Potential-Governor Batman (D-NM) Hires Consultants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:20:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Potential-Governor Batman (D-NM) Hires Consultants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Potential-Governor Batman (D-NM) Hires Consultants  (Read 785 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:28:28 PM »

I never took this story seriously, especially because I used to think Denish was going to be able to run as an incumbent but now that he's done this...
http://haussamen.blogspot.com/2009/02/kilmer-hires-powerhouse-public.html

Val Kilmer has hired the Washington public relations firm McMahon, Squier & Associates to handle communications and media for his potential gubernatorial campaign, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

The move is a major step toward a gubernatorial run for an actor who has made a lot of noise about considering running for New Mexico governor in 2010 but taken no visible, concrete steps toward making it happen -- until now.

The hiring of the firm follows Kilmer’s visit to Washington, D.C. last week. While there, he met with political operatives and some members of the New Mexico congressional delegation.

McMahon Squier, according to the company’s Web site, specializes in communications, advertising production and strategic media placement. It’s one of the powerhouse firms in the Washington area, and clients listed on its Web site include the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, a governor and two members of Congress and the League of Conservation Voters.

Kilmer is a registered Democrat, and he would face Lt. Gov. Diane Denish and possibly others in a primary next year.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 05:46:42 PM »

I wish him luck against Denish.  He'll probably need it.  Although the NM economy and Richardson have really been hit hard of late, so who knows...  Denish is powerful down South - Kilmer will probably rely on the northern hippie-yuppie parts of NM, I guess.

If the NM Republican party wasn't such a joke (they haven't put anyone up for ABQ mayor, for example), I'd give them a half-way decent shot here, especially if Kilmer was the nominee.  Still want to see who they do eventually put up before saying too much.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

Democratic Reagan!  WOOO! lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length