Should Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos be pardoned by Bush?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:44:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos be pardoned by Bush?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos be pardoned by Bush?
yes

no

Obama should do it

nobody should do it

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Should Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos be pardoned by Bush?  (Read 3102 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2009, 04:05:01 AM »

These are, for those that don't know/remember, the two border agents that shot a drug mule in the back a few years ago.  wiki link  Basic facts:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
and the trial
additional facts
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 04:20:34 PM »

Yes, they never should of been indited in the 1st place.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »

The victim was breaking an unjust law when he was shot, so no, they shouldn't be pardoned.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 02:23:58 AM »

The victim was breaking an unjust law when he was shot, so no, they shouldn't be pardoned.
^^^^^^^^^^
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 03:33:54 AM »

I have a very low opinion of people who would shoot someone running away in the back, so no.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 06:08:16 AM »

No, because I would really enjoy watching the right wing freaks' heads explode when it doesn't happen.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:40:13 AM »

No, because I would really enjoy watching the right wing freaks' heads explode when it doesn't happen.
Wonderful, leave innocent men in prison.  Hopefully they'll lock you up so we can watch lefties heads explode
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »

Wonderful, leave innocent men in prison.  Hopefully they'll lock you up so we can watch lefties heads explode
Innocent means not having committed the crimes they were accused of, DWTL. It doesn't mean committing crimes you agree with it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »

They should have been pardoned a year ago. This is the case of a greedy US attorney looking to make himself look good. This bastard gave this drug dealer immunity to come and testify against the agents and the SOB took advantage of the situation and was caught hauling drugs during the immunity. The US attorney did not tell this to the jury. The evidence presented looks fishy. Why would Compean and Ramos before going out that day say "Were going out to kill a Mexican." They are Mexican damn it. But Bush wont pardon these two men b/c the US atty Sutton is one of his closest friends and guess who appointed him. Bush.  How many kids die from the use of drugs every day. He may have been hauling marijuana that time but who says the previous load wasn't Cocaine, or Heroin or some other really deadly drug. Drug trafficing should be a capital crime cause these mother ers kill more Americans of all races then any war we have been in. Its a pity these agents didn't kill that Son of Bitch. Mexico is falling apart cause of the violence created by the drug cartels and it may spread across the border. So we should send a message, pardon or at least commute there sentences. They are going to have to spend the next 11 and 10 years of there lifes in solitary confinement cause they are afraid they will be killed in the general population. If one of them dies I say we do to Sutton and Bush whatever happened to him.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »

They should have been pardoned a year ago. This is the case of a greedy US attorney looking to make himself look good. This bastard gave this drug dealer immunity to come and testify against the agents and the SOB took advantage of the situation and was caught hauling drugs during the immunity. The US attorney did not tell this to the jury. The evidence presented looks fishy. Why would Compean and Ramos before going out that day say "Were going out to kill a Mexican." They are Mexican damn it. But Bush wont pardon these two men b/c the US atty Sutton is one of his closest friends and guess who appointed him. Bush.  How many kids die from the use of drugs every day. He may have been hauling marijuana that time but who says the previous load wasn't Cocaine, or Heroin or some other really deadly drug. Drug trafficing should be a capital crime cause these mother ers kill more Americans of all races then any war we have been in. Its a pity these agents didn't kill that Son of Bitch. Mexico is falling apart cause of the violence created by the drug cartels and it may spread across the border. So we should send a message, pardon or at least commute there sentences. They are going to have to spend the next 11 and 10 years of there lifes in solitary confinement cause they are afraid they will be killed in the general population. If one of them dies I say we do to Sutton and Bush whatever happened to him.

Not that I wish any harm in Priso for them, but they shouldn't be pardoned because of what could happen.  I don't have much sympathy for people who shoot an unarmed man in the back and wind up in jail for it, regardless if the person is a criminal or not.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »

The guy they shot was doing absolutely nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong whatsoever with selling or trafficking marijuana.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »

They should be pardoned as soon as possible.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 03:49:37 PM »

The guy they shot was doing absolutely nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong whatsoever with selling or trafficking marijuana.

How do you know thats all that was being smuggled? What if he hauled different types of drugs?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 02:39:16 PM »

Sentences commuted.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »

They will be released on March 20. Shouldn't have to wait two months, but it beats another 10 years.

Add something else to the list of things that Bush did not completely screw up (not to say he didn't screw up at all though). Still, it's probably a pretty short list.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »

good that seems like the best thing anyways ten years was excessive but they still did something wrong in my opinion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 04:13:15 PM »

good that seems like the best thing anyways ten years was excessive but they still did something wrong in my opinion.

They did something very wrong. How long do people usually spend in prison for shooting someone in the back?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

They did something very wrong. How long do people usually spend in prison for shooting someone in the back?

Much longer than what they served....
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:33:20 PM »

They shot an unarmed man in the back for trying to import and sell a perfectly harmless product and then cleaned up the shell casings to cover it up. Sounds pretty criminal to me.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »

They shot an unarmed man in the back for trying to import and sell a perfectly harmless product and then cleaned up the shell casings to cover it up. Sounds pretty criminal to me.

I think that is something that gets missed in this whole argument.  If they honestly thought they were justified in shooting the guy don't you think they would have called it in and not picked up the shell casings in order to tamper with the evidence?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:34 PM »

Very disappointing but expected news regarding the thugs in question.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »

are they convicted felons who will never be able to serve in law enforcement or even own guns? because i think thats good enough punishment as they are unlikely to be a risk to society and yes in my opinion the drug runner shouldn't be in jail for running drugs.
i happen to think making them to pay damages for injuries caused would have been a better thing to do then throwing them in jail.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 12:19:47 AM »

Absolutely yes.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »

No. Not only did the shoot an unarmed man, they tampered with evidence, curiously left out of the OP.

Quote from: Restricted
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 01:47:36 AM »

No. Not only did the shoot an unarmed man, they tampered with evidence, curiously left out of the OP.

Quote from: Restricted

If that's true, then I'd say no.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies