Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 10:20:59 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | | |-+  Delegates, please sign in here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Delegates, please sign in here  (Read 11355 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:20:20 pm »
Ignore

Taking the initiative, I, as a selected delegate from the Northeast, am opening a sign-up for all selected convention delegates. I will keep a roster here as well as other information for delegates. Please, if you have been selected by your Region, indicate your presence at the Convention below.

Delegates from the Northeast (5)
Verily     X Verily
Lief     X Lief
AndrewCT     X AndrewCT
Smid     X Smid
Conor Flynn

Delegates from the Southeast (3)
BrandonH      X BrandonH
Daniel Adams     X Daniel Adams
DWTL     X DWTL

Delegates from the Mideast (4)
Afleitch      X Afleitch
Hashemite       X Hashemite
South Park Conservative     X SPC
Franzl      X Franzl

Delegates from the Midwest (3)
Ilikeverin      X ilikeverin
Dead0man       X dead0man
Lewis Trondheim      X Delegate 3rd Class, Lewis Trondheim (Yes, I will transcribe it.)

Delegates from the Pacific (5)
Bgwah       X Bgwah
Marokai Blue      X Marokai Blue
Meekermariner      X Meeker
CultureKing       X CultureKing
MaxQue        X MaxQue
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:27:55 pm by Verily »Logged
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
YaBB God
Latvia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:45:58 pm »
Ignore

On behalf of the Mideast,

X SPC

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:10:49 am »
Ignore

Hi.

X lief

Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:33:58 am »
Ignore

Proudly representing the Mideast,

X Franzl
Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 06:35:17 am »
Ignore

Humbly representing the Northeast citizenry, X Smid.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 07:18:25 am »
Ignore

Demat kamaladed!

x Hashemite

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:51:53 am »
Ignore

x Afleitch
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:29 am »
Ignore

Representin' that region I live in.

X- AndrewCT

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Daniel Adams
YaBB God
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 02:15:21 pm »
Ignore

Representing the Dirty South,

X Daniel Adams
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 04:41:59 pm »
Ignore

X DWTL

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 10:58:37 pm »
Ignore

Hmmm... It's not clear to me how the Pacific's selection system works. It may be 5-seat STV, or it may be 5-seat/5-vote FPTP.

If it's 5-seat STV, Ogis was elected to the Convention (by virtue of Lunar and CultureKing having no first preferences), but he is eliminated for being ineligible as a banned user and so CultureKing narrowly edges out Lunar. Bgwah, Marokai, Meeker and MaxQue are elected in this circumstance. (I think, not certain on quite how it would work, Lunar might edge MaxQue despite having no first preferences.)

But, If it's 5-seat/5-vote FPTP, Bgwah, Meeker, Lunar and Marokai are elected with CultureKing and MaxQue tied.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:03:55 pm by Verily »Logged
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:05 pm »
Ignore

Hmmm... It's not clear to me how the Pacific's selection system works. It may be 5-seat STV, or it may be 5-seat/5-vote FPTP.

If it's 5-seat STV, Ogis was elected to the Convention (by virtue of Lunar and CultureKing having no first preferences), but he is eliminated for being ineligible as a banned user and so CultureKing narrowly edges out Lunar. Bgwah, Marokai, Meeker and MaxQue are elected in this circumstance. (I think, not certain on quite how it would work, Lunar might edge MaxQue despite having no first preferences.)

But, If it's 5-seat/5-vote FPTP, Bgwah, Meeker, Lunar and Marokai are elected with CultureKing and MaxQue tied.

We also have the fact than Lunar said he will perhaps refuse to be seated if a more active person than him would enter in the Convention by doing that.
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 11:49:03 pm »
Ignore

We also have the fact than Lunar said he will perhaps refuse to be seated if a more active person than him would enter in the Convention by doing that.

True, but that's his decision, not one of the electoral officials.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:40 pm »
Ignore

True, but that's his decision, not one of the electoral officials.

I know, but that can be the cause of another change.
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:15 am »
Ignore

That would, however, require another election. Lunar cannot simply refuse to be elected, he must be elected and refuse to serve. No matter in what manner the Pacific is choosing its delegates, the vacancy would have to be filled by a special election.

Of course, since the regions are more or less free to make up their own rules regarding delegate selection, the governor could simply appoint someone.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:01:58 am by Verily »Logged
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 12:04:28 am »
Ignore

That would, however, require another election. Lunar cannot simply refuse to be elected, he must be elected and refuse to serve.

Not if he is considered like a write-in. After all, he didn't vote for himself and he was unclear in his candidacy declaration.
Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 12:18:31 am »
Ignore

In the announcement of candidates' nominations, Cultureking raised the question of whether it was to be elected by STV or Multiple FPTP, however the question was never answered:

So, how do we want to go about this? Have everyone put their preferences in order? Vote for five and the ones with most votes becomes the delegates?

The first vote, by Bgwah suggested that he believed that a Multiple FPTP method was to be practiced:

I'll give my five votes to:

All subsequent voters likewise allocated five votes, and without allocating preference numbers (although an order of preference may be implied by the order in which the candidates' names were listed). It would seem, however, that most voters adopted a multiple FPTP methodology and by your analysis, Cultureking and MaxQue are tied. Perhaps a run-off may be necessary?
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 07:32:31 am »
Ignore

Since there is some indication that the ordering was "preferential", one might argue that you could look through where each of CultureKing and MaxQue was ranked by each voter and determine a winner form that. I haven't done so yet.

Overall, Bgwah and Meeker have 11 votes, Marokai and Lunar have 10, CultureKing and MaxQue have 6, and ogis had 1. But, if ogis's vote is retroactively invalidated, MaxQue has only 5 votes while CultureKing still has 6 (with Bgwah, Lunar and Meeker each losing a vote as well), in which case CultureKing is selected.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:40:20 am by Verily »Logged
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2009, 09:37:13 am »
Ignore

x Brandon H

A Republican - at least for a little while
GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »
Ignore

Delegates from the Midwest (3)
Ilikeverin
Dead0man
Lewis Trondheim (all by my count and pending certification)
Your count is correct. The delegates have been now certified:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=93449.msg1942638#msg1942638
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:24:54 pm by GMantis »Logged

ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 05:54:14 pm »
Ignore

ilikeverin

Chief Judicial Officer of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, registered in the State of Joy, in Atlasia
Recognized National Treasure of Atlasia
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 11:27:29 pm »
Ignore

X MaxQue
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 11:59:43 pm »
Ignore

x Marokai Blue

(Or as our Governor likes to say, Marokia. Tongue)

Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:54 am »
Ignore

Just as a notice, our Governor may have to re-certify the results because of his unfortunate typo..

CultureKing
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 12:09:09 am »
Ignore

X CultureKing

Econ: -6.50, Social: -5.23
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length