Does anyone on this forum support McAuliffe?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:17:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does anyone on this forum support McAuliffe?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support McAuliffe?  (Read 3661 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »

LOL.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 11:51:25 AM »

He's good with me.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

lol, walter
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »

"This, to me, is evidence that God exists."
                 --David Brooks, tonight on PBS, Newshour with Jim Lehrer, being asked by Judy Woodruff to comment on Mcauliffe's defeat in the Virginia primary.

Of course Mark Shields replies, "I'll defend Terry..." when asked the same question.  He goes on to talk about how it's hard to come national office (i.e., Party Chair) to state office (especially in a state that most East Coast talking heads largely regard as parochial and traditionalistic) so it's no surprise that McAuliffe lost.  Clever how he avoids any comment whatsoever about the man, his politics, his persona, or his campaign.

They mostly spun it as the latest statement against the Clinton legacy and all that. 

I have to admit that even I can recognize that Brook's statement was not only succinct, but also valid.  Whatever gods there may be certainly have done the Democrats of Virginia a favor.   

I guess the first time I ever heard of Terry was when I lived in california, just before me and 56% of my fellow californians were about to oust Gray Davis' sorry ass, and Mcauliffe comes on and talks him up.  Not only that, he brags about how he initially supported the idea of making sure there was no other big-name CA democrat on the ballot to replace Davis--Of course, closer to the recall they all changed their minds and started scrambling.  Dumbasses--anyway, I'm thinking, WTF?  It's one thing to be in the tank for Gray Davis (not that that's not reason enough), but this passing for logic?!  ah, suffice it to say that Mcauliffe is one of those names that doesn't give me warm fuzzies.  It's like Mao Zedong or Kim Jung Il, y'know?  Just like that, really.  Neither Mao nor Kim have ever done anything to me, and for all I know I'd probably like either of them if I met 'em,  but I didn't meet either of them.  At least not before I'd heard all about them.  So now I'm prejudiced.  And I just can't take any of them seriously as candidates.  They done too many people wrong.  And I've already heard about them even before I met them.  Same way with McAuliffe, I suppose.

Why do you like McAuliffe, anyway? 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies