval Patrick (D-MA), and Martin O'Malley (D-MD). Playing as Romney, I had a primary challenger in Rand Paul (R-KY), but he presented pretty much no threat whatsoever. The Democratic primaries gave me a lot of time to organize my campaign, fundraise, and up my skills. There were some turns where I was making around $15,000,000 a week, so I was constantly running nationwide ads. "Miltary Intervention" was actually Romney most popular platform position, so by the spring, even moderately successful ads would still have an average power rating of about 9. I also took this opportunity to completely steamroll Hillary with negative ads, as I figured she'd probably be the most difficult candidate to beat. When the Democratic convention got underway, they still didn't have a nominee. Hillary was leading, but when Manchin withdrew, most of his delegates went to O'Malley. I was thrilled. From that point on, it was pretty easy. I don't think I once even paid a visit to conventional battleground states like Ohio or Florida. By the time September hit, I was campaigning for California, Vermont, Illinois, Maryland... it was fun.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:23 PM »

That's a pretty masturbatory result... for you Tongue 

Wink

DC was a shame though.

In all honestly, I've gotten kind of tired of President Forever. The new version is way too complex and the old version is way too easy (unless you're playing as someone like Michele Bachmann). I think I need some better scenarios.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies