Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:09:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?
FFs

HPs

Mixed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Opinion of the renegade mods that are trying to wipe out the trolls?  (Read 9378 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »

sigh.  I wonder what psychological problems this guy has (not talking about Dave here).  What a pathetico

You're calling Sam a pathetico? Shocked
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2009, 07:18:30 AM »

ogis really makes you appreciate classically trained trolls like Straha.

Yep. Straha is a god among trolls.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2009, 07:55:44 AM »

he got banned for calling someone Frenchie?

Please... that's the lamest reason I've ever heard.  I'm guessing it was probably something else.

I had a friend from British Columbia that pretty much referred to anybody that lived east of Manitoba as "Frenchie"... me, being none the wiser, never thought it to be a bannable offense.

Nobody got banned for calling anybody Frenchie. Please. Yes, Kotb called me Frenchie, but I'm sure that's not the reason of his banning. Kotb was a retarded troll who didn't contribute anything.
Personally, I think it's best that Dave Leip is the only one with the power to ban somebody and I'm glad he keeps himself a cut above the drama.

This is all so freakin ridiculous.

Dave doesn't use that power well. He rarely bans anybody.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »

I'd like to surrender the title of renegade mod. I can, somewhat sadly, no longer claim any such title. The machine absorbed us all.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »

Was ogis actually banned?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »

I have unequivocally stated this to be the case. It is the case. It will remain the case.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »

How about Xahar and Cutie?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »

Evidently unbanned for the time being. Probably for the best anyway. After all, Ogis had a way of bringing out the worst in all of us.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »

sigh.  I wonder what psychological problems this guy has (not talking about Dave here).  What a pathetico

I couldn't come up with a better suffix to describe the troll.  Patheticette sounds too feminine
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2009, 10:57:36 PM »

I couldn't come up with a better suffix to describe the troll.  Patheticette sounds too feminine

Pathetico isn't a word - neither is patheticette.  Patetico is an Italian word which might mean what you're getting at, but as a musician I normally associate it with its musical definition, which means "with feeling".  I do a lot of things "with feeling", who doesn't?  Anyway, it certainly is not to be used in the noun context as you've done.

Since you spend so much time on the Internet, this forum especially, I thought you would look these things up.  Wink
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2009, 11:03:17 PM by Lunar »

Pathetico isn't a word - neither is patheticette.  Patetico is an Italian word which might mean what you're getting at, but as a musician I normally associate it with its musical definition, which means "with feeling".  I do a lot of things "with feeling", who doesn't?  Anyway, it certainly is not to be used in the noun context as you've done.

Since you spend so much time on the Internet, this forum especially, I thought you would look these things up.  Wink

I looked up multiple meanings for the word Jerk (and am responding to your message way too promptly than I should):

ass, idiot, imbecile, jackass, mooncalf, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, simple, simpleton, softhead, tomfool

btw: I'm on break, no school, no one is here, and my work load is light enough that I can browse the internet while at work.  Nintendo 64 doesn't captivate me as much as it once did.  Expect a 25-50% Lunar deficiency when his girlfriend comes back tomorrow from Hawaii.  BEWARE
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2009, 11:18:47 PM »

I looked up multiple meanings for the word Jerk (and am responding to your message way too promptly than I should):

ass, idiot, imbecile, jackass, mooncalf, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, simple, simpleton, softhead, tomfool

btw: I'm on break, no school, no one is here, and my work load is light enough that I can browse the internet while at work.  Nintendo 64 doesn't captivate me as much as it once did.  Expect a 25-50% Lunar deficiency when his girlfriend comes back tomorrow from Hawaii.  BEWARE

I like that one!
Rild
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »

HP

the thought police are deleting my posts all over the place

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:15 AM »

I like that one!

Mooncalf was a term formerly ascribed to the abortive fetus of a cow or other (farm animal), and also occasionally to that of a human.

The term arose from the formerly widespread belief, present in many European folk traditions, that such malformed creatures were the product of the sinister influence of the moon on fetal development.

AKA SAM SPADE
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 01:12:59 AM »

have fun...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 01:24:30 AM »

As a true American patriot and believer in the constitution, I am thoroughly disgusted at the strong armed fascist tactics the mods have employed to wipe out free speech and save grown men on this forum from having their precious feelings hurt.

People need to grow some balls.

A true believer in the Constitution would have realized that the First Amendment only applies to government restrictions on speech, and that the trolls have violated the Terms of Service that apply to this private establishment and that the owner of the site and his representatives have full authority to enforce those rules.  It's a shame that they haven't enforced those rules that aggressively in the past, and I'm very glad that they are finally cracking down.  Maybe you'll be next.  Watch yourself.  Smiley
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 01:26:15 AM »

As a true American patriot and believer in the constitution, I am thoroughly disgusted at the strong armed fascist tactics the mods have employed to wipe out free speech and save grown men on this forum from having their precious feelings hurt.

If I say you can come into my house on certain conditions (you don't call my wife a thunderc*nt), and you break those conditions by repeatedly calling my wife a thunderc*nt while we're having dinner, am I violating the Constitution if I ask you to leave?
Madhur
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -2.61

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2009, 01:28:31 AM »

THIS IS AMERICA
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »

I'd like to surrender the title of renegade mod. I can, somewhat sadly, no longer claim any such title. The machine absorbed us all.

But him beating all of you finally pushed Dave to action.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »

You know what's amazing? Just how much this latest batch of trolls just SUCK. Like no redeeming value or amusement whatsoever. Just annoying and worthless. It wasn't always like this. Hell I'd take even Robert Stark over any troll that's registered since the election.
Madhur
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »

I doubt he said anything useful even then
Madhur
Rookie

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »

ahhaahah
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:39 AM »

If I say you can come into my house on certain conditions (you don't call my wife a thunderc*nt), and you break those conditions by repeatedly calling my wife a thunderc*nt while we're having dinner, am I violating the Constitution if I ask you to leave?

FASCIST
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2009, 03:16:33 AM »

Clearly you don't know the definition of fascism.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2009, 07:41:10 AM »

But him beating all of you finally pushed Dave to action.

1. We were not beaten.
2. That was not what prompted action.
3. I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies