where are/will/did you attend college/university
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:31:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  where are/will/did you attend college/university
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: where are/will/did you attend college/university  (Read 8438 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »

The great Red and Black -- Northwestern Oklahoma State University Rangers in Alva, Oklahoma, an NAIA school.  I must say, though, that I got just as good of an education from NWOSU as those who went to an Ivy League school, but for a LOT less.

Completely false, but lie to yourself if that's what you need to do.

Are you saying that NWOSU is inferior quality to the Ivy's?

Uhh...duh?

Chortlesnort... he's actually not entirely incorrect.  Studies have shown that, after other variables are accounted for, a college education is a college education no matter where you go, and shows itself in earnings just the same.  The problem is that there's a huge confound: rich kids go to rich schools and have rich jobs after they graduate.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

The great Red and Black -- Northwestern Oklahoma State University Rangers in Alva, Oklahoma, an NAIA school.  I must say, though, that I got just as good of an education from NWOSU as those who went to an Ivy League school, but for a LOT less.

Uhh...duh?

Chortlesnort... he's actually not entirely incorrect.  Studies have shown that, after other variables are accounted for, a college education is a college education no matter where you go, and shows itself in earnings just the same.  The problem is that there's a huge confound: rich kids go to rich schools and have rich jobs after they graduate.

What other variables were they controlling for?
platypeanArchcow

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -7.65

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

Uhh...duh?

Earnings are a poor way to measure education.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies