HI-01 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:58:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  HI-01 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-01  (Read 9809 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »

Okay first of all, Lunar and Fake Yellow Light needs to get a room Smiley haha.

Old PVI was R+19 vs. D+7. Now, Bush-Cheney overperformed in Hawaii in '04; however, the '08 results were waaaaay more skewed by Obama's coming from Hawaii.

(But then again, McCain was military.)

Good point. How well Bush and Cheney did in this blue state bastion has baffled me. I know that 2004 was a big Republican year because of all the Bible thumpers and religious right-wing nut jobs and hicks that turned out to support Bush because they injected gay marriage into the election but I thought Hawaii was a fairly progressive state that wouldn't vote for these types. I expected Kerry to get at least into the 60-percents in Hawaii but alas he didn't. Interesting.

As it pertains to HI-01, I think hell will freeze over before a Republican holds this seat. Hawaii is one of the bluest states in the nation with an extremely slim bench there. As someone previously mentioned, there are only six (out of 51 total) Republicans in the Hawaii House of Representatives and only two Republicans in the Hawaii State Senate (out of 25 total). Heck, the only Republican from Hawaii I know of is Gov. Linda Lingle and I'm sure she will challenge Sen. Daniel Inouye (D) and will probably be crushed which will pretty much turn Hawaii into another New England where Republicans are completely shut off. Maybe the Republicans can get Secretary of State James Aiona (R) to run for the HI-01 seat, but I still see it going to the Democrats regardless of who the candidate is.
[/quote]

Hawaii tends to be pro-incumbent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies