It's the Air Force for me!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:58:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  It's the Air Force for me!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: It's the Air Force for me!  (Read 2805 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »

What I have to do now is get in contact with the local Community College which is accepted by the Air Force, tell them my situation, enroll in five classes of my choosing in order to complete 15 semester hours as quickly as possible. Once I have a letter or paper from the college certifying that I am enrolled in five classes for 15 semester hours, I will then be enabled to take the Air Force physical, choose my job, and then get sworn in. At that point, I will be in DEP or "Delayed Enlistment" with a date set to leave for the eight weeks of basic training in San Antonio, Texas once I complete the college hours.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 07:29:36 AM »

Like I said, the air force is great because you don't have to die (Army) or live in a submarine/boat (Navy) Smiley
..and we have the best kill:death ratio of any service anywhere, ever.  And we send our officers out to fight while the enlisted stay home and play cards.
I don't think what the Air Force does qualifies as "fight". There's a reason why officers chuse to do it. (Not that it's entirely risk-free; I understand that.)

Doesn't the Air Force fly/operate the AC-130s?  They kick a lot of ass, don't they?
Shooting at people =|= fighting.

But "shooting at people, while being shot at" = fighting.     
At least sort of. It's certainly not pleasant, but a lot of the definition of "fighting" is still missing. (And of course, you could die in a plane even in Iraq. And people did. Although this is often only indirectly caused by enemy fire, I don't think that'd matter to me when I'm dead.) But even when the enemy has proper air defense, I'm pretty sure that bomber crews' mortality rates were rather less than infantry's (that actually saw combat).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »

Wait a minute Naso.. have I asked you this before?  You are going to be an officer aren't you?

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 06:30:41 PM »

I couldn't care much less for the armed forces, but take care in there, Reaganfan.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

Mike,

We wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors.  And we thank you for committing to serve our country.  We'll keep you in our prayers.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies