Going to the doctor tomorrow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Going to the doctor tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Going to the doctor tomorrow  (Read 1142 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

I've got kind of a worrisome doctor's appointment Tuesday morning at 9:00 am.  The thruxt of the appointment will be about my blood pressure which is high.  I was first diagnosed with high blood pressure in February 2008, but at the time, had no health insurance so I couldn't get any real treatment for it.  Now, we're nearly 13 months later and I finally have health insurance from United HealthCare.  What's worrisome about it is that when I checked it on a home monitor back in early October 2008 it showed a high stage 1/low stage 2 hypertension case which, according to WebMD.com, could basically mean lights out by 35 years old should it not get treated.  Now, I know home monitors should be taken with a grain of salt and sometimes misrepresent the actual blood pressure.  Then, when I got my physical for my job right before Christmas, it showed it was down to a low stage 1.  That eased my nerves just a bit.  I've been trying to watch what I eat and cut down on my soda pop intake and increase my water intake for the past 10 days.  I've lost about 4-5 pounds in the past week.  I just don't know what to expect in terms of HBP treatment.  I don't know what kind of medicine he'll put me on, dont know what kind of diet he'll put me on, if any.  So, I'm kinda nervous.

If you would keep me in your thoughts and your prayers tomorrow, I would appreciate it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »

You are in my prayers, my friend.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »

I hope the doctor gives you the best possible news. I'll certainly be praying for you.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:48:11 PM »

Relax, man. You're going to the doctor for high blood pressure. It's a very treatable condition. He'll write you a presciption and you'll be all set.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

Start to take care of yourself and you won't have problems. When you get medication for it, try to get to the point where you don't need it as soon as possible. Mid-twenty men should not have to be worrying about high blood pressure if they take care of themselves: so start.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05:05 AM »

Ask your doctor about the "Oklahoma Natural Gas" you've been having while you're there.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 03:21:50 AM »

You'll be in my prayers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

Thank you, friends!!  I did weigh myself this morning after I woke up and I'm up to 5 pounds lost in the past 9 days.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »

I wish you all the best. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 03:49:43 PM »

How on earth did you get health insurance?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 03:55:48 PM »

How on earth did you get health insurance?

I knew this was coming!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »

I got back from the doctor this morning around 10:30 CT.  Had a good, short visit with him.  My blood pressure was measured at 154/100 which puts the systolic (top number) in stage 1 range and the diatolic (bottom number) at the border of stage 1 and stage 2 hypertension.  He told me not to worry, first of all.  Then, he gave me some samples of that Diovan to bring down my blood pressure and told me to come back in three weeks and we'll go from there and possibly put me on a real prescription of the Diovan.  I've got an appointment scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 at 8:45 am.  Like I said in my post late last night, I have lost five pounds in the past 10 days, so I'm headed in the right direction, anyway.

And, to answer opebo's inquiry, I'm working for one of the most recession-resistant companies and industries in the country, namely, the energy industry and the company of ONEOK, Inc and its main distribution company, Oklahoma Natural Gas.  I've got my medical and prescription insurance through United Health Care.  Its my first real dose of health insurance since I was under my father's insurance in my schooling years.  That coverage dropped me in December 2004, so I've had nothing for about 50 months.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »

I got back from the doctor this morning around 10:30 CT.  Had a good, short visit with him.  My blood pressure was measured at 154/100 which puts the systolic (top number) in stage 1 range and the diatolic (bottom number) at the border of stage 1 and stage 2 hypertension.  He told me not to worry, first of all.  Then, he gave me some samples of that Diovan to bring down my blood pressure and told me to come back in three weeks and we'll go from there and possibly put me on a real prescription of the Diovan.  I've got an appointment scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 at 8:45 am.  Like I said in my post late last night, I have lost five pounds in the past 10 days, so I'm headed in the right direction, anyway.

And, to answer opebo's inquiry, I'm working for one of the most recession-resistant companies and industries in the country, namely, the energy industry and the company of ONEOK, Inc and its main distribution company, Oklahoma Natural Gas.  I've got my medical and prescription insurance through United Health Care.  Its my first real dose of health insurance since I was under my father's insurance in my schooling years.  That coverage dropped me in December 2004, so I've had nothing for about 50 months.

What did they say about your Oklahoma Natural Gas?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »

I've got kind of a worrisome doctor's appointment Tuesday morning at 9:00 am.  The thruxt of the appointment will be about my blood pressure which is high.  I was first diagnosed with high blood pressure in February 2008, but at the time, had no health insurance so I couldn't get any real treatment for it.  Now, we're nearly 13 months later and I finally have health insurance from United HealthCare.  What's worrisome about it is that when I checked it on a home monitor back in early October 2008 it showed a high stage 1/low stage 2 hypertension case which, according to WebMD.com, could basically mean lights out by 35 years old should it not get treated.  Now, I know home monitors should be taken with a grain of salt and sometimes misrepresent the actual blood pressure.  Then, when I got my physical for my job right before Christmas, it showed it was down to a low stage 1.  That eased my nerves just a bit.  I've been trying to watch what I eat and cut down on my soda pop intake and increase my water intake for the past 10 days.  I've lost about 4-5 pounds in the past week.  I just don't know what to expect in terms of HBP treatment.  I don't know what kind of medicine he'll put me on, dont know what kind of diet he'll put me on, if any.  So, I'm kinda nervous.

If you would keep me in your thoughts and your prayers tomorrow, I would appreciate it.

You can get high blood pressure medicine that costs less than $10/month.

I'd talk to your insurance company about helping offset the cost of a gym membership and if you really think you have a problem, ask your doctor about an appetite suppressant.. oh, and take a multivitamin. 

I think this is one area where all three of you, your doctor, and your insurance company want to help.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »

I'll be praying for you!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies