Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Election Tracker (FINAL RESULT)  (Read 6907 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:55 PM »

I knew the Pacific Senate would be brutal....but wow.

The JCP tends to disappear until election day, and then they vote in droves.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

I hope my fellow Atlasian's grant me a moment of weakness while I fall into a little bit of a partisan statement here.

What in the world are Bgwah and Meeker getting votes for? What in heaven's name have they done? Bgwah is a respectable guy but I haven't seen anything spectacular done under his name, and Meeker is a habitually late to legislation and freely admits to being lazy and inactive. Why do these people deserve votes?

This is the problem with Atlasia. People who don't do a damn thing get elected by people in a party who don't do a damn thing until election day.

[/weakness]
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:46 PM »

Oh great, I'm in charge of the Senate again.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:59:17 PM »

President

[ x ] bgwah/VP Meeker [meekermariner]
Jesus Christ Party/Silver Regional Protection Party

Northeast Senator

[ x ] Write-in: Smid

Another vote for Bgwah from such an active member in Atlasia!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:29:20 AM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2009, 09:47:30 PM by Chairman Marokai Blue »

I find it interesting that Realisticidealist is too new to be a Senator, but the SDP didn't have a problem supporting Eraserhead. Who almost won, but failed to make the run-off since he didn't actually live in the region. Some stunning hypocrisy here. Realistic has shown more of an interest in Atlasia than Eraserhead. He first got invovled in Atlasia with out being asked by me. The party he first involved himself with collapsed and I saw someone who I thought fit my party well--someone who was interested in the game. I approached him asking him if he would be interested in running for the Senate as the JCP candidate. He may have otherwise lost interest in Atlasia in disappeared, but no, a new person is still playing the game. What's so wrong with this? Is MaxQue throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get to run unopposed?

Here is a simple fact many of you are ignoring: I campaigned. I PMed people I thought might vote for me and asked them to consider my ticket. I told them I would be more than happy to answer any questions if they needed some convincing. Did any other candidates do this? I doubt many if any did, aside from similarly attacked DWDL. I didn't even ask Phil to vote for me--he just did--and I must say I find it preposterous that someone who served as President eight  months ago is somehow unqualified to vote.

And I don't just campaign exclusively for myself. I take it upon myself as party chairman to support my party's candidates.

Sorry to sound harsh, but some of you are really being sore losers. I hope we can get over any hard feelings and work together in the coming months to better Atlasia.

I see your point, Bgwah, and I understand. I'm not holding you at fault for all the zombies, but it seems as if the JCP is full of them. Where were the JCP members in the runup to my bid for Lt. Governor several months ago? Nowhere, not until election day and a campaign for Alcon suddenly sparked up and elected him sweepingly, and after Alcon became Lt. Governor (Didn't he resign as Governor at one point?) for the fourth time he's posted only twice in the legislature, only one was anything of substance.

Now in the Pacific's Regional Senate seat race, where were the JCP members? Certainly none in the poll NCYankee ran. And who did you run? You ran an Atlasian newbie who was previously a right-hand-man for Ogis in a troll party. Are we sore losers? Maybe. But I know Max is qualified for more than where he is now, he's a dedicated and active member of Atlasia and has been for a good long while and he deserves more than the 'JCP Candidate To Be Determined' does. Max isn't throwing a hissy fit because he didn't run unopposed, we're upset because he ran against a JCP nobody who was elected by people who barely had a grasp on anything concerning Atlasia. (Whenever they bothered to show their faces.)

Has PBrunsel done anything lately? Has Phil posted even three times (aside from the last couple days) in the Fantasy Elections board since we came into a new year? Has BRTD done anything, ever? What about phknrocket1k? Sensei? Opebo? Lunar? Volksliberalist? I didn't even know half these people were registered until they voted!

I'm not blaming you for this, I hardly consider you the person at fault for this, but the fact is zombies have infiltrated every election and thrown it away from people that deserve it. Your Vice President doesn't even deserve to be on the ticket considering how much the senators have had to fight to get his attention on legislation. And no, I'm not saying Andrew was the epitome of activity, but I would have rather had something different rather than just casting my vote for the same thing. (Though admittedly I 2nd pref'd you).

I don't like being angry, I don't like being bitter, I don't like being partisan here in Atlasia. But Max is one of the most dedicated members of my party and one of the most active here in Atlasia, and he's most certainly not a sore loser throwing a hissy fit.

Edit: Afleitch was right, it's not about positions, its not about governing, its not about being active or even proposing anything. It's about getting as many zombies on your team as possible, it's about getting the herd to the polls to elect you (not you specifically) and nothing more. If we had stricter activity requirements we wouldn't be in such a deep pile of the undead, but something tells me half the JCP would disappear if we actually started ramping up posting requirements.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 02:14:13 AM »

From when, exactly, and have you done anything since? It's difficult to tell since the Wiki is wildly inaccurate.

Also, to Bgwah, if I posted only twice from now to Halloween, am I an active member?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies