I'm officially in college
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:40:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm officially in college
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I'm officially in college  (Read 3528 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

I enrolled today at a local campus, very tiny, quiet, not many people, 3rd floor building, new...my kind of place. I have five classes: Earth Science, English, Sociology, Philosophy, and "Humanity". I already know I will likely chew my own arms off in "Philosophy" and "Humanity"..but the courses end May 20th and my Air Force recruiter told me that with those 15 semester hrs, I can ship out to Basic Training by June or July.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »

Congrats, Mr Naso. I'm sure you'll tear em up in the classroom and on the battlefield!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »

Good Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »

I never thought I'd see the day. What a milestone.

Naso left me a voicemail about this, saying how he'll go crazy if his professors get all philosophical on him. I wish there was a way Naso could tape his classes so that we'd get to see and hear Naso's classroom contributions.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »

I never thought I'd see the day. What a milestone.

Naso left me a voicemail about this, saying how he'll go crazy if his professors get all philosophical on him. I wish there was a way Naso could tape his classes so that we'd get to see and hear Naso's classroom contributions.

He could just tape them if he has something to record them with. I doubt they're going to complain about it really.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:18 PM »

Time to throw away the books and find yourself a pair of co-eds yaddamean?
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »

Naso,

Just DON'T when you feel like rebuking a professor, just look for girls and get the credit instead.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2009, 09:10:47 PM by Reaganfan »

I had English and Earth Science today. The Science class only had two other people and my English class only had 10 or less. I like the small size, already know lots of the names...and I like one of the mature single women who is in my English class. I actually spoke to her unlike my PA counterpart, Keystone Phil. (Just kidding, buddy) We were both there before anyone else in the room alone, so we chatted a while...then we spoke as we left and she said, very friendly, "Bye...I'll see you on Monnnndayyyy." I like her, she's cool. Smiley

Oh yeah, I made the English class laugh more than anything, the best was when the teacher mentioned the fire at the other campus was the reason that we didn't have books, so when he showed some kind of philosophical statue with "ashes to ashes" I said aloud, "Well, we can thank the ashes to ashes for getting rid of our books" which was meant with laughter. The best was when the teacher mentioned controversial education issues and brought up how some want same-gender classrooms and I quipped, "They'll probably like it in San Francisco." Everyone got a good laugh out of that.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »

I think my first college class had ~700 people
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »

Congrats man.  Just don't chew your arms off too badly, you might need them in the USAF. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 09:31:28 PM »

I think my first college class had ~700 people

The most people I ever had in a college class was like 30... and that was environmental biology... and I got to see where human poo gets recycled into phosphorus cakes that get spread onto the corn fields around town.  Mmmmm.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

Oh yeah, I made the English class laugh more than anything, the best was when the teacher mentioned the fire at the other campus was the reason that we didn't have books, so when he showed some kind of philosophical statue with "ashes to ashes" I said aloud, "Well, we can thank the ashes to ashes for getting rid of our books" which was meant with laughter.

Getting your money's worth in that class, eh?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:49:46 PM »

What happened to the whole military thing?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »

What happened to the whole military thing?

That's why he's doing this. He needs fifteen semester hours before he goes into some special training or something.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »

Oh yeah, I made the English class laugh more than anything, the best was when the teacher mentioned the fire at the other campus was the reason that we didn't have books, so when he showed some kind of philosophical statue with "ashes to ashes" I said aloud, "Well, we can thank the ashes to ashes for getting rid of our books" which was meant with laughter.

Getting your money's worth in that class, eh?

Ouch. That was a good one...almost as good as your mother's hot rack.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 10:19:31 PM »

and I like one of the mature single women who is in my English class.

By the way, Naso just told me she's about fifty years old.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »

and I like one of the mature single women who is in my English class.

By the way, Naso just told me she's about fifty years old.

Between say.....38 and 50, sure. But hey, if it ain't broke...don't throw it away. I'm not shallow like many my age.

We all know Phil dreams of a former Senator, with a leash attached, naked, covered in steamy Raspberry sauce barking and yelling out conservative talking points. "WOOF! WOOF! LOWER TAXES!"
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:44:22 AM »

Oh no. Why on earth are you attending college with old folks? Why not go after a nice girl your age?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 02:50:42 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2009, 02:52:37 AM by Lunar »

Naso, you'd enjoy the movie Harold and Maude

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_and_Maude
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 04:52:04 AM »

Oh no. Why on earth are you attending college with old folks? Why not go after a nice girl your age?

I may be Italian and come across likable, but guys like me don't get the hotties my own age.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »

Hey! That's one of my all-time favorites.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »

I had English and Earth Science today. The Science class only had two other people and my English class only had 10 or less. I like the small size, already know lots of the names...and I like one of the mature single women who is in my English class. I actually spoke to her unlike my PA counterpart, Keystone Phil. (Just kidding, buddy) We were both there before anyone else in the room alone, so we chatted a while...then we spoke as we left and she said, very friendly, "Bye...I'll see you on Monnnndayyyy." I like her, she's cool. Smiley

Oh yeah, I made the English class laugh more than anything, the best was when the teacher mentioned the fire at the other campus was the reason that we didn't have books, so when he showed some kind of philosophical statue with "ashes to ashes" I said aloud, "Well, we can thank the ashes to ashes for getting rid of our books" which was meant with laughter. The best was when the teacher mentioned controversial education issues and brought up how some want same-gender classrooms and I quipped, "They'll probably like it in San Francisco." Everyone got a good laugh out of that.

Naso, can I beg of you question, please whatever you do - never change.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »

Naso, can I beg of you question, please whatever you do - never change.

Other than essential change, like schools and careers and underwear...my mindset has and always will be the same.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 04:28:15 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2009, 04:34:55 PM by Reaganfan »

Well, I'm about to leave for my 5pm to 9pm classes...Intro to Humanity was alright. We went through a poem about a woman's voice (like music), hair (like wires) breasts (dark not fair skinned) and had to fine tooth comb it. Then we went through the history of civilization.

More later.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »

I'm really enjoying this play-by-play!  Takes me back.

I have to admit I have an ulterior motive in watching however - I'm rooting or Naso to start enjoying life (at least enough to give up the frightful idea of joining the military).

Sounds like a neat little school, Naso.  Community College?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies