The return of Jeb?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:33:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The return of Jeb?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The return of Jeb?  (Read 1449 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2009, 09:35:54 AM »

Rumor on Politics1 is that Crist is jumping in the Senate race and Jeb wants his old job back.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »

I think Republican congressmen made a mistake in pushing for Crist if they wanted another one of them. They're probably gonna get another Snowe if it happens.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »

I think Republican congressmen made a mistake in pushing for Crist if they wanted another one of them. They're probably gonna get another Snowe if it happens.

Oh, behave! Wink
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »

The bigger rumor is that Crist doesn't really want the job (at least that's what I'm picking up from Florida buzz sites).  I imagine that Cornyn is pressuring Crist heavily though to keep considering it, even at the expense of the GOP candidates to get their campaigns off the ground, simply because Crist would be a golden nugget.   
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »

Cornyn should stop dicking around in Florida and move on go for either Mack or Rubio. Get one of them to declare and square down Florida like he did Ohio. Florida is going to be the most expensive race in the nation to campaign in and we need to get started yesterday. Then Cornyn can come up with a way to get Steelman in MO or Talent as last resort avoiding Blunt. He will also be able to focus more energy on Kentucky namely removing Bunning be ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:19:51 AM »

McConnell has Bunning locked down by removing his national and local fundraising sources.  Honestly, I don't know if such a move makes Bunning more likely to run just to prove he can win or not - he admitted some time ago that he has the mind of an athlete or something and thinks he's invincible.

I'm not sure if Cornyn can intervene in Florida on behalf of Mack or Rubio.  Rubio has nothing to lose by running but Mack would probably be favored to win the primary.  He might have to let them duke it out.  But I 100% agree with you that Cornyn needs to drop Crist (Cornyn is attempting to win as many races as he can, he knows that his final tally as NRSC Chairman won't include how centrist the candidates are).  But since the Democratic field is so weak and fractured similarly -- no Alex Sink, it's not a tragic delay.  Just a delay not in the GOP's larger interests.

Talent recently dropped out if I recall correctly, so either Steelman is assured or Blunt may challenge her in the primary.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:25:06 AM »

I would love to see Jeb as Governor again. I love Florida, and have traveled there in 1996, 1999, 2005, 2007 and 2008 respectively. When down there, from people who live there, they seem to have a very positive view of both Jeb and Crist.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies