Official NYC Mayoral Race 2009 Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:40:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official NYC Mayoral Race 2009 Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official NYC Mayoral Race 2009 Thread  (Read 6302 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 25, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_mayoral_election,_2009

I just remembered that King Michael is up this year. Here's hoping that this one is interesting (unlike last time). I also hope that Randy Daniels or Ray Kelly (or even Susan Molinari) runs on the GOP side.

And I am once again at least claiming to want the Dems to win this one.  Wink  I'd probably not vote for any of them if I lived in NYC. Then again, if the Dems nominate Avella (I have two aunts that live in his district), he seems sane enough to really support. That being said, this guy seems like the longest of long shots when it comes to the Dems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »

He'd probably do better as an Independent, depending on what kind of deal he could broker with the local GOP (which would probably rather an Independent hold the seat rather than a Democrat).

He'll run as an Independent, likely with the endorsements of the Conservative and Republican Parties.

The Conservative Party? Yeah, right. They hate Bloomberg. They may not run their own candidate, but he won't be on their line. Ognibene ran against him last time.

That's what I was going to say. Hopefully, Ognibene runs again (or the GOP decides to do something crazy and run someone against Bloomberg).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »

LOL

What a failure at everything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies