If you're from Australia/Georgia/Hong Kong/New Zealand... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you're from Australia/Georgia/Hong Kong/New Zealand... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you're from Australia/Georgia/Hong Kong/New Zealand...  (Read 1496 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 08, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »

...help me out here! I'm considering doing an exchange term at one of the following universities:

Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The University of Otago
University of Sydney
Emory University, Goizueta Business School

Does anyone know anything about those? I will almost certainly be doing economics.

Very grateful for any tips from anyone who may know something about them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:18:20 PM »

My roommate is actually an exchange student from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Anything in particular you'd to know about?

Well, I guess any information on what it is like to be a Western exchange student in Hong Kong (social life, price levels, etc) and how good the university is, especially in the field of economics. Quality of lecturers, etc.

I guess bottom line would be something like "would he recommend it?" Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 01:54:24 AM »

Ok, so that's 1 Hong Kong advice with potential for one more. But I know there are Australians and Georgians on here. Come on, people...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »

Oh, I've been around in the world, as Macmillan would have said. I've never been to the US but I've been to Australia and Hong Kong. Too long ago and too briefly to use for this decision though. The longest I've been outside of Sweden, consecutively, is 6 weeks in England. So I've never really lived permanently abroad. But I've been too a fair share of countries.

It would be for the fall term (Sweden doesn't have a summer term).

And while I appreciate the sentiment, being from Sweden doesn't mean I've never experienced warm weather. Smiley I've spent a summer month in China, after all.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »

D'aw. Wait a minute, I offer advice on Hong Kong though completely neglect to give you info on the school in my home state!

Emory's a great school, yeah. Almost went there but decided at the last minute I'd rather go to college out of state. The school's at a decent location on the northside of Atlanta, and though public transportation can be a bit inconvenient it can take you pretty much anywhere you need to go. I don't know how good it's economics program is specifically but the school's got a solid academic reputation.

And plus if you go to Emory, that could lead to some sort of awesome Atlanta Atlas meet-up involving me, you, Dibble, Clay, etc, maybe.

I'll ask the roommate about Hong Kong next time I see him, btw.

Thanks, that would be great! And thanks for the Atlanta info as well.

(and I was a little surprised since I seemed to recall you being from Georgia... Wink) Meeting you guys would be cool, and I would like to see America too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies