NWA Polling & Research Co. XI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NWA Polling & Research Co. XI
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you plan on voting for in the Nationwide Special Election?
Chairman Marokai Blue

(Fmr.) AG Franzl

Fmr. AG BrandonH

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: NWA Polling & Research Co. XI  (Read 1726 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »

I decided to poll on the special election easier to poll. You have two days.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »

Brandon H, though all of the candidates are pretty good this time around.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »

I agree.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 11:46:47 PM »

Myself, of course. I do wish we could get a date for it.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:30:34 AM »

I will support the RPP candidate, Brandon, who is a good person. I will be preferencing Franzl. I like Marokai and I believe he has a lot to contribute and I wish him well. Whoever wins, I will lament the loss of the other two to the Senate. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 07:28:13 AM »

I suppose I'll be voting for myself, but I won't be crying if either of my opponents beats me.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 07:30:19 AM »

I really wish Marokai would move to the Mideast and challenge HappyWarrior.  I'm pretty happy with the regional senators other than him and I certainly don't think I would be able to help him in a senate race trying to pull 2 or 3 of my candidates over the finish line.  So yeah, I encourage him to do that
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:31:13 PM »

I really wish Marokai would move to the Mideast and challenge HappyWarrior.  I'm pretty happy with the regional senators other than him and I certainly don't think I would be able to help him in a senate race trying to pull 2 or 3 of my candidates over the finish line.  So yeah, I encourage him to do that

What is your damn problem with me DWTL?  What have I ever done to you?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »

Again
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »

We gave you an endorsement with the contingency that you would be pro-regions, and you did not live up to the expectations.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »

We gave you an endorsement with the contingency that you would be pro-regions, and you did not live up to the expectations.

In your view.  I have been good on regions, I have not voted for anything that has gotten rid of regional senate seats but neither have I voted for anything that will give them power over the federal government.  I am neither a federalist nor a regionalist but I do protect the rights the regions already have.  Are you the Regions rights party or the regions overriding power party?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »

Regions having more power than the federal government is what regional rights is all about.  You abstained on the most important amendment, the creation of the Council of Governors.  Sure afterwards you voted yes, but it was too late at that point
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »

Regions having more power than the federal government is what regional rights is all about.  You abstained on the most important amendment, the creation of the Council of Governors.  Sure afterwards you voted yes, but it was too late at that point

A Council of Governors would have violated the 'one office' rule and been unconstitutional not to mention counterproductive for the regions and the system of checks and balances.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »

A Council of Governors would have violated the 'one office' rule and been unconstitutional not to mention counterproductive for the regions and the system of checks and balances.

Unconstitutional isn't an issue with Constitutional amendments, now is it? Evil
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

The amendment creating the CoG never reformed the "one office" rule. It would have also required reforming a number of regional constitutions. This of course would have led less pro-region groups to likely block the amendments, creating a problem of under representation. It just gets really messy.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »

The amendment creating the CoG never reformed the "one office" rule. It would have also required reforming a number of regional constitutions. This of course would have led less pro-region groups to likely block the amendments, creating a problem of under representation. It just gets really messy.

That's how I interpreted it as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies