Computer help for me!?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:13:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Computer help for me!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Computer help for me!?  (Read 1802 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 06:22:21 AM »

We're 1 for 2 on Dell Laptops.  The first one, some cheap Inspiron, wasn't horrible, just slow as hell.  I still use it from time to time.  The one we got now, Vostro (a business laptop), is freaking sweet.  Very little "extra" software, widescreen, it even has a number pad off to the side like a regular keyboard.  It's heavy as all outdoors though.  So much so that it's barely useable as a laptop.  Cheaper than a similarly equipped "home" laptop too.

I would highly recommend anybody buying a Dell to get a business model and not a home model.

Don't get me started on the HP laptop we had many moons ago.  The power port fell off inside the laptop and required surgery.  NEVER AGAIN!  Even if you know PC's well (as I like to think I do), the insides of a laptop are not for the faint of heart.  It was never the same again.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »

I've had two home computers that were both Dells. The first one was horribly outdated, even by 2004 standards. The second one performs more or less the same as my work computer, which is an HP (though my work computer has the advantage of having a LAN connection). The computers at school are Macs that were old when planets were new; even my first Dell was loads better than them.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »

I generally don't like thinking that I am on top of the world along with a select few while others are simply alive to bask in my glory.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies