The government are a bunch of bankers.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:19:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  The government are a bunch of bankers.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The government are a bunch of bankers.  (Read 1226 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

The government have been gripped with a case of 'headless chickenism' (Latin anyone?) As part of a bland grand strategy of trying to blame the bankers for the economic crisis in order to cover up it's part responsibility for the same (I expect Thatcher to be blamed once the bankers have been exhausted)

There has a been a great flailing of lims over RBS chief Sir Fred Goodwin's payoff pension. Hang him the people cry! The government are furious, even though their City Minister Lord Myner approved it. Now Sir Fred was just plain old Fred until Gordon personally approved him for a knighthood and last week there were signals from the government that he should be stripped of that knighthood.

Today Harriet Harman called on Goodwin's pension to claw back the pension...even if the current law says he can keep it. F-ck the law.

The Tories have called this 'synthetic anger' and I think there is a point. The government is trying so hard to look as if it's being though and angry and is 'doing something', it's making itself look stupid.

Please get back to some serious politics k thnx.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »

Mostly its because of the partial selling off of the Royal Mail; an attempt to district backbench-and-grassroots anger elsewhere.

It isn't as though the chosen targets are exactly undeserving anyway. Meh.

Please get back to some serious politics k thnx.

That assumes that there has ever been such a thing as serious politics Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:56:49 PM »

Mostly its because of the partial selling off of the Royal Mail; an attempt to district backbench-and-grassroots anger elsewhere.

It isn't as though the chosen targets are exactly undeserving anyway. Meh.

I get the feeling it's not working. I'm still trying to get some nice quotes from Gordon back when Heseltine tried to do the same thing back in '94 Grin Still thinking of '94 I probably shouldn't be too suprised with recent events; it's what governments tend to do before they die.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »

Who else is to blame if not Thatcher?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies