The police proves once again how disgusting they are
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The police proves once again how disgusting they are
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The police proves once again how disgusting they are  (Read 1510 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2009, 03:38:57 AM »

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/2/28/74056/7691/855/702911

Pigs!
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:45:51 AM »

Oh come now...we can spend the whole day picking out professions whose members commit crimes, but we don't claim the whole profession acts the same...do we?

unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:00:55 AM »

Not the whole profession but can you honestly say that such attitudes are not very common in the police force?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 05:01:13 AM »

I thought this sounded familiar - it happened back in 2006 as the article states. And I'm sure there was already a thread for it then.. and there aren't any real updates to the case as far as I can see.
wildfood
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 07:15:35 AM »

Not the whole profession but can you honestly say that such attitudes are not very common in the police force?

Yes, I can.

It is very uncommon for a police officer to want to arrest the wrong person and then violate their own policy on strip searches.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 07:16:57 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2009, 07:47:21 AM by opebo »

Oh come now...we can spend the whole day picking out professions whose members commit crimes, but we don't claim the whole profession acts the same...do we?

The Police are a state sanctioned gang whose purpose is to abuse (subjugate) the poors.  There's a difference between that and occasional misbehaviour by civilians.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 07:19:47 AM »

The alternatives to cops are awesome, it's suprising we haven't switched to one of them yet.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:33 AM »

The alternatives to cops are awesome, it's suprising we haven't switched to one of them yet.

Yes, cops are much cheaper for the ruling class than redistribution would be.   In other words the stick is much cheaper than the carrot.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

Members of other professions commit crimes too, but when they do their colleagues don't systematically lie, cheat and cover up to protect them.

Moreover, cops have basically a legal monopoly in violence, so they should be held to higher standards than otherwise.
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »

Yes, cops are much cheaper for the ruling class than redistribution would be.   In other words the stick is much cheaper than the carrot.

Yes, because redistribution creates equality to the point of crime disappearing. Somehow, I don't believe it. 
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 04:13:21 PM »

Roll Eyes

A few bad cops does not a bad profession make.

Some form of coercion is necessary to maintain social order and cohesion.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »

Yes, I can.

It is very uncommon for a police officer to want to arrest the wrong person and then violate their own policy on strip searches.

Whatever dude... Here's another example of police violence:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/01/police-custody-assault-video

And all of that happened because she called them fat pigs.  You still think the police is innocent?

I can find more if you like (the other day I was reading an article about an Alabama sheriff letting his inmates starve to death).
As long as the police and army are full of thugs and idiots continue defending them because we need "law and order", incidents like this will continue happening.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »

Yes, I can.

And all of that happened because she called them fat pigs.  You still think the police is innocent?

I can find more if you like (the other day I was reading an article about an Alabama sheriff letting his inmates starve to death).
As long as the police and army are full of thugs and idiots continue defending them because we need "law and order", incidents like this will continue happening.

I could find numerous living examples of black people who meet negative stereotypes about black people - would that be sufficient to judge all black people? All you are providing is anecdotal evidence, which isn't sufficient to judge the entire profession or even to say how common it is.
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »

Yes, I can.

I could find numerous living examples of black people who meet negative stereotypes about black people - would that be sufficient to judge all black people? All you are providing is anecdotal evidence, which isn't sufficient to judge the entire profession or even to say how common it is.

Does the fact that this is the profession with the largest percentage of people cheating on their wives mean anything to you?  I honestly cannot believe there are people who don't feel the police needs to be better controlled and that the hiring procedure should become completely different than it is now.
I can present to you all kind of data if you want me to, but common sense would be enough I think.

BTW instead of making ridiculous arguments, why don't YOU show me something that proves what I'm saying isn't true?
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »

BTW instead of making ridiculous arguments, why don't YOU show me something that proves what I'm saying isn't true?

To disprove a generalization, all a person needs is one example to the contrary.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 03:56:02 PM »

Pfft, like this is news:

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »

I'm reminded of a case in Minneapolis where one cop had a contact in a gang. Reportedly for $100 he gave out that guy the name of an actual police informant in the organization, who then later turned up dead. Another disgusting pig.

Luckily after that came to light the guy was not only fired but arrested and will likely be charged as an accesorry to murder.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies