Some political appointment attention whoring.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:36:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Some political appointment attention whoring.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some political appointment attention whoring.  (Read 2414 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2009, 12:57:37 PM »

Smiley

http://phillygop.com/wardleaders.html

http://seventy.org/Resources_Ward_Leaders.aspx

Check the bottom of both pages (though they totally butchered my first and last name in the first link).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »

I want everyone to remember this...

The Asshat of the Month Award goes to...

Keystone Phil

For posting two links that leads to a page with my cell phone number.

I got a call as I was heading to school, didn't recognize the number and let it go to voicemail. I instantly remembered that these links have my number and knew it was someone from the forum prank calling (the voicemail was stupid, by the way). I called back and this guy answered, laughing and asking if it was Phil. I asked who it was and he said, "Check the area code." For whatever reason, I knew right off the bat that it was BRTD.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

Phillip G. Lannamorato

i like it

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:23 PM »

Impressive!  What are your responsibilities as Ward Leader?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:42:39 PM »

awesome!

by the way, lolbrtd
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 02:59:44 PM »

"Iannamorato" doesn't mean anything, but it sounds better than "Innamorato" which always makes me think of Junichi Inamoto. I'd follow their suggestion and change it if I were you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »

Cool. So. How long till you accept your first bribe?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 04:11:57 PM »

For the record, the "stupid" voicemail was just me playing a clip from a trailer that I quoted earlier on the forum today:

"Don't get all drunk and fall asleep"

"Why?"

"Cause I'll jack off on your face."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 06:34:08 PM »

Phillip G. Lannamorato

i like it

Tongue

I-n-n-a-m-o-r-a-t-o

And then went to correct it but still have an extra "L" in Philip and added a random "A" into my last name.

"Iannamorato" doesn't mean anything, but it sounds better than "Innamorato" which always makes me think of Junichi Inamoto. I'd follow their suggestion and change it if I were you.

Sad

Impressive!  What are your responsibilities as Ward Leader?

We're the face and voice of the party in our respective areas. We are elected every four years by our committee people (I'm technically also a committeeman). We make sure our Republican candidates get on the ballot by circulating petitions, work our precincts for our candidates, get our precincts covered by workers (both partisan workers and election board workers) at every election, see to it that our polling places are accessible, etc.

This isn't really the way it is anymore (well, at least not in my area with my party) but ward leaders are also informal community leaders. The neighborhoods that we represent should also know us on non-partisan level. I want to try to introduce that but I have a lot of work cut out for me on the partisan end. The ward can be good but it needs a lot of work to just get to "good." Right now, for the GOP, it's a well below average ward. Check here for results in the 2008 races under the 65th ward - http://filter.phillyelectionresults.com/comprehensive.aspx

We're a racially diverse ward, too, so that explains why it is very Democratic. My area (the northern part) is a swing/slight lean Republican area.

Cool. So. How long till you accept your first bribe?

No, no, Al. I'm one of the reformers within my party. I identify with the progressives in the city on a lot of stuff. My hands will remain clean.  Wink
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »

I hope you enjoy being in a party that doesn't care to spell your name right.  Wink

Seriously, though, congratulations.  It's a thankless job, so I feel that someone has to show some appreciation for the crap you're going to have to put up with.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 06:42:35 PM »

I hope you enjoy being in a party that doesn't care to spell your name right.  Wink

Oh, I can go into this but I won't do that. Wink

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Haha, yeah, it kind of is a thankless job. I only say "kind of" because it does have its perks with party leaders. If you build up a good ward, you get attention and all kinds of treats.  Smiley

But there is a lot of work that needs to be done and I expect petty problems to pop up all the time. It happens to even the best wards. My ward is especially difficult. I didn't mention it here but I am not the fifth Ward leader in five years and that includes our "Interim Ward leader" who I just replaced. He served for three years.

I'm going to be the subject of a blurb in one of our local papers so that'll be nice.  Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »

We're the face and voice of the party in our respective areas. We are elected every four years by our committee people (I'm technically also a committeeman). We make sure our Republican candidates get on the ballot by circulating petitions, work our precincts for our candidates, get our precincts covered by workers (both partisan workers and election board workers) at every election, see to it that our polling places are accessible, etc.

Seems similar to my position, which by default makes me the Tory 'spokesman' for issues affecting the ward I stood in at the last council election. The brief is a lot tighter though Smiley
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »

No wonder you lose, then your opposition is this hot:

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 08:27:18 PM »

Philadelphia must be an interesting place with names like "Butts, Supple, and Duda"

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »

No wonder you lose, then your opposition is this hot:

LOL! Joan!

Joan is a legend and, as you mentioned, she's my Dem Ward leader counterpart. She is a major reason why this ward is so strong for the Dems. Almost everyone loves her. Everyone "knows" her (including the half of my family in her district). Luckily, I am the one precinct in my ward that belongs to the 10th district (home to the only district Republican Councilman). And, yes, she sounds exactly how she looks.  Tongue

Philadelphia must be an interesting place with names like "Butts, Supple, and Duda"

Hahaha!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »

Sad

I was angling for a Tongue

Sad

Although I really think that Iannamorato sounds great.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 08:16:32 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2009, 09:21:37 AM by Lewis (sorry, mate). »

Right now, for the GOP, it's a well below average ward. Check here for results in the 2008 races under the 65th ward - http://filter.phillyelectionresults.com/comprehensive.aspx

Doesn't look below Philly average for me. Not at all. Of course, maybe that's just at the federal level and there are a number of areas where you do worse federally but better in statewide/citywide/etc races? That sort of thing might also be more easily influenced by ward organization etc.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 09:01:28 AM »

Congratulations mate! Over here that would probably make you a branch chairman or electorate council chairman.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »

Right now, for the GOP, it's a well below average ward. Check here for results in the 2008 races under the 65th ward - http://filter.phillyelectionresults.com/comprehensive.aspx

Doesn't look below Philly average for me. Not at all. Of course, maybe that's just at the federal level and there are a number of areas where you do worse federally but better in statewide/citywide/etc races? That sort of thing might also be more easily influenced by ward organization etc.

Sure it's above city average but that's not exactly the standard we try to live up to here.  Tongue

We tend to do worse in the local races because of our organization and the strength of the Dems on the local level.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

Heheheheh.  Pretty funny BRTD.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »

I know this doesn't help my argument that I don't have a big ego but...

http://issuu.com/phillyrecord/docs/pr-475-p?mode=embed&documentId=090226143102-9721fc5b62ac4bde91c96fef479b3e57&layout=grey

I'm on the fourth page (at the top) and on the 28th (under "Elephant.")

Tongue

I won't post a link to the blurb about this from the Northeast Times.  Wink
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »

I know this doesn't help my argument that I don't have a big ego but...

http://issuu.com/phillyrecord/docs/pr-475-p?mode=embed&documentId=090226143102-9721fc5b62ac4bde91c96fef479b3e57&layout=grey

I'm on the fourth page (at the top) and on the 28th (under "Elephant.")

Tongue

I won't post a link to the blurb about this from the Northeast Times.  Wink

Good articles!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »

Congratulations, Phil.  I try to avoid posting when my name gets into the paper.  Smiley

I have a blog, but it's in another media market.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies