Health care provisions in H.R. 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Health care provisions in H.R. 1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Health care provisions in H.R. 1  (Read 1711 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »

Bureaucrats making healthcare decisions... that's the biggest joke on the planet....if they aren't going to make decisions for you, your insurance company will...and unlike the government, they will make decisions trying to deter you from seeing a doctor to save money...then again, that's what the govenment does, right? Then again, arren't you glad that someone is out there making sure you don't see a doctor for a runny nose every month?

We are not taling about people with runny noses. We are talking about people with cancer be denide experimental treatments because of costs for the benefit of society. We are talking about all the treatments some of which are very promising that will be sh**tcanned by the Democratic regulations and intrusions. If the people saw this dark side to national Heath care it would not have any support. Why must we sacrifice the old for the sake of the young on this but sacfrice the young for the sake of the old when it comes to Stem Cell Reasearch. Has anyone noticed this hypocrisy on the part of the Dems when it comes to health care. I have.
Discarded embryos are not the young. Try again please.

They are the earliest form of Human life and are thus the youngest of us. They are the most discriminated against and yet they are all of us. Yet they don't make the strict standards of the left. You want to help the discrimanted against then join the side of life and help us fight them most widespread discrimination there is.
They are not important and will never be human. Since they are discarded they have no chance of being born. Therefore we should use them for research to help all living, breathing humans live longer and fuller lives.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »

Picking up on something posted above, I would note that increased efficacy of health has to date exponentially increased costs.  I used to have to grin and bear my little skin disease; now it is largely kept  at   bay, at  a cost for the drugs and administration that runs close to 10 grand per year.  Medical technology is eating us alive financially.  It is not a sustainable proposition.  The triage and rationing by whatever device will become ever more explicit and omnipresent.  There is really no way out of the box. None.  Suggestions to the contrary by politicians of all stripes is little more than disingenuous cant in my opinion.   
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »

What you miss, Alcon, is that seniors are forced to remain on Medicare, over pain of losing their Social Security benefits.

It's one thing to ration government-paid health care when there are alternatives, but it's just egregious to do it when you force people into the system in the first place.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies