brace yourself for the tribulation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  brace yourself for the tribulation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: brace yourself for the tribulation  (Read 22194 times)
prophetman
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »

It's coming.  The economic crises we're experiencing is sure to develop into the great tribulation spoken of in the prophetic scriptures.  The ingrediants, as well as the timing is all in place.   Question is, Are you ready for it? The greater question however is, Are you ready for the Coming of the Lord after that tribulation?

Daniel 12:1 describes that tribulation as "a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time", meaning that, It will be a time of trouble such as never was since America became a nation.

People, we Americans an't seen nothing yet!!  Like birth pangs, our way of life, caused by the economic crisis, is growing worse and worse.
When China and others stops bailing out America, then America will have to stop bailing out her people.  And thus shall come to pass the prophecy in Dan.11:45 which says,

"And he (America) shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »

Part of me kinda wants you to be right, and the rest of me thinks that that part should be euthanized for its own good, only refraining because that would be suicide.

Meh. We'll all be eaten by the Humoctopus anyway, so what does it matter?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »

It's coming.  The economic crises we're experiencing is sure to develop into the great tribulation spoken of in the prophetic scriptures.  The ingrediants, as well as the timing is all in place.   Question is, Are you ready for it? The greater question however is, Are you ready for the Coming of the Lord after that tribulation?

Daniel 12:1 describes that tribulation as "a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time", meaning that, It will be a time of trouble such as never was since America became a nation.

People, we Americans an't seen nothing yet!!  Like birth pangs, our way of life, caused by the economic crisis, is growing worse and worse.
When China and others stops bailing out America, then America will have to stop bailing out her people.  And thus shall come to pass the prophecy in Dan.11:45 which says,

"And he (America) shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Yes, the tribulation is coming.  But I don't agree with your identification of America.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:30:27 PM »

Yes, the tribulation is coming.  But I don't agree with your identification of America.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course you don't believe it's America!  This wicked generation doesn't believe ANYTHING that's prophecied about America in the scriptures.

The nation that experiences the tribulation of which Daniel spoke, is the same nation of which John spoke in Revelation 18.

""Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."

"Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double."

"How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

"Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her."
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »

Of course you don't believe it's America!  This wicked generation doesn't believe ANYTHING that's prophecied about America in the scriptures.

The nation that experiences the tribulation of which Daniel spoke, is the same nation of which John spoke in Revelation 18.

"Babylon the great is fallen..."

Oh, I actually lean towards the theory that America is the Babylon of Revelation.  I started coming to that conclusion a several years ago on my own and after goggling it I was surprised to find many who also lean in that direction.

But I do NOT agree that Daniel is speaking of America in the verses you quoted, rather I believe he is speaking of the AntiChrist's reign in Jerusalem.  Nor do I believe the tribulation will be limited to America, but will be felt worldwide.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »

The inevitable battle that comes up when two people forget to take their medication.

Oh, nevermind that business about the "thief in the night" or the fact that Jesus, the Son, doesn't even know when this time will come.  Oh, no.  I have it all figured out.  Can't you read the signs?  I see the signs.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »

The inevitable battle that comes up when two people forget to take their medication.

Oh, nevermind that business about the "thief in the night" or the fact that Jesus, the Son, doesn't even know when this time will come.  Oh, no.  I have it all figured out.  Can't you read the signs?  I see the signs.

Did I give a time for Jesus' return?  No.

And since Jesus stated explicit signs of return in the Olivet (sp?) Discourse and said "when you see these things happening, lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near", AND since in that same discourse he stated "no one knows that day or hour"...doesn't it seem we should be able to reconcile those two facts:

1) we will be able to discern the signs when his return draws near
2) we won't know the day or hour

Is it not reasonable that we WILL be able to tell when his coming is near but that we will NOT be able to pinpoint his return on a calendar with any accuracy?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »

And since Jesus stated explicit signs of return in the Olivet (sp?) Discourse and said "when you see these things happening, lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near", AND since in that same discourse he stated "no one knows that day or hour"...doesn't it seem we should be able to reconcile those two facts:

Is it not reasonable that we WILL be able to tell when his coming is near but that we will NOT be able to pinpoint his return on a calendar with any accuracy?

Of course, unlike the other prophets of doom that seem to come up every 3rd generation, you are correct.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 03:50:11 PM »

BTW... if you attempt another poorly conceived swipe at me by saying "but the Catholic Church believes that Benedict is the next to the last Pope", then know that the so-called "Prophecies of Malachi" have been thoroughly discredited by the Church.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 03:53:11 PM »

BTW... if you attempt another poorly conceived swipe at me by saying "but the Catholic Church believes that Benedict is the next to the last Pope", then know that the so-called "Prophecies of Malachi" have been thoroughly discredited by the Church.

The Prophecies are a bit of 'fun' at the very most, in the same way Nostradamus is. You can 'predict' everything and nothing at the same time. However I am still suprised at the number of people who mention them to me.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »

Of course, unlike the other prophets of doom that seem to come up every 3rd generation, you are correct.

How does my statement that the "tribulation is coming" equate to those you're referring to?  I've given no definitive timeline, rather I have simply stated that if the tribulation is going to occur soon (say, within the next 20 years), then America is probably Revelation's Babylon because at the present time America best matches her description.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 03:59:47 PM »

The Prophecies are a bit of 'fun' at the very most, in the same way Nostradamus is. You can 'predict' everything and nothing at the same time. However I am still suprised at the number of people who mention them to me.

Oh, I met a Bishop who thinks they are real.  My aunt believes them, even though I have repeatedly explained to her what is wrong with them.

I think the most damning evidence is that the descriptions given prior to the time the "prophecies" were "rediscover" are all dead on accurate, and pertain, clearly, to one, or at most two aspects of that Pope, where as the ones that come after can often times be applied to any and all manner of things, and often times are given multiple meanings for each pope.  Some would say "well, the fact that these apply to five aspects of that papacy only prove their accuracy, but what it really implies is that they could mean anything.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »

How does my statement that the "tribulation is coming" equate to those you're referring to?  I've given no definitive timeline, rather I have simply stated that if the tribulation is going to occur soon (say, within the next 20 years), then America is probably Revelation's Babylon because at the present time America best matches her description.

No, I'm pretty sure its coming on October 22, 1844
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:09:20 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2009, 04:13:48 PM by Supersoulty »

Here is a chart to help you out, jmf.  You see the Pope as the Beast?  And the Pope riding the Beast?  Huh... that's kinda confusing.  Which is it?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »

"Babylon the great is fallen..."

Oh, I actually lean towards the theory that America is the Babylon of Revelation.  I started coming to that conclusion a several years ago on my own and after goggling it I was surprised to find many who also lean in that direction.

But I do NOT agree that Daniel is speaking of America in the verses you quoted, rather I believe he is speaking of the AntiChrist's reign in Jerusalem.  Nor do I believe the tribulation will be limited to America, but will be felt worldwide.

Why do you not believe that DANIEL was speaking of America?  Both he and John saw in their visions the very same end-time beast kingdom/nation!
Daniel described that nation as that of "a little horn" that came out of the European kingdom, and waxed exceeding great", while John described it as "Babylon the great".
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

Here is a chart to help you out, jmf.  You see the Pope as the Beast?  And the Pope riding the Beast?  Huh... that's kinda confusing.  Which is it?

please point to a single post of mine over my 7+ years on this forum, where I ever said that I hold to the belief that the Pope is the Beast or that the Pope is riding the Beast.  If you would take the time to search for my use of the word "pope" on this forum, you'll find that my comments have been extremely neutral.

Better yet, why do you interpret my view that the Tribulation could begin within the next 20 years as being anti-Catholic?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »

Why do you not believe that DANIEL was speaking of America?  Both he and John saw in their visions the very same end-time beast kingdom/nation!
Daniel described that nation as that of "a little horn" that came out of the European kingdom, and waxed exceeding great", while John described it as "Babylon the great".

we've already been through this several months back.  And what I stated then is exactly what I am going to tell you now: I do NOT believe Babylon is the same entity as the Beast.  Babylon is riding the Beast, but Babylon is NOT the Beast.  Babylon will be hated by the Beast and destroyed by the Beast's authority.

So, basically, there is a world power (Babylon, the whore) who is subduing (riding) the Beast.  In order for the Beast to do what it wants to do (destroy the nation of Israel), it must destoy the world power (Babylon) that is controlling (riding) it.

That interpretation is NOT based on current events, rather it is based on what is pictured in the scripture.  However, my assignment of the identity of Babylon to America IS based upon current events because the attributes of Babylon listed in the bible fit almost EXACTLY the desription of America EXCEPT for one area: the blood of the saints was found in Babylon.  In time, even that may become a reality in America.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »

The Antichrist was upon the Earth, and he was so clever that he could be in two different persons at the same time. One was Adolf Hitler. The other was Josef Stalin. They brought about the Tribulation in the form of the Holocaust, the Great Purges, and the bloodiest war in inhuman history.

Both are gone forever.  We are far safer. It's up to us to avoid falling for demagogues and prophets of evil. The Soviet political system failed in 1924, and the German people failed in 1933.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »

Joe Republic, how did you get Prophetman's picture?  Oh wait -- that can't be him.  He hates him some "nigras"...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »

How many times do we have to hear this sermon?  You guys were not right the last 75 million times somebody said this exact same thing, why should we think you'll be right this time?  You're as bad as the envirowackos that can't tell if we're about to enter an ice age or have melting ice caps.  I'm not sure who is more annoying.  At least the environutjobs have been distracted lately by swinging from the end of Obama's dick, but they'll be back.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »

How many times do we have to hear this sermon?  You guys were not right the last 75 million times somebody said this exact same thing, why should we think you'll be right this time?  You're as bad as the envirowackos that can't tell if we're about to enter an ice age or have melting ice caps.  I'm not sure who is more annoying.  At least the environutjobs have been distracted lately by swinging from the end of Obama's dick, but they'll be back.

I wish I still had my copies of two books...

88 Reasons the Rapture Will Occurr in 1988 

and

89 Reasons the Rapture will Occur in 1989 (a revision)

I laughed my way through the first and was incredulous when the same, very nice and very earnest, people gave me the revision.

But can I blame them?  Hal Lindsey has made a fortune off Late Great Planet Earth which has been altered and revised every couple of years to posit a different antichrist, a different babylon, etc.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 05:17:55 AM »

It's fun to see what craziness they can come up with next.  This week, Magog and Gog are Germany?  Awesome!  What's this?  The volcanoes are all going to go off at the same time if we don't nationalize the donut industry?  Great!

Fundies and Environutjobs must have missed the week we went over "The Boy who cried Wolf" in the 2nd grade.  Probably at an Apocalypse:what can you do to save your friends? camp.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 05:28:23 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2009, 06:54:23 AM by prophetman »

we've already been through this several months back.  And what I stated then is exactly what I am going to tell you now: I do NOT believe Babylon is the same entity as the Beast.  Babylon is riding the Beast, but Babylon is NOT the Beast.  Babylon will be hated by the Beast and destroyed by the Beast's authority.

So, basically, there is a world power (Babylon, the whore) who is subduing (riding) the Beast.  In order for the Beast to do what it wants to do (destroy the nation of Israel), it must destoy the world power (Babylon) that is controlling (riding) it.

That interpretation is NOT based on current events, rather it is based on what is pictured in the scripture.  However, my assignment of the identity of Babylon to America IS based upon current events because the attributes of Babylon listed in the bible fit almost EXACTLY the desription of America EXCEPT for one area: the blood of the saints was found in Babylon.  In time, even that may become a reality in America.

>>>I do NOT believe that Babylon is the same entity as the Beast.  Babylon is riding the Beast but Babylon is NOT the Beast.<<<

John said in Rev.13:1, "And I, John, stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns."

Now jm, I want you to take a sheet of paper and pencil, and draw a beast, any beast you like.  That beast which you've drawn represents BABYLON THE GREAT, ie AMERICA.

Now draw 7 heads and 10 horns upon that beast.

Those "7 heads" represents the "7 continents of PEOPLE" that are upon America/Babylon.
The "10 horns" represents the European Americans, or "ten kings" as they're depicted in Rev.17:12.

The Babylon that John saw rising out of the sea in Rev.13:1 is the same Babylon which he described in Rev.17, and 18.

"The woman", "the harlot", "the ten kings", and even "Babylon" itself are all depictions of the Europeans Americans; a fallen people/nation at the end of the age.

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen", Rev.18:2 says.

America/Fallen Babylon is the same "temple of God" of which Paul spoke in 11Thes.2 when he declared, "there must first come "a falling away" before Christ can return to earth." 

And, it's the same "holy place" or "Christian" place of which Christ spoke in Matt.24:15.  AND the same nation and people of whom Daniel described as "a little horn" that came out of the Europe, and waxed exceeding great to the host of heaven".

These scriptures have nothing at all to do with the Pope or the Catholic Church.  That is just one of the great deceptions that's prevalent in the American Evangelical and Pentacostal Churches today.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »

Everybody, calm down. This country's been through worse sh!t than this. We're a very resilient nation. I have confidence in the ability of the United States to work through crises.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies