What is your top five 2012 support list as of now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:42:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What is your top five 2012 support list as of now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your top five 2012 support list as of now?  (Read 10489 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: January 26, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »

1.  Barack Obama (so far)
2.  Mitt Romney
3.  Mike Pence
4.  Newt Gingrich
5.  Mitch Daniels
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »

Lots of Crist support among Republicans on here.

Not me.
Too moderate, and in his current situation, would be attacked for not having "moral values".

What's his current situation?  Gay rumors?  He just got married.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »

Dude, that only feeds into it. He got married right before word of him being considered for the running mate spot in 2008.

It puzzles me why people foresee "gay rumors" as hindering Crist's appeal to the conservative base, while Lindsey Graham has won two state-wide elections in South Carolina. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »

All the support for Mitch Daniels is fascinating. I'll grant, I've seen few politicians in either party as adept at creating and sustaining a complete myth.  I suppose that goes back to the old adage, "make the lie crazy enough and repeat it often enough and people will believe".

Daniels' "economic hot streak" is a much more preposterous myth than The Decider's compassionate conservatism.  Hell, Indiana lost 35-thousand jobs in December. And over 111-thousand jobs in 2008.  Now, I've no problem with the argument that these things are simply cyclical...or that Chief Executives (Presidents or Governors) can't be held responsible for negative or positive employment figures...

But to quote the irascible Judge Judy, "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining".

I watched Daniels, in his campaign, boast about being "a job-creating machine".  And he DID bring about 400 new jobs to the Fort Wayne area.  The state secured a promise from Dunkin Donuts to open 40 new franchises in and around the city over the next three or four years.  New jobs.  Huzzah.

That is the shell game, no?  Watch the $20 an hour with benefits jobs go down the pishadoo...but create minimum wage jobs with no benefits.  POOF!  You're a job creation machine.

Guys, Daniels is a flim-flam man.  Yeah, I'm a liberal Democrat.  But I am CERTAIN the GOP can do better than this scrub.

After reading this post, I remembered that you schooled me on Mitch Daniels a month or so ago.  I completely forgot.  I guess I'll bump him for Chain-Gang Charlie.

1.  Barack Obama (so far)
2.  Mitt Romney
3.  Mike Pence
4.  Newt Gingrich
5.  Charlie Crist

I also have high hopes for Paul Ryan.  But he's been sending signals that he has zero interest in running for President at this time.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »

I also have high hopes for Paul Ryan.  But he's been sending signals that he has zero interest in running for President at this time.

He's not going to go from the House to a Presidential run anyways. Depending in the primary for WI Governor in 2010 could possibly be between him and Scott Walker (Milwaukee County Executive). Both represent me, too hard to pick someone to support. Tongue

So do you think Pence is no-go as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies