Pelosi: We will lose 500 million jobs every month if we don't pass stimulus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:39:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi: We will lose 500 million jobs every month if we don't pass stimulus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pelosi: We will lose 500 million jobs every month if we don't pass stimulus  (Read 2828 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 06:04:24 AM »

People do tend to come up with excuses for their own hypocrisy.  Good job!

(it really is ok to make fun your own.  It doesn't make you a bad guy.  In fact, it's a rather noble personality trait in my opinion.)

You could, you know, respond to the substance of what I said, like an adult would. Or not.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 07:20:56 AM »

I did, but then I deleted it and posted that.  It wouldn't matter.  Bush is a fool and you don't like it when people make fun of your own.  It's ok.  We all are guilty of it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »

Should I have just said your post was "fail"?  Would that have been "substance" enough for you?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »

I did, but then I deleted it and posted that.  It wouldn't matter.  Bush is a fool and you don't like it when people make fun of your own.  It's ok.  We all are guilty of it.

I have no problem when people make fun of my own. I post threads like this for God's sake: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=91830.0

This isn't even a political issue. It's just one about comedic value. If I were a sitcom writer and I had a character who consistently fumbled sentence structure and verb tenses, it would be a funny aspect to his character and people would laugh. If you had a character who otherwise spoke normally but replaced one word with another on accident once, that wouldn't be funny. It'd just be stupid.

But rather than actually commenting on what I'm saying you'll probably just post vague generalities based off of false preconceptions. Oh well.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 07:44:48 AM »

When prim and proper people make verbal mistakes it is not funny?  It certainly can be, but it isn't always.  Some guy making the same stupid verbal mistakes over and over again is funny?  It certainly can be, but it isn't always.  This may be shocking, but comedy means different things to different people.

But I agree, dropping in like I did on you was uncalled for.  As was your thread sh**tting earlier in the thread.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »

LOL McCain's retarded and senile. But seriously Pelosi just misspoke. Why do you hate the elderly?

I hope this wasn't serious.
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 04:57:51 PM »

LOL McCain's retarded and senile. But seriously Pelosi just misspoke. Why do you hate the elderly?

I hope this wasn't serious.

You hope correctly... I probably should have thrown in an "[/sarcasm]".
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 05:04:27 PM »

If we do lose 500 million jobs next month everyone in this thread is going to look really, really foolish.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 07:45:18 PM »

If we do lose 500 million jobs next month everyone in this thread is going to look really, really foolish.

Lunar, there aren't even 500 million people in the country.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:46 PM »

If I get a job, am fired a week later, then get another job, only to be fired a week later, and this all happens within one month, two jobs have been lost. Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 10:00:06 PM »

If I get a job, am fired a week later, then get another job, only to be fired a week later, and this all happens within one month, two jobs have been lost. Tongue

The BLS reports on NET job changes, so it doesn't matter if you get fired 50 times a day.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »

US unemployment rate reaches 7.6% 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7874955.stm

The US unemployment rate rose to 7.6% in January, up from 7.2% in December, according to official figures.

The rise puts the unemployment rate at the highest level since 1992.

According to the US Labor Department, the economy lost 598,000 non-farm jobs for the month, and it also revised upwards the job losses for December.

The rise in unemployment is a sign that the recession in the world's largest economy is deepening as companies are increasingly reluctant to hire.

The monthly report on non-farm payrolls is seen to give one of the best ideas of how the economy is faring and comes amid growing fears that the global contraction will continue for some time.

The Labor Department revised upwards its estimate of job losses for December to 577,000 from 524,000.

The latest figures were significantly worse than economists had expected.

"The report is awful. It's even worse than it looks because retailers did not hire workers prior to Christmas, but they still did enormous layoffs after Christmas," said Cary Leahey, an economist at Decision Economics in New York.

"Firms are now suffering under the burden of excess inventories and everywhere you look in the report you see declines in almost every industry."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »

The real number of course (U6) is 13.9%.

And Republicans continue to not care.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 11:59:33 AM »

Even if you support a stimulus plan, than give support for a real one. This is clearly not a stimulus plan. The Dems refuse to listen to any Republican ideas that do not entail spending a trillion dollars on something that is not even an effort. It is simply the Democratic party expanding the power of the government.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

Lunar, there aren't even 500 million people in the country.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooosh
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:01 PM »

No, unemployment is good for the masters.  Reserve army of the unemployed lowers wages, increases in equality.

It is simply the Democratic party expanding the power of the government.

Yes, of course.   What do you think 'stimulates' the economy?  Expanding the activities of the government.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »

That's going to drag it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies