is this the very definition of "epic fail"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:58:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  is this the very definition of "epic fail"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: is this the very definition of "epic fail"?  (Read 3743 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

Except he can't give a valid reason as to why his opinions changed. The only explanation is his synthetic "moderate" views and his "I'm sick of hearing about it" explanation hardly covers it.

Also if anyone remember constine in his first few months, he was a standard brainless Dem hack, didn't post much ideological, just Dem hackish stuff. A lot got annoyed with him and attacked him over it, and then when's the whole Southern Blue Dog obsession and the Moderate Hero stuff began. Those posts were made back in his Dem hack phase. The timing of the transition adds more evidence. Apparentely constine thought that by manufacturing a synthetic moderate persona he could become very well respected (LOL).
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »

OMG LOL YOU CAUGHT HIM LOL LOL LOL
perdedor

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »

I wonder what he found that gives the results of the 2000 election legitimacy in his view. As far as I know, nothing new has surfaced in regards to that election since 2001.

The fact that I'm sick of people complaining about 2000.  Bush is out of office now; let it go.

...and this legitimizes the election? That's a rather odd train of thought you have there.

No, but I just like pissing people off who still complain about it.

So, misrepresenting your position is worth aggravating people that agree with your genuine opinion? (assuming that you have one).
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 05:54:55 AM »

I wonder what he found that gives the results of the 2000 election legitimacy in his view. As far as I know, nothing new has surfaced in regards to that election since 2001.

The fact that I'm sick of people complaining about 2000.  Bush is out of office now; let it go.

...and this legitimizes the election? That's a rather odd train of thought you have there.

No, but I just like pissing people off who still complain about it.

So, misrepresenting your position is worth aggravating people that agree with your genuine opinion? (assuming that you have one).

That seems to be a bold assumption.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 06:25:21 AM »

It was just as bold when it wasn't bolded.

(I think I try too hard sometimes)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 07:55:25 AM »

Is this meant to be a surprise?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »

Here's another incident of ben doing the exact same thing:

Mr. Constine, you entered the poll with the wrong date.  you are supposed to enter the date which the poll was completed, not today's date.  I have since edited your poll and I am scared that you are well on your way to making the same mistake with the Senate component of this poll - I have already entered it under the correct date, so there's a great chance you...

just don't add polls plz thanks

Jesus, I made 1 mistake.  Most of the polls I enter are perfectly correct.

no, that's actually the only other Virginia poll that you entered.  (yes, I went back and checked every single one).  I'm really not sure why you felt the need to lie about this, especially when your claim was so easily falsifiable.

maybe now you can understand how everyone knows that all of your 'positions' are synthetic.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »

Here's another incident of ben doing the exact same thing:

Mr. Constine, you entered the poll with the wrong date.  you are supposed to enter the date which the poll was completed, not today's date.  I have since edited your poll and I am scared that you are well on your way to making the same mistake with the Senate component of this poll - I have already entered it under the correct date, so there's a great chance you...

just don't add polls plz thanks

Jesus, I made 1 mistake.  Most of the polls I enter are perfectly correct.

no, that's actually the only other Virginia poll that you entered.  (yes, I went back and checked every single one).  I'm really not sure why you felt the need to lie about this, especially when your claim was so easily falsifiable.

maybe now you can understand how everyone knows that all of your 'positions' are synthetic.

Yes, I remember that. Ben always lies even when he's sure to be caught.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »

Here's another example. Xahar PMed me about this because it found it so amusing:

LOL. Here, let me quote something from that board:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And this is ben's reply:

Xahar, I'll give you credit: you've been on here so much, you can imitate me and DWDL whenever you want.  Impressive.  That sounds just like us, too.  Really, great work.

When in fact the whole forum he was denying the existance of is what resulted in Xahar being caught for his "hacking". LOL!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »

and that's all you have to say for yourself, after lying to my face?

Not lying, forgetting.  What's the point in intentionally lying if it's so easy to get caught?

You've done it often enough. How should I know what goes on in your mind?

Furthermore....how is it possible to feel so strongly about an issue and suddenly forget you said something and change your mind?

Quite possible, actually.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »

Not lying, forgetting.  What's the point in intentionally lying if it's so easy to get caught?

Furthermore....how is it possible to feel so strongly about an issue and suddenly forget you said something and change your mind?

I find it hard to believe that someone can get so angry about a "stolen election" and then suddenly forget he ever felt that way.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:07 PM »

About something rather minor perhaps. About the greatest election controversy of recent history, not so much.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:07 PM »

Not the very definition of it.  Tongue

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 06:33:38 PM »

Okay, Franzl: I did think it was stolen; that's quite clear.  But, over the intervening months since that post, I've read about real stolen elections, and it has become clear to me that 2000 was not stolen.  So, my view has changed.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »

I find it hard to believe that someone can get so angry about a "stolen election" and then suddenly forget he ever felt that way.

"73% of the respondents reported (incorrectly) that on September 11, they saw on television, the videotape of the first plane striking the first World Trade Center tower."  "Flashbulb memories are not special in their accuracy, as previously claimed, but only in their perceived accuracy."
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 07:42:38 PM »

"73% of the respondents reported (incorrectly) that on September 11, they saw on television, the videotape of the first plane striking the first World Trade Center tower."  "Flashbulb memories are not special in their accuracy, as previously claimed, but only in their perceived accuracy."

But don't you think someone's perception of a dramatic event....and something that happened really quickly, as well.....is somewhat different than holding a specific and emotional view about something....and then claiming to have forgotten one ever held that view?

I'm sorry, I don't buy it. That's just the same as saying you're pro-life and that anybody that isn't is a baby killer...and then coming half a year later and saying you believe in the right to choose. (Mind you, assuming that you haven't legitimately changed your mind.) But in this case....I really find it nearly impossible that such a change of heart could occur so suddenly (especially considering that Mr. Constine won't even answer about a potential change of view, and just wants to avoid the subject by claming "he's sick of hearing about it".

No way.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »

this thread has become an epic fail reminiscent of schoolyard bullying
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »

Franzl, I did answer the question.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

There's a giant difference between not remembering all the details of a certain incident and simply "forgetting" your views on a huge issue and then doing a complete 180.

This would be like me not going to to any strip clubs for a month or so and then saying I completely forgot what I thought about strip clubs and now am strongly against them and believe that they degrade women and are dens of immorality, etc. Then there's the fact this is also common behavior for constine as pointed out.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 11:08:09 AM »

If you think an explanation like THAT which has come several posts too late in this thread and is hardly your first "explanation" is going to satisfy anyone, then you're once again proving how you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

You could try making a poster long than three sentences (excluding quotes) for once you know, especially when explaining more complicated things than this. Believe it or not doing so would go much further in earning you respect here than adopting contrived views to match some synthetic moderate persona.

If your views on the 2000 election did change so dramatically, then we need a bit more detailed explanation as to why. This will require more than the standard three sentences which basically make up your longest posts. But then again I'm asking this from someone who so far's only argument as to why he lives in the south is that barbecue and chicken are popular where he lives.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies