NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:33:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens!  (Read 45401 times)
Linus Van Pelt

« on: January 14, 2009, 09:18:22 PM »

I think Obama's best district was 57; McCain polled like 1% there.

I find this kind of surprising, since Crown Heights, infamously, has a few Hasidim of its own. I mean, I knew most of them left after the riots but if this is true they must be essentially all gone.

Don't know how the % black compare in the very black districts of NYC, but if there are other equally black districts a little less Obama, then the obvious lesson is that the West Indies vote was around 100% for Obama as opposed to his native black 95. Maybe they don't have the 1 in 20 evangelical nutters coming from the islands.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »

Well there you go. Now that I look at the map a little closer, the international HQ of Chabad Lubavitch on Atlantic Ave. is two and a half blocks east of this district's boundary, so maybe they're very concentrated right around the building in the next district over. (I mean, the ones in this area- obviously the main concentration is in Boro Park)

Anyway, cool map. Where are you getting the results from?
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 12:50:37 PM »

The mainstream non-Orthodox American Jewish population is very Democratic. The national exit poll, for instance, had (all) Jews at 78% Obama, the aggregate of state exit polls (which, it's worth noting, is a different and larger sample than the national one) had Obama at 76%, and Jewish respondents to the Gallup daily tracking in October were 74% Obama (77% if you redistribute the undecideds - source for all these at http://thesolomonproject.org/, the link under "headlines"). Meaning presumably that the not-all-that-religious were somewere in the 80's for Barack.

Does Pittsburgh have a lot of Italian areas? If so, the contrast between those and the NYC ones is perhaps more interesting, since I might guess (though I don't know at all) that they're more similar in non-political aspects.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

Still wondering about College Point. Is that a coloration error on Al's part?

I think this is the issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies