Paradox Games Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:52:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Paradox Games Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Paradox Games Thread  (Read 18969 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »

Mods, I believe.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »

I know nothing about III, but in II you can do it with about five minutes of modding (or thirty seconds of downloading a scenario that already exists). It's probably easier in III but I dunno.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:04:45 AM »

Victoria is the greatest game ever. I just made a Canadian Empire on it Tongue

Consisting of OTL territory, Greenland, Alaska, West Africa and Namibia Smiley
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »

Probably cause it's the only one to not have any historical determinism.

I play it, but its my least favorite.

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »

Of Paradox Games, I play:

Europa Universalis
Europa Universalis II
Europa Universalis III : In Nomine
Crusader Kings
Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun
Victoria: Revolutions
Hearts of Iron
Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday Armageddon
Hearts of Iron 3
Europa Universalis: Rome
Diplomacy

I would love to play a multiplayer with people here on any of these games. Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 10:05:03 AM »

Exactly!  It's fantastic!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »

Could someone here give me a brief tutorial on how to use the different stuff on Hearts of Iron III?  For some reason, my in game tutorials crash the game, which I downloaded, so I don't have the manual.  I have downloaded all the patches, and they were no help.  The entire thing seems less intuitive than I figured it would be.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »

I play Victoria and For the Glory.  I have EUIII but I never really liked the 3D interface, or the exploration in the game.  Hearts of Iron II is just too limited for me.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

Suggestion for someone who has all four games: (only have EU III and Vicky here).

Play through all four games, mod each one to be like the previous one where it ended.  Take screenshots and put them here, with a clear plotline for us to follow.  Allow us to vote on big choices in EU III and Vicky, and accept suggestions from the board.  Don't worry about derailing history.  If the mighty Croatian Empire ends up ruling South America, roll with it.

If successful, it'd be the best thread in the history of this board, and quite possibly the forum.

This is a suggestion, not a request.  There is a colossal amount of work involved, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it, and I wouldn't blame you at all if you didn't want to either.  However, if there's someone here that does want to undertake this endeavor, he'd be quite popular indeed.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, something like this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2787274&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I think that someone like ilikeverin could pull it off.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »

Suggestion for someone who has all four games: (only have EU III and Vicky here).

Play through all four games, mod each one to be like the previous one where it ended.  Take screenshots and put them here, with a clear plotline for us to follow.  Allow us to vote on big choices in EU III and Vicky, and accept suggestions from the board.  Don't worry about derailing history.  If the mighty Croatian Empire ends up ruling South America, roll with it.

If successful, it'd be the best thread in the history of this board, and quite possibly the forum.

This is a suggestion, not a request.  There is a colossal amount of work involved, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it, and I wouldn't blame you at all if you didn't want to either.  However, if there's someone here that does want to undertake this endeavor, he'd be quite popular indeed.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2787274&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I think they have a program now, installed with Crusader Kings, that automatically does that for you.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »

I think they have a program now, installed with Crusader Kings, that automatically does that for you.

Actually, its part of the Victoria expansion pack.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 08:47:03 PM by ilikeverin »

I have all four that are portable from one to the next, but, sadly, no... my attention span is not sufficient enough to have even finished a full game of Crusader Kings, my favorite.  Plus, I really don't have that much free time.

It's also worth noting that pulling off such a feat on the hyperactive Paradox AAR forums has only been attempted rarely.  I'm not sure it's ever been pulled off, honestly.  Part of the problem is that the community is so splintered that it's hard to find someone who, say, would be just as happy sitting through a game of Crusader Kings as one of Hearts of Iron.

I've finished Victoria several times, but that's because it goes so darn fast!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »

I have all four that are portable from one to the next, but, sadly, no... my attention span is not sufficient enough to have even finished a full game of Crusader Kings, my favorite.  Plus, I really don't have that much free time.

It's also worth noting that pulling off such a feat on the hyperactive Paradox AAR forums has only been attempted rarely.  I'm not sure it's ever been pulled off, honestly.  Part of the problem is that the community is so splintered that it's hard to find someone who, say, would be just as happy sitting through a game of Crusader Kings as one of Hearts of Iron.

I've finished Victoria several times, but that's because it goes so darn fast!

Actually, now that I think of it, how about this: we have four different Atlasians pick the game they like best and play through it, then pass it off to the next.

The free time issue for me still remains, and I suspect I'd be drafted to play Crusader Kings (oh, woe is me! Grin), but if we started this summer it might be able to work.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 10:29:38 PM »

Mikado, you could do it. CK really just makes things ahistorical, and HoI only does one thing.

But ilikeverin's idea I like.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »

I don't have the money to get any of the games, though I have Rome as of now.  Is there any way that anyone knows to get a copy for free or use another person's code to get a copy 4 my comp?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 02:29:53 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2010, 02:39:22 AM by Flowers of Progress »

Mikado, you could do it. CK really just makes things ahistorical, and HoI only does one thing.

Xahar...um...I don't think you quite understand how long these games take.  Also, to be completely honest, I'm not that great at any of them.

PS:  Verin, you could do Crusader Kings as Iceland and barely lift a finger.  Cheesy  Damn interface, where are my territories?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 05:29:30 AM »

I have all of them, and I would do it, but I really really hardcore suck at all of them except Hearts of Iron 2.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »

Xahar...um...I don't think you quite understand how long these games take.  Also, to be completely honest, I'm not that great at any of them.

PS:  Verin, you could do Crusader Kings as Iceland and barely lift a finger.  Cheesy  Damn interface, where are my territories?

Unfortunately Iceland starts as a Republic and is thus not playable from 1066 Cry
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »

Damnit. I just spend hours reading this instead of doing school work. Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »

I've seen it done several times before on the Paradox AAR forums, verin.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 11:28:05 PM »

I've seen it done several times before on the Paradox AAR forums, verin.

Do you have examples?  I know I've seen it started a lot of times, but finished...

Then again, I suppose all the finished ones would end up in a HoI AAR forum, which I never look at.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »

I'm nearing the end of the EU3 part now. I'm looking forward to Vicky, but I'm dubious about the HOI2 quality, because, well, HOI/HOI2 sucked.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »

I'm nearing the end of the EU3 part now. I'm looking forward to Vicky, but I'm dubious about the HOI2 quality, because, well, HOI/HOI2 sucked.

HoI 2 did not suck. Especially with Doomsday and Armageddon added on.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2010, 02:49:37 AM »

I've actually spent the greater part of the week reading through this scenario and just finished. The poster, Wiz, made even the HOI parts awesome and suspenseful. I love the whole thing, especially how the Reichstag always messes everything up.

and Verin- I do distinctly remember at least one completed Byzantine mega-AAR, and vaguely recall several others (though I don't know if they finished). I'll go look through the Paradox HOI boards to see if I can find anything.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »

I've actually spent the greater part of the week reading through this scenario and just finished. The poster, Wiz, made even the HOI parts awesome and suspenseful. I love the whole thing, especially how the Reichstag always messes everything up.

and Verin- I do distinctly remember at least one completed Byzantine mega-AAR, and vaguely recall several others (though I don't know if they finished). I'll go look through the Paradox HOI boards to see if I can find anything.

Wiz is currently running a heavily modded version of Rome as Crete.  He's only a little way in, and his variant actually makes Rome an interesting game.  I never bought that one because it looked horrible.

His mod can be downloaded here:  http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=440660

Crete is here:  http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3257534

Crete isn't very far in yet, but the Cretins...er...Cretans in the Senate are very active.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies