norm coleman 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:26:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  norm coleman 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: norm coleman 2012  (Read 4901 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 02:21:37 AM »

Walter, of course, doesn't believe any of what he said, he is merely attempting to start a fight (particularly with BRTD) and attract attention to himself. I really find it odd that I'm the only who seems to see him for the troll he is.

good timing considering the following post
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:14 AM »

Of course Walter trolls (See: Any post about Obama from January to roughly September 2008), but he has a tendency to be insanely delusional about this sort of thing and throw out people with no chance just for the sake of thinking "outside the box". Remember his Mark Warner as Obama's running mate fetish?

I'm not sure if he is that delusional, or if it's an attempt to be an "Open Minded Hero" in the tradition of constine's Moderate Heroism, but whatever the case he's probably sincere in some way. He should just look at his track record of predictions, especially his out on a limb ones.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »

Of course Walter trolls (See: Any post about Obama from January to roughly September 2008), but he has a tendency to be insanely delusional about this sort of thing and throw out people with no chance just for the sake of thinking "outside the box". Remember his Mark Warner as Obama's running mate fetish?

I'm not sure if he is that delusional, or if it's an attempt to be an "Open Minded Hero" in the tradition of constine's Moderate Heroism, but whatever the case he's probably sincere in some way. He should just look at his track record of predictions, especially his out on a limb ones.

mark warner would have made an excellent running mate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »

How about Ken Blackwell, Walter?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 07:49:19 PM »

He has potential, but we need someone with loads of cash. He could possibly be Mitt Romney's VP. They could pull in both Michigan and possibly Minnesota, and if Obama's approval ratings aren't that high, those 27ish(Electroral #'s will change) votes would make a huge difference.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 08:04:55 PM »

He has potential, but we need someone with loads of cash. He could possibly be Mitt Romney's VP. They could pull in both Michigan and possibly Minnesota, and if Obama's approval ratings aren't that high, those 27ish(Electroral #'s will change) votes would make a huge difference.
You should know though, that with McCain, Michigan was supposed to be really competitive, until he withdrew cause he knew he had no chance. Sure, that might've hurt him even more, but then he put more ressources in Minnesota and... still lost by similar margins.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »

Norm Coleman will probably have switched parties a few times and both supported and opposed every major issue that comes along... all subject to whatever way the political wind is blowing, of course.

But then I think Walter likes Coleman just because the Democrats from Minnesota on this forum hate him so much.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »

mark warner would have made an excellent running mate.

Yeah, I mean Obama could've won Virginia with him. Oh wait...

That's not the point though, the point isn't if you think he would've been good, it's that you kept insisting he'd drop out of the Senate race and be chosen despite the hordes of evidence to the contrary and basically said Obama would lose if he picked anyone else.

Right because Coleman is so insanely popular here he got 42% of the vote and lost to Al Franken. And Romney is clearly so insanely popular in Michigan because his father was Governor 40 years ago and maybe 10% of the state can remember, and because he got about 7% of the votes cast overall in the state in a primary with a good chunk of that coming from malicious crossover Democrats.

You got a lot to learn kid.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

NORM COLEMAN/KEN BLACKWELL 2012

DOWN WITH THE SILLY POPULISTS
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 01:07:44 PM »

since he was cheated out of his reelection to the senate, perhaps he should run for president?

he would be a good, non-southern, moderate voice for the gop.

As much as I like you, I'm becoming convinced that you enjoy taking contrarian positions just for the sake of being contrarian sometimes....that you get some degree of pleasure out of being in the minority in your views or some such.

How exactly was he "cheated"?
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

The GOP could do worse, and probably will.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »

The GOP could do worse, and probably will.

i agree.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »

He'll have been out of the spotlight for too long.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies