Anyone Else Hate Neighbors?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:05:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone Else Hate Neighbors?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone Else Hate Neighbors?  (Read 4469 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

So you may wonder why, over break, I am up at 9 in the morning (and actually more like 8am). Of course the answers is my next door neighbors.

Some background:
A few years back we looked at trimming a few hedges on the side of our backyard next to a small cement basketball court we have just for shooting around. In the process, we noticed that our neighbors had a very large tree hanging over the court, making it very hard to shoot from the left side, so we trimmed the branches after they bitched and moaned about how it was their tree. Of course, it was over our property and fully in our right to chop pieces down.

This morning, I wake up to the sound of a chainsaw. At first I thought nothing of it. I figured someone was doing some trimming work (not that this would make sense in the winter, but I digress). Finally I get up angrily and look out my window only to discover my neighbors have hired people to take the whole tree down. And they weren't even close to finished. My window is 20 feet from the tree and the noise is loud in here. No chance of going back to sleep. I am, needless to say, upset not only because they woke me, but also because how dare they bother us cutting it down when they end of removing it entirely (at my expense).

So anyone else with angry neighbor stories?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »

If anything, I'm the neighbor my neighbors hate.  I don't keep a very tidy lawn, but I'd never run a loud tool of any kind (or make any purposeful loud noise) before 10am.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

If anything, I'm the neighbor my neighbors hate.  I don't keep a very tidy lawn, but I'd never run a loud tool of any kind (or make any purposeful loud noise) before 10am.

Godamn it dead0, so YOU are my neighbor?Huh??
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »

My neighbor is black so I'm not allowed to hate him.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »

I have no neighbours Cheesy
Raoul
burkenelson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.87, S: -0.74

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

Back in high school the neighbor across the alley from my family and I hated our automatic driveway lights. He said they shined into his kitchen; whether or not this is true is irrelevant since we couldn't help it either way (the lights were automatic and in a fixed position). In retaliation he set up a number of very bright lights along his rooftop pointed directly into our kitchen and dining room, that would turn on whenever our automatic lights were activated. There they remain to this very day, though an uneasy truce has been made since the time he threatened to "knock all of [my] fcuking teeth out".

So yes, I definitely hate neighbors.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »

People directly across the street - best neighbors in the world.

People next to us - have 2 outside dogs that bark at EVERYTHING (a door opening or closing, i siren, a car, you name it) and they don't often clean up the poop, so during the summer, it smels

People on the other side of us - the kid (19 or 20) likes loud music.  They have 2 motorcycles that they often use late at night (midnight or later - when I am in bed, and that's pretty late normally).  They smoke and throw their cigarette butts on our lawn (either that or onto their own lawn and the wind blows them onto ours, but I doubt that).

Neighbors next to the ones across from us - the daughter's a whore (not an actual one - at least, there's no proof).  Their yard is a mess.  Their porch is a disaster (the mailman stopped delivering b/c it was unsafe, so they moved their mailbox to their driveway).  Their back yard looks like a junkyard.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »

The man who owns the condo upstairs from mine attempted to do some amateur plumbing work on the third floor yesterday morning.  Apparently, he had no idea where the house water main was, so after breaking a pipe and creating a cascading flood, we had to wait over an hour as water poured from the ceiling into one of my second floor bedrooms, into my first floor bathroom (through the exhaust vent opening), and into the basement.

Technically, though, I suppose he's not my "neighbor," just the landlord.  Still.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 04:32:40 PM »

Luckily we have no neighbors to the right of us or across the street. Across the street is a dense forest which is a pain in the ass to us (it blocks our Dish signal). To the right of us the House is abandoned. Behind us is nice old contruction contractor who farms on the side. He says he wants our house, if we move and the abandoned one (he wants to tear them down to extend his grazing field). He is friendly and helpfull. To the left of us is a very reclusive group of people who are related to our landlord and they love to tell her everything. Behind them is a group of sleezy drug users and we delight in using our burn barrel to "smoke them out" The smoke just hangs back there cause of the trees.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »

I have the best neighbors.  15 years and not a single problem.  And my next door neighbor is awesome...always looking out for us and helping whenever we might need it.

We really need a bigger house -- and someday we will have to move.  But the hardest part will be leaving our wonderful neighbors!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »

The commune across the street from me can be a little annoying.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:50:37 PM »

I live in an apartment and heard my neighbors the first night but never since.  Either we're really well-insulated, or I'm the black sheep of the building.

When my cat escaped, the neighbor across the hall spent an hour and a half looking for her just because I mentioned it had happened.  Then, she brought me a can of high-end catfood.

So, yeah, no complaints here...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »

I live in an apartment block, where I rarely see my next-door neighbors. I know those right across the corridor from us are in Florida from November to March, and other than that they're really nice. I think the people next door are two Francophone ladies. Said hello to them once, but that's all.

This apartment down the corridor has an obnoxious dog that barks each time I walk past.

There are some slightly bad neighbors in the block as a whole, including a mean old lady. But apart from that, the main demographic here is old people, who are nice.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »

Neighbors in my college dorm are Packers fans who banged on the wall every time the Packers made a play. But of course I got the last laugh most of the time Smiley
Daniel Z
Switzerland

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »

When I was 15 or so my parents hired one of our neighbors, who is a contractor to remodel our Kitchen. They spent a few days tearing up our kitchen then went on vacation for a month, so we were not able to use our kitchen for the month.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »

Neighbors in my college dorm are Packers fans who banged on the wall every time the Packers made a play. But of course I got the last laugh most of the time Smiley

My dorm neighbors are the same but with any football game or their sports video games. And one of them is a bitch and is always whining at his roommate. Fun to listen to.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

Growing up, my next door neighbors had a pigeon coop on top of their house.  And all the pigeon poop attracted rats, so everyone on the block was pissed.  But they were good people aside from that.  They're one of the reasons my family hates Sicilians, though. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »

They're one of the reasons my family hates Sicilians, though. 

Tongue
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »

You think it's a coincidence that Sicily looks like an annoying piece of toilet paper Italy is trying to shake off of her boot?  Or maybe she's just trying to punt it out of the Mediterranean?

Grin

All in fun cumpare, all in fun.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 08:51:53 PM »

Alto Adige! Valle d'Aosta!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »

You think it's a coincidence that Sicily looks like an annoying piece of toilet paper Italy is trying to shake off of her boot?  Or maybe she's just trying to punt it out of the Mediterranean?

Grin

All in fun cumpare, all in fun.

Or, in classical Italian tradition, it's just the soccer ball being kicked.  Smiley
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 10:41:45 PM »

The commune across the street from me can be a little annoying.

lol.. there's a commune of old lesbians down the road from us.  They have a main house and tiny little cabins where the couples sleep... and they have horses.

It's kinda unique, I guess.

I have a wide variety of neighbors... a redneck family, a trucker family, some college guys, and an old man who married a French Canadian.

Ironically, the college guys and the French Canadian are the best out of them.

The rednecks have dogs that like to come onto our property and dig holes and the trucker family and another neighbor have German shepherds that love to bark all the frickin time...

Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »

My neighbors are just.... weird....  I'm not angry at them, but they are just weird...

The people on the right side of me (while looking at my house), are hardly ever there.  If they are home, it's usually to have a huge party.  However, cars are always in and out of the driveway.  Not only that, but they're often different cars.  They have a lot of huge, very sick trees that they refuse to get rid of (like the town yells at the periodically).  Instead of using a fire starter to start their grill, they pour gasoline on it so flames are shooting up everywhere.  The grill is less than 3 feet from the house, probably closer.  I saw the husband turn their lawnmower (which they hardly use) completely upside down.  Before the 2004 election, the husband was running up and down the street at 11 o'clock at night with a megaphone shouting, "Vote for John Kerry!!!".  His wife and my dad told him to shut up, though lol  Also, they have an American Flag in their front yard all the time without a light on it, which is illegal.  I think my dad reported them to the appropriate people, but I'm not sure if they fixed it.

The people on the left side of me haven't worked for several years now.  The woman (it's an unmarried man and woman) was a teacher, but was fired for some reason.  She held some science camp on her rotting back porch this summer for children.  They have no garbage pick up.  At all.  I don't know where it goes.  They didn't have recycling for a little while either, but now they do.  The man has an old VW Beetle in his driveway which can't run anymore because it's totally rusted out.  He hasn't driven it since he put it in the driveway, which saddens me because it's my favorite kind of car.  It's also illegal in our area to have an car just sit in a driveway like that.  They also run a co-op out of their garage, which regardless of it's legality.... I wouldn't ever buy anything from them...

Ugh.  So, weird...

Rin-chan
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »

We've literally never had problems with our neighbors in almost 15 years of living in our house. I'd even wager that if anything our house is the problem because of parties, using the pool past midnight, driving in the driveway at 3 AM, etc.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies