Gillibrand or McCarthy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gillibrand or McCarthy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will you/would you support?
Kirsten Gillibrand

Carolyn McCarthy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Gillibrand or McCarthy?  (Read 4630 times)
perdedor

« on: January 27, 2009, 07:59:01 PM »

I'm not sure, to be honest. McCarthy, as of 2006, still supports the Iraq war and has said that she would oppose repealing the death penalty because voters in her district support it (which comes across as a lack of spine to me.
perdedor

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

I'm not sure, to be honest. McCarthy, as of 2006, still supports the Iraq war and has said that she would oppose repealing the death penalty because voters in her district support it (which comes across as a lack of spine to me.

She has voted for a moratorium on the death penalty as well as satrting Iraq withdrawal within 90 days.

That doesn't mean that at one point she wasn't willing to sacrifice her values for political benefit.

In 2006, she voted in favor of the House resolution supporting Bush's policies in Iraq
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/16/AR2006061600572.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies