Stress and weight loss
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Stress and weight loss
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stress and weight loss  (Read 790 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:20:21 AM »

My family has become a little nervous about me lately, because I've been under stress about my current Military studying and testing since the Summer. I want to get into the Military and be on my own...but you have to take exams and get scores, ect....and it is stressful. Plus, in late September/early October we moved in with my father's girlfriend and her two teenage kids.

I fully admit I am under stress. I have clearly lost weight over the last year...but my natural pale skin looks even more pale because I dyed my orange hair black. Mistake...I know...so I will be allowing it to go back to natural orange. I darkened it because I thought maybe women wouldn't find me attractive with my natural orange.

May 2008 (natural red hair)
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v291/78/55/503070060/n503070060_3080001_2197.jpg

Christmas 2008 (Dyed black hair)
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1687/78/55/503070060/n503070060_5197531_1533.jpg

I weight about 155-165 lbs...but I haven't checked in a while. 134-181 lbs is NORMAL WEIGHT for someone 5' 11 1/2" using the Body Mass Index. So, my BMI is normal, and I do not feel sick other than stress related symptoms due to the months of uncertainty regarding the Military, as well being cooped up in a basement room (refurnished, but still) and not getting outside as much.

Should I be worried, or should I just try to dis-stress as much as I can, go back to my original orange hair, eat healthier and more...and try to get outside more? The Military will be giving me a full physical, I'm getting new eyeglasses, and my braces are coming off and I'm sure I'll have dental work done.

The way I look at it, once all that is done and I'm on my own in the Military...the stress should go away and I will look a lot better and be back to my old self.

Thanks everyone
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:59 AM »

Those two photos are kind of hard to compare for a few reasons. So...

Take a look in the mirror and look at yourself - if you've lost weight, but you don't look overly thin, then you should be fine. The important thing is to make sure you're eating right. Don't skip meals, and eat a balanced diet.

Also consider your exercise routine. Have you been doing less than before due to study time? If so, you may have lost weight due to muscle loss.

As for the stress, take some time each day to wind down. Also make sure you're getting six to eight hours of sleep a day. It's good for your health, and if you're doing testing it's really important because sleep helps your memory.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »

Weight and BMI are antiquated and useless notions.  Body fat percentage is what matters.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »

i suffer from depression and keeping my weight up has been a struggle.  at my worst, i was down to 135 (im 6'2")

im slowing gaining back some weight.  thanks to anti-depressants and no more booze.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »

Step One: Return to red hair
Step Two: Make a cover of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up"
Step Three: Post on youtube
Step Four: success and happiness!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 03:12:57 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2009, 05:15:55 PM by Torie »

I am under the impression that the healthiest weight is one that from an aesthetic standpoint, leaves one looking slightly emaciated. My goal is to weigh about 185 maybe, and I am 6' 1.5". However, while 185 might be the most aesthetic weight (assuming adequate muscle mass), the healthiest for me might be about 170 or so.

I am down from about 225 to 202 since last September. I hope to be at 185 in three months. One key is to get enough exercise. I am going to a gym three times a week, and use a personal trainer two of those three times. I feel great!  Smiley

By the way, I think you look fine aesthetically, and prefer your dark hair look for whatever it is worth. Lean and wiry is the thing. Just ask the ladies.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »

Go to college, smoke pot, get laid, and relax.  Jesus christ man. 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

Go to college, smoke pot, get laid, and relax.  Jesus christ man. 

^^Well...excluding the pot advice (substituting drink beer)...I generally agree with this statement.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies