Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:44:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT)  (Read 6931 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: February 21, 2009, 02:32:33 AM »

lol, 7 votes have been from Washington so far.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »

Well as long as MasterJedi and Smid win, the RPP will the first party I can remember to hold half the senate seats.  Add in Al's open one and we may be looking at 6 if you can believe it Smiley

The Democratic Party had 7 seats in the First Senate back in 2004
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 01:40:52 AM »

^ No, from April 2004 to June 2004, the AFDNC held 7 seats. I'm pretty sure this is the record.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »

Absolutely. Remember what office he's currently holding.

And this is why people think Atlasia is dead! People not caring about activity at all while complaining the system is dead.

True. Look what JCP zombie voters are doing! Reelecting a president who did nothing and electing a senator who know nothing about Atlasia.

How dare people vote in an elections game!
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 12:49:15 AM »

I don't think Earl ever accepted write-ins for the Lief/Earl ticket, only Earl/Lief. I think that means those votes would automatically go to the next preference in the first round. Same with the invalid "Abolish regions" vote. Speed of Sound's VP doesn't actually exist, so I think his vote would be exhausted right away.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 04:56:44 AM »

It would be nice if more people would start declaring before the deadline, though. We always have an awful lot of write-ins.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 06:27:27 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2009, 06:30:19 PM by bgwah »

I find it interesting that Realisticidealist is too new to be a Senator, but the SDP didn't have a problem supporting Eraserhead. Who almost won, but failed to make the run-off since he didn't actually live in the region. Some stunning hypocrisy here. Realistic has shown more of an interest in Atlasia than Eraserhead. He first got invovled in Atlasia with out being asked by me. The party he first involved himself with collapsed and I saw someone who I thought fit my party well--someone who was interested in the game. I approached him asking him if he would be interested in running for the Senate as the JCP candidate. He may have otherwise lost interest in Atlasia in disappeared, but no, a new person is still playing the game. What's so wrong with this? Is MaxQue throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get to run unopposed?

Here is a simple fact many of you are ignoring: I campaigned. I PMed people I thought might vote for me and asked them to consider my ticket. I told them I would be more than happy to answer any questions if they needed some convincing. Did any other candidates do this? I doubt many if any did, aside from similarly attacked DWDL. I didn't even ask Phil to vote for me--he just did--and I must say I find it preposterous that someone who served as President eight  months ago is somehow unqualified to vote.

And I don't just campaign exclusively for myself. I take it upon myself as party chairman to support my party's candidates.

Sorry to sound harsh, but some of you are really being sore losers. I hope we can get over any hard feelings and work together in the coming months to better Atlasia.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »

I see your point, Bgwah, and I understand. I'm not holding you at fault for all the zombies, but it seems as if the JCP is full of them. Where were the JCP members in the runup to my bid for Lt. Governor several months ago? Nowhere, not until election day and a campaign for Alcon suddenly sparked up and elected him sweepingly, and after Alcon became Lt. Governor (Didn't he resign as Governor at one point?) for the fourth time he's posted only twice in the legislature, only one was anything of substance.

Now in the Pacific's Regional Senate seat race, where were the JCP members? Certainly none in the poll NCYankee ran.

Even I didn't vote in that poll. What was the point? Not to mention the awful public format.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If what you were saying is true, then Torie would have never won. JCP members do pay attention and they don't always vote for the JCP candidate.

I did not ask Phil to vote for me. He found the voting booth on his own and decided to vote for me. Someone who doesn't pay any attention to Atlasia would not have done that on their own. Furthermore, I again must state how ridiculous I find your "activity" definition. Being President as recently as eight months ago is inactive? All I can say to that is "whatever." Neither of them are JCP, either.

BRTD has done lots. He was Mideast Senator most recently. Rocket, no. Sensei was definitely an active member within the past year (didn't ask him to vote for me either, nor is he JCP). Opebo serves on the Supreme Court (and has voted for Xahar over the JCP candidate in the past). Lunar has definitely been posting in the Atlasian sections quite a bit lately, and I'm surprised you included him here. Volksliberalist is again, not a JCP member, nor did I contact him, though I of course am grateful for his support.

Aside from Ogis, Max only got two votes. Even with your ultra-strict definition of activity, he would have lost to Realisticidealist by at least a 2-to-1 margin.

Did Max ever contact any of us and ask us for our support? I sure never received any PMs. He didn't even try. Torie and Xahar reached out to JCP members with some success--you simply demonize us and whine.

And you would reduce Atlasia to about a dozen or so people. Talk about a nail in the coffin.

I also noticed you skipped the Eraserhead part of my post. Why is it only okay when your party supports a newbie?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies