Going furniture shopping today!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Going furniture shopping today!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Going furniture shopping today!!  (Read 686 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2009, 09:50:25 AM »

I have been in my apartment now for almost 2 1/2 months, and I am finally going furniture shopping to add to my apartment.  Currently, I've only got a recliner, a twin-size bed, and a 27" High-Def TV.  I'm going to spring for a sofa and upgrade to a full-size bed and hope to have it delivered Tuesday after I get home from the doctor.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »

Um... good luck?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:59:52 AM »

Wow, you must be rich BushOK, or flirting with that Demon Credit.  I only furnished my apartments back in the States one way - 'Dumpster Diving'. 

Actually I'm not sure that's exactly the right term as I've never been in or even looked in a dumpster, but we used to always just drive around and pick up furniture people had tossed out onto the curb for collection by the refuse men.  I got some useable stuff that way, even including a computer moniter and a stereo.  Of course we did have to throw the sofas and settees back out about 1/3 of the time due to offensive odours manifesting themselves soon after installation.

I'll admit I also got old bits and peices from home, and very rarely sprang for an item from the thrift store, but mostly I lived on castoffs.  It was great.  The student life for me!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:26:28 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2009, 12:32:02 PM by Oklahoma City Thunder »

Just got home, and ended up with a nice sofa and full-sze mattress and frame for just a little under $900 combined.  The good thing is, I didnt have to pay a dime of it.  My mother bought the sofa and my grandmother bought the bed.  Both are my birthday presents this year, even though my birthday is not until April 29.

EDIT:  The furniture will be delivered this Tuesday.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies