NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC - Map of results by Assembly District; now with added Queens!  (Read 45393 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: February 03, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »

Huh... I am actually really surprised that McCain carried any districts in Brooklyn.  He didn't even carry any in Pittsburgh (he lost one by a single vote).

Can someone explain?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »

It looks like Weiner won some of the blacker parts of Brooklyn

Why wouldn't Weiner be huge amongst blacks?

Because he's Jewish.

Franken had no problem winning the black parts of the Twin Cities (in both the primary and general).

Especially in the general, against his Jewish Republican opponent

And the primary against his non-Jewish Democratic opponent.

Wow.  Just wow.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »

Wow, this Dov Hikind guy sounds like a real fascist. Aside from his insane nationalism and racism he also spoke out against gay marriage and compared homosexuality to incest. I'd have to vote for the Conservative Party candidate as the most liberal candidate running. Pretty scary someone would have to make a vote like that in New York City.

I did a little research. Looks like he was one of those nuts who went on about the Passion of the Christ being anti-semitic...

From Wiki:

The Passion of the Christ
In 2003, Hikind and a group of supporters protested Mel Gibson's film The Passion of the Christ. He led about 50 Jewish leaders and supporters to the Fox News Corp. offices in Manhattan in a demonstration, chanting "The Passion is a lethal weapon against Jews."[6] Hikind was vocal in his anger against the movie, saying: "It will result in anti-Semitism and bigotry. It really takes us back to the Dark Ages ... the Inquisition, the Crusades, all for the so-called sin of the Crucifixion of Jesus." After a News Corp. spokesman announced that they had passed on the film, Hikind warned other movie companies that they too should not distribute the film.[7]

What an asshat. Yeah, remember all of that worldwide anti-Semitism as a result of the movie.  Roll Eyes

In defense of world-wide antisemitism, its not like they ever needed a reason before.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »

Huh... I am actually really surprised that McCain carried any districts in Brooklyn.  He didn't even carry any in Pittsburgh (he lost one by a single vote).

Can someone explain?

Someone has Tongue

Thanks, but even still.  I would expect McCain to poll well in those areas, but not win them.

I know they aren't exactly huge fans of the "schwarzers" there, but you would think if McCain could win there, he would have at least come close in an Upper Eastside District.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »

Can someone explain?

Someone has Tongue

Thanks, but even still.  I would expect McCain to poll well in those areas, but not win them.

I know they aren't exactly huge fans of the "schwarzers" there, but you would think if McCain could win there, he would have at least come close in an Upper Eastside District.

Really?  In this election, areas like those were practically complete antitheses of each other.

I know, but what I am saying is that I am just quite surprised that McCain got trounced in the parts where the Republicans should, in theory, be the strongest, while carrying working class NYC.  Like I said, I'm not totally shocked, but it just seems odd.  If McCain had a 40% showing anywhere in Brooklyn, I would have thought that pretty good.

Not to pull a BRTD, because I know the comparison isn't that close, but Obama trashed McCain in Squirrel Hill, which is Pittsburgh's Jewish neighborhood.  After what he said about us out here, I find it odd that McCain carried not a district in this city, while he didn't do half bad in New York.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »

Actually, when I said "district" I meant to say that McCain didn't even carry a single ward here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies