your complete voting history redux (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:36:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  your complete voting history redux (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: your complete voting history redux  (Read 2816 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: March 10, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »

Lemmeesee...

1997 local elections

Linkswende (lol) for the city council, Greens for the neighborhood council and the overpaid undertasked misboundaried regional assembly thingy we used to have whose abolution was one of the few good things Roland Koch has done. (There weren't any leftist protest options - besides PDS which I still refused to vote for at the time - available for the more meaningless councils, "forcing" me to throw away my city council vote.)

1998 federal elections
1999 state elections
Direct vote Chance 2000 (now that's a party I'd like to see running again Grin ), list vote Greens

1999 Euros
PDS.

2001 locals
I had 93 votes in that (and 19 for the neighborhood council). I don't remember where every single one went. Most went to Greens, with a few SPD, PDS (just these two for the neighborhood council), forum der unzufriedenen, Europe List, anti airport (possibly ÖkoLinx as well? I know I didn't vote for Ditfurth personally) preferences thrown in. Green candidate for mayor.

2001 mayoral runoff
SPD

2002 & 2005 Bundestag elections
Direct vote PDS/Left, list vote Greens

2003 state elections
Direct vote SPD, list vote Greens

2004 Euros
Greens

2006 locals
See above. Most votes Left, others Greens (quite a lot), SPD, Europe List, ÖkoLinx

2007 mayoral
Horst Schäfer, lefty independent who took 1.3%.

2008, 2009 state elections
SPD direct vote, Left list vote

projected:
2009 Euros - probably Greens
2009 federals - likely to decide between Greens and Left within the last couple of days. Again.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

Who is your direct representative Lewis? I had figured Frankfurt would be an SPD stronghold but it appears to have a CDU mayor so I am interested now.
Gregor Amann (SPD) for the Bundestag, Ralf-Norbert Bartelt (CDU) for the Landtag.
Frankfurt was an SPD stronghold once upon a time. It is a Green stronghold, and a Left stronghold, but certainly not an SPD stronghold anymore.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:28:23 PM »

My voting record is that of a total hack. Wait. That isn't quite true; I cast a spoilt ballot in a parish council election a few years ago.

Frankfurt was an SPD stronghold once upon a time. It is a Green stronghold, and a Left stronghold, but certainly not an SPD stronghold anymore.

Did the SPD start losing (lots of) ground in Frankfurt around the same time as other big cities?
Basically. Local particulars vary, obviously. In some of the historically catholic major cities, the SPD is in a stronger position now than in the 50s (but certainly not the 70s).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies