Republicans Only: What should our Party be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Republicans Only: What should our Party be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the Republican Party be?
A national, mainstream center-right coalition of conservatives, libertarians, and moderates that is dedicated to small but effective government, and recognizes that diversity is a strength

A party with a singular conservative, pure ideology that does not vary for regional concerns, does not recognize the diversity of our country, and seeks to "change reality" rather than study and adjust for real-world needs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Republicans Only: What should our Party be?  (Read 6108 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: January 26, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

When Don can't debate, he resorts to his usual rhetoric and total mischaracterization of most conservatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

Similarly, 55% of the electorate voted against Republican House candidates in 2008 not because they were too moderate, but because the party has become a stubborn, divisive monolith which seems to think the only solutions to today's issues are making the Bush Tax Cuts permanent, waterboarding, and attempting to contact Ronald Reagan on the Ouija board.

Get real. People vote against this party these days for one major reason: George W. Bush

2008, like 2006, had very little to do with ideology.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »

Similarly, 55% of the electorate voted against Republican House candidates in 2008 not because they were too moderate, but because the party has become a stubborn, divisive monolith which seems to think the only solutions to today's issues are making the Bush Tax Cuts permanent, waterboarding, and attempting to contact Ronald Reagan on the Ouija board.

Get real. People vote against this party these days for one major reason: George W. Bush

Yeah, it obviously wasn't the Bush tax cuts and waterboarding, it was all that stuff people associate with George W. Bush.Wink

No, I really don't think it was those issues. I think people still like those tax cuts, my friend.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »

Yeah, it obviously wasn't the Bush tax cuts and waterboarding, it was all that stuff people associate with George W. Bush.Wink

No, I really don't think it was those issues. I think people still like those tax cuts, my friend.

Especially those making more than a million dollars a year. They adore them

Good for them. My middle class family certainly enjoyed it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:26:10 PM »

I think people still like those tax cuts, my friend.

Our grandchildren will love them too, it will give them something to remember us by when they are slaving away in a Chinese-owned factory trying to pay off the debt we created.

Don being critical of George W. Bush? I must be seeing things.

Anyway, I'm sure the tax cuts were the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to our grandchildren slaving away in a Chinese factory.  Roll Eyes
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 12:07:06 AM »

Anyway, I'm sure the tax cuts were the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to our grandchildren slaving away in a Chinese factory.  Roll Eyes

Tax cuts.  War.  Bailouts.  Earmarks.  Pork.  Entitlements.  All things for our grandchildren to ponder while they are learning Mandarin.

All things that your hero wanted, by the way.  Wink

By the way, I opposed half of those things listed and so did most conservatives.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »

You know, Don, you lecture us in another thread about our alleged fears of different languages and cultures (which is totally false in my case at least) and then you go on this fear campaign against the Chinese. Just take a step back and think about that for awhile before you go branding others xenophobes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 12:58:05 PM »

You know, Don, you lecture us in another thread about our alleged fears of different languages and cultures (which is totally false in my case at least) and then you go on this fear campaign against the Chinese. Just take a step back and think about that for awhile before you go branding others xenophobes.

My fear campaign is against the debt, and China is the largest foreign holder of our public debt. (22%)  Feel free to insert "Japanese" (19%) or any other country you please.  Hell, the British own 12%, could you imagine if we all had to stop speaking American Smiley

And you're using fear tactics about having to speak Chinese. Speaking Spanish isn't a problem for you (which would be for economic reasons as well) but this is? Hypocrisy at its finest.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »

Amused the debate, or what little there is here, has devolved into bickering over a tangent about speaking Chinese. 

Maybe Don shouldn't lecture some of us, calling us xenophobes and stuff (when it isn't true) and then go on to actually post something that was xenophobic. Just a suggestion for next time.

I like Don personally but it's never a debate with him. We always get bogged down with his ridiculous rhetoric and political hypocrisy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies