MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:07:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)  (Read 10157 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »
« edited: July 09, 2013, 11:11:11 PM by Senator MaxQue »

Here is my campaign office.

I will answer questions now.

Announcements and platform will be here later.

I am here for you, people of the glorious Pacific Midwest Atlasia!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »

I don't live in your region...so I won't be able to vote for or against you...but if you don't mind, I'll kick off your campaign by asking the first question:

What is your opinion of Senator Torie's performance in the Senate....and in what ways will you be different?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »

Senator Torie is a good Senator, but he was not very active in the Senate since Christmas. He is to the right of me, but I have a high opinion of him because he was standing for Pacific's inhabitants.

I wouldn't be a candidate if he was running again.

So, I thing than Torie is too to the right. Paficiers are, mainly, members of JCP or SDP, two left parties, and a majority of inhabitants are on left too.

I would stand for leftist economic, social and cultural ideas, ideals and issues. On regional issues, I will probably vote ''Aye'' on anything because I think than the entire people must decide, not only those who are Senator.

If you want more details, feel free to ask.
Sir Coffeebeans
coffeebeans
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »

What issues are closest to your heart? As in, what issues really get you going?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »

How will you work to protect regional rights?
Sir Coffeebeans
coffeebeans
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »

Sorry MaxQue. I have now chosen to run against you in the upcoming Senate election. My question still stands. What issue is most important to you?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:28 AM »

Ben, dear convicted fraud voter, I think than people should protect regional rights. I will vote ''Aye'' for all constitutional reforms on regional issues, no matter their content. The equilibrium between regions and federal government should be voted by the people, not the Senate.

Coffeebeans, dear probable account of Ogis, the things who are the most important for me are the ''Social issues'' in general. Mostly gay rights, workers rights and things like that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 05:15:26 AM »

What would you do as Senator to reform Atlasia itself? It's system of government, updating the wiki, etc.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »

What would you do as Senator to reform Atlasia itself? It's system of government, updating the wiki, etc.

Good question. Sorry for making you waiting.

For updating the wiki, I think than that is the job of all Atlasians, but in first governors and the General Attorney. I would edit it, but I didn't find how to register. That is the problem number 1 of the wiki. All is hidden, not simple to understand, outdated.

All reforms must be the people and for the people. I will vote any constitutional amendment in the Senate, so the people would decide what is the best for them. I don't have a precise idea of what is best for now. That is a very complicated question and there is a problem if you find a solution to this problem in a few minutes. This problem is very complex.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 08:30:48 AM »

It is a not so well-kept secret that Xahar from behind the scenes still influences the thought of the SDP.  His ban will expire during your senate term, what influence do you plan to allow Xahar to hold over you and would you consider him allowing to rejoin the SDP and gain their endorsement?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 01:56:16 PM »

It is a not so well-kept secret that Xahar from behind the scenes still influences the thought of the SDP.  His ban will expire during your senate term, what influence do you plan to allow Xahar to hold over you and would you consider him allowing to rejoin the SDP and gain their endorsement?

Xahar has no more influence on the party.

Xahar has no more influence on me. I probably hate him more than you. He lied to me, he deceived me. I can't accept that. It is very hard to lose my trust, but he succeed. I hate him.

Technically, he is still in the party, but he has lose the right to talk and to vote in the party. I will stand against any tentative for give him the right to talk and to vote in the party. Finally, me and Marokai pledged during the trial to resign our positions in the party and to quit the party if Xahar is endorsed as a candidate.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 12:17:04 AM »

I just received SDP's endorsement (Oh Surprise!)

Don't forget to go voting next weekend.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 01:09:08 AM »

Congratulations to realistidealist.

I only hope than you will be more active than your voters.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

So, I am reopening this office.

Please ignore the sour grapes upside.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 02:01:50 AM »

I shall not be running again, as you know. As such, I will be supporting your candidacy, and I encourage the rest of the JCP to do the same.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 02:02:34 AM »

I of course support you Max Smiley

Though I think it's fair to say all of Atlasia is a giant sour grape Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »

You have my support and endorsement friend.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »

Yeah Max and Realisticidealist apparently have so much in common politically.....yeah right.

But I suppose the fact that Max is now a member of the JCP makes that alright....anything to gain power, eh Marokai?

(No offense to you Max....I think you'd make a good senator Wink)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 11:56:50 AM »

Yeah Max and Realisticidealist apparently have so much in common politically.....yeah right.

But I suppose the fact that Max is now a member of the JCP makes that alright....anything to gain power, eh Marokai?

Yeah, well, it's not all about politics. I once said after being elected that if I felt that Max could do a better job, or at least if I didn't desire it anymore, that he was welcome to take my seat. I am fulfilling that promise.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 12:05:54 PM »

Yeah, well, it's not all about politics. I once said after being elected that if I felt that Max could do a better job, or at least if I didn't desire it anymore, that he was welcome to take my seat. I am fulfilling that promise.

I'm not blaming you at all...I hope that's not what it sounded like. My comment was directed at Marokai who tends to insult the DA for including people of various ideologies and supporting them. I was just pointing out that the JCP is doing exactly that by replacing you with Max, and that the very same people that voted almost unanimously for you last election (the JCP machine obviously rules the Pacific) will now happily cast their vote for Max because of his partisan affiliation. Still, I don't hear anything from Marokai about that.

I have an extremely high level of respect for you and your work in this Senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »

I'm not blaming you at all...I hope that's not what it sounded like. My comment was directed at Marokai who tends to insult the DA for including people of various ideologies and supporting them. I was just pointing out that the JCP is doing exactly that by replacing you with Max, and that the very same people that voted almost unanimously for you last election (the JCP machine obviously rules the Pacific) will now happily cast their vote for Max because of his partisan affiliation. Still, I don't hear anything from Marokai about that.

Party-politics I'm afraid, there's nothing I can do about that. Max though has been around for a very long time and has remained fairly active and interested in Atlasia the entire time.

They certainly have more in common than the protectionist and the libertarian.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »

Party-politics I'm afraid, there's nothing I can do about that. Max though has been around for a very long time and has remained fairly active and interested in Atlasia the entire time.

They certainly have more in common than the protectionist and the libertarian.

I understand. I mean, it's good that the JCP is composed of social democrats, centrists and libertarian-lights, right?

Oh wait. Doesn't that mean the JCP doesn't have an "ideology"? Oops.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 12:31:29 PM »

I certainly have my criticisms of the JCP and the way it's run, Franzl. (However I do think Bgwah and Lunar are more left wing economically than their PM scores would suggest.)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »

I certainly have my criticisms of the JCP and the way it's run, Franzl. (However I do think Bgwah and Lunar are more left wing economically than their PM scores would suggest.)

Possibly, although I do wonder what led you to leave the SPD, Marokai. Was it maybe because the SPD wasn't politically viable, and you wanted to join a party that had some chance of winning elections?

I'm not criticizing that alone, I understand that the SPD wasn't going anywhere, no reason to be ashamed of that. I support electoral alliances that help people further their goals....I just think your double standard concerning the DA is quite hypocritical.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 12:40:28 PM »

Possibly, although I do wonder what led you to leave the SPD, Marokai. Was it maybe because the SPD wasn't politically viable, and you wanted to join a party that had some chance of winning elections?

I'm not criticizing that alone, I understand that the SPD wasn't going anywhere, no reason to be ashamed of that. I support electoral alliances that help people further their goals....I just think your double standard concerning the DA is quite hypocritical.

Of course we wanted to win, I can't deny that but I think your comparison is a bit unfair. The JCP-SDP merger made sense because, even though you could point to a few examples, we're still largely socially and economically liberal. We merged because the left-wing vote was split down the middle because of party affiliation, even though we had a ton in common.

The DA is a fairly loosely connected group of people ranging anywhere from center-right to center-left, and even though we have economic centrists or conservatives you could probably count on one hand, we're united. I criticize the RPP/DA ticket not because of the merging, but because the merging makes no sense.

Happy is socially a centrist, PiT is socially liberal. Happy is a protectionist, PiT is a staunch libertarian. It doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I'm sure there were plenty of choices in the DA you could have made to make the ticket seem a bit more sensible and united. Even Hashemite, though he's hardly a conservative economically, at least hates trade unions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies