24 Reminder thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:24:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  24 Reminder thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 24 Reminder thread  (Read 3420 times)
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 02:19:40 AM »

Prediction:

Red dies a hero's death before the day is done.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 07:37:40 AM »

bump

BTW...last week the show left off on a high note. It really does capitalize on how cowardly liberals are when it comes to facing enemy threats.

You do realize that Jack Bauer/Keifer Sutherland is a liberal, right? Besides, although the show is rather conservative in regards to torture, it is rather liberal, or at least dovish, when it comes to presidential affairs and foreign actions. 24 time and again shows warhawks as incompetent reactionaries.

Yup.  In real life, Kiefer Sutherland is a virtual antithesis of Jack Bauer.  

An interesting element they've added this season is really making a point of how desensitized and barbaric Jack Bauer is.  24 initally capitalized on the post-9/11 hawkishness that pervaded common American opinion when it debuted.  But times are much different now, so perhaps they're just having a delayed reaction.  I think it's a great turn for the show.  I like that they're driving the audience to look at Bauer critically, rather than simply with awe (he's invincible and he saves the world every season) or sympathy (he lost his family).

I think it's a little too transparent... I'm not really looking at Jack critically, I'm just pissed at the writers for turning Jack into some Gitmo posterboy.

It does show some the cowardliness of the current times we live. The show came on in November 2001 and when Jack shot a terrorist in the leg we all cheered...now they make him out to be the bad guy. We can not get complacent.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »

Those two episodes were without a doubt the best of the season so far.

Good two episodes. Loved the climate change message towards the end. Damn liburuls.

The what? Huh
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »

Who doesn't keep a beautiful pen and ink sketch of their terrorist target among their tactical maps?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »

Who doesn't keep a beautiful pen and ink sketch of their terrorist target among their tactical maps?

It would have been better had all the paramilitary guys been looking at a 20 dollar bill.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:09 PM »

Good two episodes. Loved the climate change message towards the end. Damn liburuls.

The what? Huh

There was a little info-bit from Sutherland around 9:50 that talked about what the 24 set was doing to reduce their carbon emissions. At least on my broadcast there was.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

As long as Buchanan and Pierce survive, I'll be happy. I don't really care about the President (she sucks, anyway. David Palmer would be able to stare down Tony Todd's character into submission) or any of the other hostages.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 09:26:36 PM »

The what? Huh

There was a little info-bit from Sutherland around 9:50 that talked about what the 24 set was doing to reduce their carbon emissions. At least on my broadcast there was.

Oh. Hulu had Gray Goose vodka commercials instead. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies