Post something you admire about the previous poster. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:16:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Post something you admire about the previous poster. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post something you admire about the previous poster.  (Read 44090 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 22, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »

Posts are well thought out, fair-minded and courteous.  I am always pleased to agree with him but when we don't, I feel I have learned something and gained a new appreciation for those who hold different views.

I just hope he's a White Sox fan and not a Cub fan.  Otherwise, he is dead to me.

There is much to admire about JS of course, but surprisingly enough coming from this pagan quarter, what I admire most about JS is that he actually lives the life of what is best about Christian theology, and it manifests itself on this forum each and every day. A lagniappe of course is that JS has a near encyclopedic knowledge of politics, which might be why he found it odd that I used a weekly time frame for my little sex frequency query post. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

tmthforu94 has a splendid temperament, which is particularly impressive after I looked up his age. He seems almost invariably to make his points in a constructive way, combining substance and diplomacy, and is a big asset to this forum.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:41:25 PM »

He's a nice enough person that even Freepers like him.

Gosh that was a long time ago now. Smiley

Skip me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »

He has an impressively analytical and rather original mind. He is not very "boxable." I like that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »

Seems reasonably [very] intelligent and non-offensive.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 08:32:18 PM »

I am very impressed with NC's posts on election stuff. I find some of his insights quite impressive and useful. He knows his stuff!  And I need help since I am getting a bit rusty as my attentions turn elsewhere. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »

Rocket's maturation over time on this forum (yes, he's growing up), and his enthusiasm for the "dismal science" of economics. I think it is grand when someone really develops a passion for something. I like passionate people, who are really "into" what they do, and with focus try to achieve mastery thereof.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:57 PM »

He has become a mature man since I first knew him I think. That is one of the most gratifying things about this forum - watching the transformation of so many of us. In any event, he is a solid and thoughtful poster imo.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 11:53:28 PM »

Maybe the most truly decent and kind person on this forum with great intelligence and insight and knowledge. Smid is the one of the best exemplars  out there on this mortal coil about what   being a person of faith  really means. He lives it. I mean that. I really admire you Smid. And in times of stress, like I am enduring now on an issue which is personally critical to me, sometimes I wish I were a person of faith. Such is life.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »

A very good writer, and lucid thinker, who is reasonably fair minded, and when he throws a punch, he does it with a velvet fist so that it does not hurt too much. All in all, a most impressive young man, and a fine addition to the forum.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »

Oh my, a lot, but one thing that stands out is his philosophical/religious erudition, made so pleasurable by his superb writing skills. When it comes to writing skills, those seduce me each and every time. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies