Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:01:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
FFs

HPs

Mixed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?  (Read 9388 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 05:26:29 PM »

he got banned for calling someone Frenchie?

Please... that's the lamest reason I've ever heard.  I'm guessing it was probably something else.

I had a friend from British Columbia that pretty much referred to anybody that lived east of Manitoba as "Frenchie"... me, being none the wiser, never thought it to be a bannable offense.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 05:29:02 PM »

Why not call them Vendetta mods?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »

This can't be true. It just can't be. If it is, this place is the biggest joke ever. Yes, ever.

I mean...let's consider everything I've said about the "Frenchies..."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »

I'm guesssing that KotBP was actually banned because he couldn't spell (at all) and because he posted a picture of his(?) ass. That's still kind of messed up though, imo.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »

I think that certain people should be controlled and, if it takes the intervention of a moderator, then I think that is fine.  If a moderator began deleting the posts of anyone who disagreed with him or something like that, then I would be opposed.  However, trolls make coming here and sharing opinions more unpleasant.  I support the moderators in this instance as long as they don't abuse their power.

Rin-chan
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »

That would imply some sort of personal animosity or more specifically that one, or several, of us were personally attacked in some way by the persons in question. And that is not the case.

Hashemite: I never believed that it was acceptable for posters to violate the rules and get away with it because they contribute. Some of Xahar's posts may be sad to lose, but he needs to realize that what he did was wrong. It is quite clear that he hasn't yet.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

Fair enough. I just suggested it since it's well more badass than 'renegade' mods.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »

Fair enough. I just suggested it since it's well more badass than 'renegade' mods.

Oh. I have nothing against that then. Silent guardians, watchful protectors, etc, you take your pick.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »

That would imply some sort of personal animosity or more specifically that one, or several, of us were personally attacked in some way by the persons in question. And that is not the case.

Hashemite: I never believed that it was acceptable for posters to violate the rules and get away with it because they contribute. Some of Xahar's posts may be sad to lose, but he needs to realize that what he did was wrong. It is quite clear that he hasn't yet.

Welll, I've talked to Ben, and he accepts it. I'm not quite sure how I can show that in any other way.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »

Oh. I have nothing against that then. Silent guardians, watchful protectors, etc, you take your pick.

Dark Knights, eh?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 06:55:10 PM »

Dark Knights, eh?

I was going to build my hype slowly, you fool. Now you ruined it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 06:56:46 PM »

Welll, I've talked to Ben, and he accepts it. I'm not quite sure how I can show that in any other way.

Accepted, but not forgiven.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 07:03:29 PM »

Seriously?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »

Big time FF's. Keep up the good work

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

Seriously?

Well, yes. I do feel remorse.
Tyrion The Unbanned
Ogis24
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 07:22:30 PM »

Seriously?

Hmm, and you got me in trouble with Alcon, what next?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »

Seriously?

I meant more in the sense of do you seriously not know how to show it in another way? Like, saying "I do feel remorse" would be a decent first step. And talking to Ben and making him accepting something, whatever that is, does not enter into it in a clear way. Your behaviour towards this has gone from nonchalant to scared abuot getting banned. It may transgress into remorse or into a show of remorse to avoid punishment.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »

I aplogized to him via PM.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »

"I am not a Marxist."  -Karl Marx
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »

Please... that's the lamest reason I've ever heard.  I'm guessing it was probably something else.

I had a friend from British Columbia that pretty much referred to anybody that lived east of Manitoba as "Frenchie"... me, being none the wiser, never thought it to be a bannable offense.

Nobody got banned for calling anybody Frenchie. Please. Yes, Kotb called me Frenchie, but I'm sure that's not the reason of his banning. Kotb was a retarded troll who didn't contribute anything.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »

Nobody got banned for calling anybody Frenchie. Please. Yes, Kotb called me Frenchie, but I'm sure that's not the reason of his banning. Kotb was a retarded troll who didn't contribute anything.
Personally, I think it's best that Dave Leip is the only one with the power to ban somebody and I'm glad he keeps himself a cut above the drama.

This is all so freakin ridiculous.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »

FF, this used to be a nice place.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2009, 12:47:50 AM »

Just an overtolerant God.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2009, 01:05:52 AM »

sigh.  I wonder what psychological problems this guy has (not talking about Dave here).  What a pathetico
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2009, 07:17:20 AM by Eraserhead »

ogis really makes you appreciate classically trained trolls like Straha.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies