To Hell With the Republican Party! (Comedy Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To Hell With the Republican Party! (Comedy Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: To Hell With the Republican Party! (Comedy Thread)  (Read 2552 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »

The irony.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »

I think this guy is so ed up in the head that he doesn't realise that this is 2008 and not the 80's. Obama is his President, Jindal is his Governor, and though he doesn't live in his district one of the congressmen is Anh Cao. I thought this bastard would of got the message when the GOP establishment endorsed the Democratic candidate when he somehow made it threw LA's old, and aptly named, jungle primary. He is not welcomed in this party and he should not be allowed to taint the party of Lincoln anymore.

If you're talking about tainting "The Party of Lincoln" then most republicans should be kicked out.

Now actually not. Most Republicans are not racist. This guy is.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 11:19:00 PM »

If you're talking about tainting "The Party of Lincoln" then most republicans should be kicked out.]

Now actually not.

Former Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi entered politics as a segregationist Democrat and switched parties when he felt that the Democrats were insufficiently conservative. Years later, he could proudly say that "the spirit of Jefferson Davis lives in the 1984 Republican platform!" Does his presence taint the Party of Lincoln?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »

If you're talking about tainting "The Party of Lincoln" then most republicans should be kicked out.]

Now actually not.

Former Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi entered politics as a segregationist Democrat and switched parties when he felt that the Democrats were insufficiently conservative.

Remember me of how the dean of the U.S. Senate got into politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:26 AM »

Now actually not.

Former Senator Trent Lott of Mississippi entered politics as a segregationist Democrat and switched parties when he felt that the Democrats were insufficiently conservative.

The Dean of the U.S. Senate is not a member of the Party of Lincoln.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »

Now actually not.

No but he is a member of the party that claims to be the one party that truly cares about diversity, civil rights, etc.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:35 AM »

Now actually not.

I think his point is valid that both parties have structural racism build into their roots, although I think his argument is more valid since at least Lott is gone and Katon was defeated.

I guess Democrats have more relics than the Republicans --- Bunning isn't even old by Byrd standards, I guess conservatism just causes people to go senile faster Smiley
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 04:37:16 AM »

I think his point is valid that both parties have structural racism build into their roots, although I think his argument is more valid since at least Lott is gone and Katon was defeated.

Yes. But Jeff Sessions and Lynn Westmoreland are still there.
And Chip ''Barack the Magic Negro'' Saltsman has entered GOP martyrdom, along Katherine Harris.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2009, 12:26:38 PM by CARLHAYDEN »

As Aristotle noted, there are three major means of argument: Logos, Ethos and Pathos.

Those unable to logically deal with facts, instead use illogical means of argument to advocate their goals.

One specific example of using Pathos and negative ethos was recognized years ago by the communist propagandists.  When they learned that an unpleasant (for them) truth was about to be revealed, they would seek to discredit it in advance by having it "revealed" by a widely disliked and discredited person with inflammatory rhetoric.

Not surprised Lunar has adopted this technique.

However, setting aside Mr. Duke (who is, in my opinion, a despicable person) and his inflammatory rhetoric, is there some degree of truth in his specific allegations (as opposed to his overall conclusion).

Well, lets look at the specifics:

First, is Mr. Steele's status as a black man at this particular point in time, a net advantage for his candidacy for RNC Chair?  I believe an honest (and capable) analyst would say yes. 

Second, does Mr. Steele oppose the death penalty in all cases.  The record indicates he does.  Now, Mr. Steele has used the dodge that he is opposed to the death penalty for religious reasons.  However, this explanation has about as much credibility as the allegations of the terrorists in the middle east that Islam calls on them to commit their crimes.  The simple fact is that Mr. Steele believes the taxpayer should be punished rather than the most loathesome malfeasers.

Third, the record indicates that Mr. Steele DOES favor racial preferences.  Instead of judging each person on their merits, Mr. Steele believed, and perhaps still believes,  they should be evaluated on the basis of their skin pigmentation (sort of like David Duke, abet with different color preferences).  Some sources assert that Mr. Steele has rhetorically, if not substantively, backed off from this position.

Fourth, Mr. Steele has in the past opposed the the right to keep and bear arms.  Oh, he's willing to allow the favored few to possess some firearms (approved of by him), but, he views such possession as a 'privilege' rather than a right. Some sources assert that Mr. Steele has rhetorically, if not substantively, backed off from this position.

Fifth, Mr. Steele, to his credit, has recognized that Hamas and Hezzebolah are vicious terrorist organizations.  Mr. Duke's hatred of Jews is so profound that he will defend such sociopaths.

Now, if I were a spokesman for Obama, and I were asked to comment on Mr. Steele's election, I would disagree with the contention of Mr. Duke that he was a junior version of Obama, and stress that Obama has:

1.) supported capital punishment provided due process is provided, unlike Mr. Steele, and

2.) opposes racial preferences as he (Obama) believes that peoples of all colors can achieve without preferences (unlike Mr. Steele), and

3.) Obama has said he recognizes that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, something that Mr. Steele has had problems (at least in the past) understanding.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies