Its official (warning: attn whoring)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:48:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Its official (warning: attn whoring)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Its official (warning: attn whoring)  (Read 2754 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:20:46 AM »

The background check and the physical came back just fine and I was officially extended the offer of a position as a CSR II at Oklahoma Natural Gas effective Thursday, January 1, 2009.  It will pay more than I thought to start.  I was expecting about $25,000, instead, it will pay $26,000.  That translates to around $13.00 an hour.  That's not spectacular pay, but its enough to support a single bachelor in Oklahoma City without a massive monthy bill amount.  I will be granted 3 floating holidays (immediately) and 15 days paid vacation (starting April 1, 2009).  I plan on using the first floating holiday on Tuesday, January 20 for obvious reasons.  I will be eligible to be matched in my 401K immediately.

The offer was extended on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 and I signed the new hire paperwork the same day.

This means that in just 19 1/2 hours by my clock, I will officially be a permanent employee.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 05:32:19 AM »

Congrats.

Nosy questions (hey, you wanted to be an attn whore Grin )What's that?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Why is that obvious? (Yeah, I know it's Messianic Inauguration Day, but...)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:09:28 AM »

Thank you!!

What's that?[/quote]

Customer Service Rep Level 2 (There are 3 levels before supervisor/team leader status.)  I'll have to stay a CSR II for one year minimum and then go up to CSR III and then from there, I can either go to CSR IV or Supervisor/Team leader after another year.  So, basically within about 3 years I could be a supervisor.

I started out as a Temp CSR.  CSR I's are mostly call center employees.  There are no CSR I's in my department (Customer Accounting).

Why is that obvious? (Yeah, I know it's Messianic Inauguration Day, but...)[/quote]

I voted for Barack Obama with great enthusiasm (he's not the Messiah) and even though I really like and respect President Bush, I will be so glad to see President Obama at the controls.

[/quote]
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:01:53 AM »

Good news bud!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »

Customer Service Rep Level 2 (There are 3 levels before supervisor/team leader status.)  I'll have to stay a CSR II for one year minimum and then go up to CSR III and then from there, I can either go to CSR IV or Supervisor/Team leader after another year.  So, basically within about 3 years I could be a supervisor.

I started out as a Temp CSR.  CSR I's are mostly call center employees.  There are no CSR I's in my department (Customer Accounting).[/quote]Got you (I think).

Why is that obvious? (Yeah, I know it's Messianic Inauguration Day, but...)[/quote]

I voted for Barack Obama with great enthusiasm (he's not the Messiah) and even though I really like and respect President Bush, I will be so glad to see President Obama at the controls.

[/quote]
Yeah, but why would you want to take a vacation for that. That was the part I didn't understand.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:09:12 PM »

Yeah, but why would you want to take a vacation for that. That was the part I didn't understand.

hahaha . . . well, I don't know about him, but I'm taking that day off just so I don't have to deal with a million drivers who don't know their way around the Metro area.  *laughs*
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »

I wonder if BushOklahoma has something similar to OCD. He not only needs to plan things out to minute details (as evidence by his "schedules" he's posted before) but he needs to explain minute and boring details in everything he posts too, as evidenced by his listing of his number of floating holidays and vacation days here.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

I wonder if BushOklahoma has something similar to OCD.
Don't people all, up to a point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »

I wonder if BushOklahoma has something similar to OCD. He not only needs to plan things out to minute details (as evidence by his "schedules" he's posted before) but he needs to explain minute and boring details in everything he posts too, as evidenced by his listing of his number of floating holidays and vacation days here.

As a matter of fact, I do have OCD.  Its a part of my Tourette's Syndrome which is a neurological disorder.  Along with the 'symptoms' you mention, I also cannot relax.  I have never known complete relaxation.  On top of that, I've got ADHD, although thats slowly getting better.

And, no, in case any one was wondering, I don't take any offense to that post.  Its a completely fair question and I welcome the opportunity to share a little bit of who I am and what makes me, me.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »

I wonder if BushOklahoma has something similar to OCD.
Don't people all, up to a point.

Very true.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »

I am ocd about timeing. I have to be on time or I flip out.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »

Congrats man! Smiley That sounds exciting.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 07:01:33 AM »

Its a part of my Tourette's Syndrome which is a neurological disorder.
As long as you haven't got the coprolalia variant of that... Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »

Its a part of my Tourette's Syndrome which is a neurological disorder.
As long as you haven't got the coprolalia variant of that... Smiley

No, I've always had the mild-moderate version of TS.  Some kids with Tourette's can curse up a storm, but mine never did that to me.  The thing with TS is that it actually gets better with age.  I'll be 27 in April and its really starting to come down in intensity.  I'll always have TS and may always have very mild symptoms, or 'tics', and I'll probably have to take the medicine the rest of my life for it, but its getting much, much better and has been doing so for the past 7 years.

Other than TS and the 'conditions' that go along with it (OCD, ADD/ADHD), I am perfectly normal and function as a normal 26-year-old man with just a couple tics and a little speech impediment thrown in there.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »

BTW, as of 12:00 am this morning, Central Time, I have officially taken off the 'temporary' label and put on the 'permanent' label.  I was being paid $11.50 an hour yesterday (December 31, 2008) and am now being paid $26,000 annual salary as of and including today (January 1, 2009)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »

Next step in my transition will occur Monday, January 12, 2009.  Up until now, I've been working 7:30-4:30, but starting Monday, I will be working 7-4.  It means I'll have to get up about 4:30 instead of 5:00, but I'll get home by 4:30 instead of 5:00.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 04:18:13 AM »

Next step in my transition will occur Monday, January 12, 2009.  Up until now, I've been working 7:30-4:30, but starting Monday, I will be working 7-4.  It means I'll have to get up about 4:30 instead of 5:00, but I'll get home by 4:30 instead of 5:00.

what time will you have lunch?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »

what time will you have lunch?

I'm hoping I can keep my break/lunch schedule the same to make the afternoon shorter.  Currently, the breaks are 9:30-9:50 and 2:30-2:50 and lunch is 11:30-12:30.  I bet I'll have to move everything up half an hour.  I'll find that out first thing Monday morning.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 05:47:01 PM »

Just out of interest...why do you have to get up 2.5 hours before you start work?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »

Just out of interest...why do you have to get up 2.5 hours before you start work?

First, I like to be at the office about 25 minutes before I start my shift so I can get my desk ready and get signed on and check my e-mails, and such.  So, that puts it at 6:35.  It takes me about 20 minutes to get there, so that's 6:15 (probably will leave at 6:10).  It takes me about 35 minutes in the bathroom showering, shaving, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed, so that's 5:35.  I like to spend 20 minutes in my Bible before I go to work as it helps me have a better day, so that's 5:15.  Give me about 30 minutes to watch the morning news and weather would be 4:45, then 15 minutes to get my eyes opened puts it at 4:30.  I can get up at 5:00 without trouble, as I would just cut out the news.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies