Stay Warm
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Stay Warm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Stay Warm  (Read 2565 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »

I will continue to not break my streak and wear shorts despite sub 20 degree temperatures on Friday

No offense, DWTL....but the idea of always wearing shorts....is kind of disgusting.....Any particular reason why you do it?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »

I will continue to not break my streak and wear shorts despite sub 20 degree temperatures on Friday

No offense, DWTL....but the idea of always wearing shorts....is kind of disgusting.....Any particular reason why you do it?

Franzl, there can be only one reason why an adult male would parade himself about in public in short pants in the winter-time - the poor fellow has a small penis.

But speaking of the cold weather - it is soooo very cold here in Thailand.  Pretty much all of December and January has been only up to the mid to lower seventies during the day, and down around 50-60 degrees at night.  We're all bundled up in wool sweaters, coats, and scarves down here.  And I've been wearing socks and closed shoes every day!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 03:34:50 PM »

That is rough to have to endure temperatures in the 70's Opebo. In the Great OC, it has been over 80 for close to a week now as the high. So the pool heater went on for late night swims in the nude. And so it goes. Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »

Good estimate, that. Apparently it will be yet a tad colder tomorrow, or so I've heard.

According to a guy I know, it's apparently -52 (windchill) in Winnipeg today. Lol.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »

We have a windchill warning with windchills of down to -58˚F possible.  Today was absolutely brutal.  We had a high of -10˚F with a 10-20mph wind, so it felt colder than -40˚F all day.

Tonight we will drop to around -35˚F for an air temp, though -40˚F is possible if it stays calm.  Certainly some areas of Minnesota will see -50˚F in the usual frost hollows (Tower and Embarrass).

We will have a high of -10˚F tomorrow with winds from the WNW at 7 to 11mph creating wind chills to -55˚F.

By Sunday, however, it will be a "tropical" 25˚F.  Actually, 25˚F feels quite warm when you've dealt with temperatures like this.  You can actually go out with a light jacket and be quite comfortable.

Once you get below -20˚F, it doesn't initially feel any colder... the only way you can really tell it's colder is by how much faster you get chilled to the bone... oh, and it really stings when you breathe.. and after you've been outside for more than 5 minutes without your face covered... your whole face will hurt a lot when you come in.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

The comfort level is amazing, I spend most of my days at this time of the year indoors anyway, and the school is always trying to make it blistering hot.  This doesn't mean I don't wear long sleeves or a sweatshirt.  Also, my sensory disorder that makes me not feel the cold has a lot to do with it
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »

Thanks, but the warmth of the sub-tropical Brisbane summer the past three weeks has given me a new-found appreciation of ceiling fans.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »

-13 Fahrenheit here this morning.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »