AK: Dittman Research: Murkowski 57%, Palin 33% in GOP primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:05:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  AK: Dittman Research: Murkowski 57%, Palin 33% in GOP primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK: Dittman Research: Murkowski 57%, Palin 33% in GOP primary  (Read 4310 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:22:46 PM »

link:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/murkowski-leads-palin-in-new-poll-2009-01-06.html

Alaska 2010 Senate GOP primary:

Murkowski 57%
Palin 33%

This is basically the mirror image of the Research 2000 poll from a few weeks ago.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:01:36 PM »

Ok, so not only is Palin trailing but she's getting absolutely demolished by a not so popular incumbent. Oh, and this is at the same time when Palin is still basically the Queen of Alaska (at least with Republicans). Right.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

LOL!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:54:05 PM »

She isn't going to run so whether the poll is accurate or not, it doesn't matter.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »

Wow how embarrassing.  I guess the Alaskans are not as dumb as I thought they were.  It would be funny if she isn't even re-elected in 2010.  I wonder if the Democrats have any capable candidates who can run against her.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »

Wow how embarrassing.  I guess the Alaskans are not as dumb as I thought they were.  It would be funny if she isn't even re-elected in 2010.  I wonder if the Democrats have any capable candidates who can run against her.

You can't be serious. You can't really believe this poll.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2009, 10:24:02 PM by Sam Spade »

This is Alaska.  The Dems have Tony Knowles.  Did I miss any others?

I want to caution people to be careful of both this poll and the R2000 poll, mainly because it is impossible to poll Alaska (in case we haven't learned our lesson).

Also a bit of information should be added through some research/knowledge of mine beyond The Hill article:

1. Dittman Research is an (R) firm.  It has polled for both Murkowski and Palin in the past.

2. Lost within the headlines is that this poll was paid for by Don Fagan and the Alaska Standard.  Don Fagan is well-known for not liking Palin, as the ADN article points out.

3. Also, the ADN article points out that 76 percent found Murkowski doing a "Quite Good" or "Very Good" job and lists Palin with a 60 percent "Quite Good" or "Very Good".

What does this mean if accurate?  Probably what Dittman says in the ADN article: "To me clearly it means that Alaskans like both of them and they like both of them right where they are."

Of course, that can change in two years - less likely since it's Alaska, but still....

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/136301
http://www.thealaskastandard.com/?q=node/232

Oh, and I'm willing to take bets as to whether Palin runs for Senate, because she won't. (like Eraserhead said)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 10:17:31 PM »

You can't be serious. You can't really believe this poll.

All polls tell us something, the explanation provided by Sam Spade does make sense though.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:32:33 PM »

Ok, so not only is Palin trailing but she's getting absolutely demolished by a not so popular incumbent. Oh, and this is at the same time when Palin is still basically the Queen of Alaska (at least with Republicans). Right.

well if the last election cycle taught us anything, it's that one shouldn't trust any poll coming out of Alaska. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Palin's popularity has suffered somewhat now that the price of oil has come down to reasonable levels.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies