Least Favorite Senator and Congressman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Least Favorite Senator and Congressman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Least Favorite Senator and Congressman  (Read 1662 times)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:10 PM »

Least favorite Senator from the 111th Congress.

I don't think one of these has been made yet.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 06:18:20 PM »

Congressman: Nancy Pelosi
Senator: Harry Reid
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »

I have some bad news for you, then...
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:05 PM »

Senate: Jim Bunning, quite possibly the worst post-segregationist member of the Senate.

In the House... I'll say Bobby Bright, the pseudo-Democrat who sucked up over a million bucks in DCCC funds and votes slightly to the left of a Republican.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:50:16 PM »

I have some bad news for you, then...

The bad news for me is that they have tainted congress with their presence.  I don't know what can be much worse than that.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »

Senator: Chuck Schumer
(An extremely obnoxious camera hog who is dead wrong on practically everything.  He doesn't represent me at all.)

(Also an extremely obnoxious camera hog who is dead wrong on practically everything.  Luckily, she's not my Congressman - but the NY congressmen I've had over the years aren't much better.)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 07:08:09 PM »

Senator: Robert Byrd

Congresswoman: Michele Bachmann
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 07:14:23 PM »

Senator: Bob Casey, Jr.

Representative: Probably Allyson Schwartz
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »

At least Bachmann is advancing our agenda, unlike the spineless Pelosi.  You, as a Republican, just can't say that Bachmann is worse than that swine.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 07:35:14 PM »

Pelosi and Reid obviously.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »

Senator:  James Inhofe

Representative:  Mark Souder
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »

At least Bachmann is advancing our agenda, unlike the spineless Pelosi.  You, as a Republican, just can't say that Bachmann is worse than that swine.

Bachmann is a flip-flopper, a liar, a crazy Christian, and a personally revolting individual.

Pelosi is just a standard San Francisco liberal who happens to be in leadership.

Sure, in terms of ideology, I suppose I'm closer to Bachmann (shudders), but I still personally prefer Pelosi, and the other 433 members of Congress.
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Senator: James M. Inhofe
Congressman: John Boehner
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 08:09:28 PM »

Senator: James Inhofe
Congressman: Michele Bachmann(This used to be Bill Sali, thank god for Walt Minnick)

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 08:10:18 PM »

Senators ARE congressmen!
Nicodeme Depape
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:01 PM »

I believe they would walk away if you called them one, however.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »

Bachmann is a flip-flopper, a liar, a crazy Christian, and a personally revolting individual.

Pelosi is just a standard San Francisco liberal who happens to be in leadership.

Sure, in terms of ideology, I suppose I'm closer to Bachmann (shudders), but I still personally prefer Pelosi, and the other 433 members of Congress.

Pelosi is actively working to shrink the Republican Party and promote the Obama agenda.  Bachmann made a stupid gaffe on MSNBC.  You can make the choice for which one is worse.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:22 PM »

Pelosi is actively working to shrink the Republican Party and promote the Obama agenda.  Bachmann made a stupid gaffe on MSNBC.  You can make the choice for which one is worse.

Gaffe is an understatement...

Beyond that, I would like to say that the world Michele Bachmann would like to create is almost as scary, if not equally scary, as the world Nancy Pelosi would like to create, in my opinion... and since it's my opinion we seem to be debating, it's the only thing that counts.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 09:23:59 PM »

Beyond that, I would like to say that the world Michele Bachmann would like to create is almost as scary, if not equally scary, as the world Nancy Pelosi would like to create, in my opinion... and since it's my opinion we seem to be debating, it's the only thing that counts.
You're afraid of social and fiscal conservatism? Why the hell are you a Republican, then? I don't see how Bachmann is particularly extreme on either social or economic issues.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »

You're afraid of social and fiscal conservatism? Why the hell are you a Republican, then? I don't see how Bachmann is particularly extreme on either social or economic issues.

The fiscal conservatism I'm fine with, although she's not a particularly committed fiscal conservative, it seems to be more of a convenience for her (Like McCain's social conservatism).

As for her social conservatism... well, I'm not wild about run-of-the-mill social conservatism, but her social conservatism borders crazy theocratic social conservatism... and that does scare me.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:50 PM »

The fiscal conservatism I'm fine with, although she's not a particularly committed fiscal conservative, it seems to be more of a convenience for her (Like McCain's social conservatism).

As for her social conservatism... well, I'm not wild about run-of-the-mill social conservatism, but her social conservatism borders crazy theocratic social conservatism... and that does scare me.

I would think that she is like the majority of the GOP:

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Michele_Bachmann.htm

Huh
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 09:47:33 PM »

Huh

I don't know... I've heard a lot of that disturbing "CHRISTIAN PATRIOT!!!" rhetoric from her, but maybe the majority of Midwestern Republican Reps. are like that and I just don't get exposed to it.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »

Huh

I don't know... I've heard a lot of that disturbing "CHRISTIAN PATRIOT!!!" rhetoric from her, but maybe the majority of Midwestern Republican Reps. are like that and I just don't get exposed to it.

I don't know if it's just me, but boiler plate like that doesn't bother me in the least.  Fiscal matters matter the most to me, and I know for one that she is sound and Nancy Pelosi is not. Smiley
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »

The Club for Growth gave her a 98% rating in 2007, one of the highest in the House. Sounds pretty fiscally conservative to me.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies